Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark_w

Dear Top

Think we need to see how it goes. 

Imagine signing another contract and then we lose a bunch

Imagine the manager who has us flying at the top of the table taking a job with a relegation threatened Premier League team because we've not tied him down to a new contract.

Imagine the manager who has us flying at the top of the table taking a job with a relegation threatened Premier League team because we've not tied him down to a new contract.

Again, how is he less likely to leave if he has a new contract?

Little, McGhee, O'Neill and Megson all had contracts which didn't stop them leaving and Pearson left Hull while he was under contract.

Are you worried he'll walk away for free in the summer or something? lol

The owners are just waiting to see how the land lies in January when I'm sure all the contracts for Pearson and the players we want to keep will be sorted if we're still looking good for automatic promotion. It may be a more cautious approach than some would like but given FFP and last season's collapse, it's an understandable one

I'm sorry but this contract talk is getting on my nerves. We are clearly not going to be able to offer like for like contracts heaven forbid improved contracts to these people while still being in the championship. Let them get on with getting us promotion and then open talks. If someone says they want to leave because of this then they have no business being at this club because they do not understand the implications that ffp could potentially have.

Dear Mark_w

I love you, I really do, you are one of my faves...

...but I don't like this thread. It's a bit unnecessary, you are better than this.

Hugs and kisses.

CPF

It just seemed a bit odd to me that no one is talking about our manager being out of contract in 6 months time when we're top of the league. Surely that's important. I might have just said that though if I hadn't been posting past midnight.

Again, how is he less likely to leave if he has a new contract?

If he gets an offer from another team I think it's pretty obvious that he'll be less likely to leave if he has the security of a long term contract here at Leicester. At the very least it will mean that we'll get some decent compensation if he is poached by a bigger club. And didn't Pearson say/imply in his interviews last time that he left because the club didn't make him feel wanted/didn't try hard enough to keep him? I really don't think that leaving his contract talks until the summer is a good idea.

It just seemed a bit odd to me that no one is talking about our manager being out of contract in 6 months time when we're top of the league. Surely that's important. I might have just said that though if I hadn't been posting past midnight.

If he gets an offer from another team I think it's pretty obvious that he'll be less likely to leave if he has the security of a long term contract here at Leicester. At the very least it will mean that we'll get some decent compensation if he is poached by a bigger club. And didn't Pearson say/imply in his interviews last time that he left because the club didn't make him feel wanted/didn't try hard enough to keep him? I really don't think that leaving his contract talks until the summer is a good idea.

If a premier league club comes calling and he wants to ge there it won't matter how long his contract is. We may get some compensation we may not but they would be able to afford it anyway.

None of us has any idea what has gone on/is going on behind the scenes. Maybe he doesn't want a new contract? Maybe they are holding talks. Pearson has always done his tranfer dealings in a close and quite secretive manner I see no reason to suspect anything else would be the case with his personal terms.

If a premier league club comes calling and he wants to ge there it won't matter how long his contract is.

Yes, but it might influence whether or not he actually wants to go there. Imagine if Fulham sacked their manager in February, and let's say they're in a similar position to where they are now. Nigel Pearson is surely more likely to take on the task of trying to keep the Premier League side in that division, because he'll know that if it goes tits up here he'll be out of a job, because we haven't offered him a new contract. I accept that contract talks may already be ongoing, just voicing my concern that nothing has been sorted out already, because really this is something that should have been addressed in the summer.

I don't think NP will allow the focus to be turned away he will want to see the job done and that is promotion.

Simple as that, he won't do a hissy fit, because you would hope he has the determination to see the job till the end.

I think they should get it done now. He's proved over time that he is a sensible manager with quality. If he gets us up he should be rewarded with the opportunity to stay and have a go at it, if we fall away as we did last season then I still think in these current restricted times we're better off with him, and building on what we have and remaining consistent. The days of throwing money about, sacking managers with big pay offs is gone, long term strategy and a consistent approach is what's required.

I'd love to see him sign a new contract but I think almost everything is riding on a successful promotion campaign. I dread to think what state we'll be in if we **** it up again.

Having said that, NP should be retained either way IMHO. Best manager we've had since MON by an absolute mile - I'm amazed there are fans who still don't rate him. His LCFC record speaks for itself.

The way I see it is if Pearson gets us up he'll get a contract. If we collapse like last season, I don't think he will.

There's no panic IMO, Nigel is focused on the job at hand. Nobody has to worry about his contract, if we achieve our aims things will work themselves out.

Can you give Nigel Pearson a new contract now please?

Love from,

Mark_w

---

Seriously, why hasn't this happened yet?

I genuinely don't understand.

Can you give Nigel Pearson a new contract now please?

Love from,

Mark_w

---

Seriously, why hasn't this happened yet?

I genuinely don't understand.

:rolleyes:  He will have to take a pay cut if we don't go up, and that will be stipulated in a new contract. Would he be prepared to do that?

Also if we don't go up, the club may decide on a new manager, so I would envisage a short term contract, anyway.

Guess we will have to wait and see, but let's all hope we go up.

Archived