Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Suffolk_fox

Youngy - "We won't lose between now and the end of the season"

To be fair to the guy... all he said was he thought it was possible, and he had a few quid on it.

He never said it was gospel, or that he was even confident of it..

I got odds off PaddyPower and they only gave 28/1 on it... which i think is pretty short!

I got 100/1 off Mark Jarvis before the M'boro game

Shame on those who called him a moron.

He's a Leicester legend and loves the club. It's good we've got a passionate Leicester fan on commentary!

I completely agree. Whatever faults Stringer and Youngy have they are passionate about the club. I occasionally listen to the oppositions commentary and I have to say we are lucky to have them. Personally I quite like the occasional tangent they go off on although you do sometimes miss snippets of the game ;)

I think the amount of crap they get from people off here goes too far quite a lot of the time.

:appl: Stringer and Youngy.

I like him.  We only get to listen on the radio on Saturday Mornings, and without fail my wife and I always get a laugh out of the commentary.  They are one of the better commentator-color teams I have heard in different sports.  If I see a game its because BEIN sports shows it which, lately, has been the Leeds and Derby matches.  As for his statement - I just view it as part of the entertainment he provides.  He's just trying to be a bit controversial and express a bit of confidence.

The other funny thing is the audio streams on Foxes player are delayed past the match display. So,this past week, I told my wife "I feel a goal coming on - De Laet header" before he announced it.  She thought I was clairvoyant!

Comments like that don't help anyone. Stringer is just as bad. As 2 of Leicester's leading media guys they should know better. They are on the football forum and post match show every time now saying its done. How can it be done with 17/8 games left? We have an 8 point lead not a 30 point lead.

Stringer has come across as exceedingly and more excessively arrogant as we have consolidated top spot. Couldn't make Birmingham on Tuesday so I listened to it from home. He was always on about their left back bell as "a good effort from the youngster" and "you can't expect much more from a kid" etc. sorry stringer - didn't realise you were ex-pro and could comment with such damming and patronising words.

They both need to tone down this whole we've done it already thing. We look very arrogant and the bottom line is it is not done yet. Well be left with our pants down come the end of the season if these 2 carry on this. Even most of the fans on the phone in rant quite so complacent.

FFS, only just seen this. Why do these two insist on heaping massive pressure on the team and the manager? You can bet the next game we lose, Stringer will be banging on about Leicester's promotion bid 'hitting the rocks' and postulating that 'the dream could be dead'. I just wish they'd both stop making all these grand statements and take a leaf out of Pearson's book. I don't mind them speculating that we could go up and discussing it, but saying things like 'we won't lose all season' and 'we're as good as promoted' isn't helping anyone.

I don't mind Youngy, he seems to genuinely love the club and he seems like a nice bloke to boot, but Stringer is just a total cock. Shameful excuse for a journalist and he just comes across as a complete slimeball. 

Stringer including it in interviews with Pearson is just ridiculous, Pearson will never get carried away and make outlandish statements so it's pointless asking him, he'll no doubt get pissed off (quite rightly) and the fans will miss out on other topics during interviews.

Stringer & Youngy can be bafoons but they love the club and are definitely passionate! We've all made stupid comments on this forum just look at the pre match threads of the last 8 games as an example. Different people will handle the heightening level of excitement in different ways. COYB

Stringer & Youngy can be bafoons but they love the club and are definitely passionate! We've all made stupid comments on this forum just look at the pre match threads of the last 8 games as an example. Different people will handle the heightening level of excitement in different ways. COYB

There's getting things wrong and then there's making completely outlandish statements every time we win. I'm all for passionate fans on there but those two are going to look like the biggest pair of morons in the world if we don't go up.

There's getting things wrong and then there's making completely outlandish statements every time we win. I'm all for passionate fans on there but those two are going to look like the biggest pair of morons in the world if we don't go up.

Agree totally Dan, let's face it though even the most pessemistic out there are getting a tad excited.

Won 8 in a row, beat some pretty good teams - have some below average teams left to play, fair shout by the guy.

We've lost, what? 5 out of 28, and there's 18 left...

Chances are we won't win or draw the next 18, but you have to admit, this Leicester side looks somewhat unbeatable at this level, with or without a shit ref / bad day, we should be able to dispose of teams full stop.

(But I do think he's a little bit foolish sounding so confident about it.)

FFS, only just seen this. Why do these two insist on heaping massive pressure on the team and the manager? You can bet the next game we lose, Stringer will be banging on about Leicester's promotion bid 'hitting the rocks' and postulating that 'the dream could be dead'. I just wish they'd both stop making all these grand statements and take a leaf out of Pearson's book. I don't mind them speculating that we could go up and discussing it, but saying things like 'we won't lose all season' and 'we're as good as promoted' isn't helping anyone.

I don't mind Youngy, he seems to genuinely love the club and he seems like a nice bloke to boot, but Stringer is just a total cock. Shameful excuse for a journalist and he just comes across as a complete slimeball. 

Stringer and Young are just fans reporting what they see from a bias perspective, I would be very excited if I was in their position reporting on a Leicester game in winning potential promotion form.

As for pressure, I think the players already have enough pessure being top of the league, having 8/9 players out of contract, the pressure of being promted and being replaced, the pressure of not getting promoted and being replaced, the pressure of losing Pearson if we get / if we don't get promted.....

Fans hyping the players won't put too much pressure on them, if anything it boosts their confidence - think about it, the fans are behind them all the way no matter what, and the fans think promotion - the players will be thinking the same.

Not sure how many of you remember the olden days of struggling & runs of bad form, but if you recall every game they would be optimistic, highlighting our positives and apart from the odd "sitting in a precarious position" or "its really not looking good"

Do you expect the commentary duo that looked on the bright side at those times to start saying lets not look at where we are, how well we are playing, and the fact we are in the best position since however long ago.

Their job is to be optimistic. To try and get people excited about the clubs position.

Personally I think they do a good job from the games Ive heard. Has anyone else on here used their commentary whilst watching a game live on TV? Its actually much more bearable than ol' don goodman.

Archived