Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

Watford Pre-Match

Schmeichel

Moore Wasilewski Morgan Konchesky

Hammond        James

Knockaert       Drinkwater            Dyer

Vardy

I would be tempted to go with  something like that, the main issue being who to play up top and whether to put King in for James.

how about...

Schmeichel

Wasyl        Miquel      Morgan 

Moore                         King                Drinky                  Konchesky/Schlupp 

Knocky

Vardy                   Wood                                      

Keep the same team as the last league game no changes needed to a winning side at all!! :) Plus Watford dont look as good as they were last year when i watched them play Brighton on monday. Also i found this decent website created by some kid quite good info a stuff on it all to do with the foxes check it out.

http://cameronbarnes98.wix.com/foxes-fans-uk

Decent website:D

Scandalous self-promotion lol

You "found" it? So the fact your user name is Cam, as well as the website creator being called Cameron is purely coincidental, is it?

Am I the only one with a half-empty glass about this fixture?

I'm just concerned that after the euphoria of last night there might be some kind of a negative reaction in the squad on Saturday.  Either over-confidence, or the flatness of mood that sometimes follows a fine achievement, or simply physical/emotional tiredness.  Also, maybe, over-eagerness to eradicate memories of last May and/or wish for revenge, which could cause rash actions.

I hope and trust that Nige will get them in the right physical condition and frame of mind.

Like Gingerr says, I'm thinking 3-5-2 to match them up. If he doesn't use if for this game then I don't think he ever will:

Schmeichel

Wasilewski - Morgan - Miquel

Moore - Drinkwater - Knockaert - King - Dyer

Vardy - Nugent

Subs: Logan, St Ledger, Schlupp, Hammond, James, Taylor-Fletcher, Wood

Knocky in cen mid?Dyer covering at the back?Dont work mate in my opinion.Sure 3 in the middle flanked by 2 wide wing-backs could work but has to be James or Hammond in the middle not Knocky!

Wood was better than Nugent when he came on Saturday and he was one of the better players last night too. I would bring him in and out of Vardy and Nugent it would be for Nugent

Was he? From what I remember it was Nugent who scored one of the goals that contributed to our win despite being ill, not Wood? Wood's assist wasn't even that good as any half-decent keeper would have been all over it.

Knocky in cen mid?Dyer covering at the back?Dont work mate in my opinion.Sure 3 in the middle flanked by 2 wide wing-backs could work but has to be James or Hammond in the middle not Knocky!

To be honest that line up is a bit deceptive. I pictured it more as Knockaert in a free role behind the strikers with DD and King sitting behind. I think Dyer would do fine as a LWB with the cover of Miquel behind him. I was wary of the type of wing backs. When we've played it before with two genuine full backs as wing backs it's been a very restrictive system. I felt one full back and one winger would give a better balance to the side.

Was he? From what I remember it was Nugent who scored one of the goals that contributed to our win despite being ill, not Wood? Wood's assist wasn't even that good as any half-decent keeper would have been all over it.

Yes he was, I'm not slating Nugent I just feel Wood should come in. If you're going to say that you could say the same for Nugents goal. Any half decent keeper would've tipped it round the post.

To be honest that line up is a bit deceptive. I pictured it more as Knockaert in a free role behind the strikers with DD and King sitting behind. I think Dyer would do fine as a LWB with the cover of Miquel behind him. I was wary of the type of wing backs. When we've played it before with two genuine full backs as wing backs it's been a very restrictive system. I felt one full back and one winger would give a better balance to the side.

I think if your going 2 wing backs with Moore and Dyer and Knocky in a free role behind the front 2 Surely our midfield is left with King and Drinky! Just a little exposed when Watford try and play the Spain way with 5 or even 6 in midfield with no striker at times.Our midfield would be outrun.My opinion is there has to be 3 across the middle for this with King,Drinky,And Hammond or James with Moore and Konch providing cover on the flanks.I could be wrong.This just goes to prove what comp for places there is in the squad atm,and how versatile our systems can be now.Only last season we were saying there was no plan B.Now it seems we have countless options.

Whatever our formation and team we go with chances are at this min in time the Watford fans are bricking it a bit more than ours!

Get a result, any result, anyhow, and keep the run going,confidence must be sky high in the dressing room.

Archived