Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

Watford Pre-Match

Knockaert will get plenty of stick over that penalty last season just hope he does lose his head

As long as he doesn't keep losing the ball  :P

Genuinely very excited for this. First trip to Vicarage Road and think we'll go there with a point to prove. As much as everyone says about that game being in the past, it must still rankle with the players a little bit. Can see us winning this one 2-1.  

Don't really get the whole "revenge" thing, i know it was harsh how you lost but keep in mind it was one of your players who cheated and it would have been considerably more harsh on us had you scored the penalty. We haven't been in great form lately but very unlucky against Brighton, having a perfectly good goal ruled off and the ref generally helping Brighton out. That said I think this will be a draw 2-2 or narrow win to us 2-1. Nugent has a habit of scoring against us so I won't be surprised if he scores.

I haven't seen Leicester much this season (only really the minute or so football league highlights) but seems like last season when you started strongly, do you think you'll drop off again or can maintain your position throughout the rest of the season?

Don't really get the whole "revenge" thing, i know it was harsh how you lost but keep in mind it was one of your players who cheated and it would have been considerably more harsh on us had you scored the penalty. We haven't been in great form lately but very unlucky against Brighton, having a perfectly good goal ruled off and the ref generally helping Brighton out. That said I think this will be a draw 2-2 or narrow win to us 2-1. Nugent has a habit of scoring against us so I won't be surprised if he scores.

You seem pretty confident considering current league standings. Chasing our little foxy tails and all that.

I haven't seen Leicester much this season (only really the minute or so football league highlights) but seems like last season when you started strongly, do you think you'll drop off again or can maintain your position throughout the rest of the season?

I'm seeing as it as a normal fixture, I agree it isn't revenge as we don't have anything to avenge lol Had we got through on that dive it would have been more than a little embarrassing

Should be a decent game, scoring draw for me.

You're right, it's not exactly revenge as he blatantly dived but that's the thing with Knockaert. He's a special talent who goes from the ridiculous to the sublime and if he did 'exact revenge' I think it will help take him to the next level, but in terms of justice there's no revenge to carry out. Youw ere far better than us in the 2 league games and although we fought out a decent 1-0 win in the first leg, you were much more ruthless in the 2nd leg and I don't have any arguments over the outcome. It was just a little cruel how it happened.

I'm surprised at your shakey start, given your squad is probably stronger but it looks like you're missing Vydra and Abdi. Is Deeney lacking the support these two provided him?

We've started very well, absolutely no play-off hangover or any ill effects of our disgraceful dip in form from February to April that cost us promotion. We seem to have galvanised because of this and with minimal transfer activity we seem more solid and focused. We haven't played as expansive football as we did at times last year where we destroyed some teams at home by 5 or 6 goals but the most impressive thing is we are capable of going a goal down and coming back to win or draw. That has happened several times this season, where as it rarely happened in previous seasons. There's great belief.

I'm still cautious of you lot, you're a bogey team to us of late. Especially away from home. It would be massive for us to get something from this game as our away form is still our weakness.

Absolutely must start Knockaert. Sends out entirely the wrong message if he's dropped. The penalty is ancient history unless Pearson wants to use it to motivate him.

Its not about individuals its about the team and if NP thinks its best suited for the team not to start with Knockaert he will do so

What are your opinions on Forestieri's constant cheating? 

Archived