Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Suffolk_fox

Youngy - "We won't lose between now and the end of the season"

I'm at a loss as to how arrogant a lot of our fans are.

Did everyone just completely forget last season's collapse? We should know better than most clubs 

I can't recall a single point last season where I felt certain we'd finish in the autos.  This is a different team, a vastly improved one. One that has demonstrated on many occasions this year that they're much more resilient than last year's squad.

I can't recall a single point last season where I felt certain we'd finish in the autos.  This is a different team, a vastly improved one. One that has demonstrated on many occasions this year that they're much more resilient than last year's squad.

I have to say that I was hammering the panic button after defeats at Wednesday (just after we'd gone top) and Brighton, followed by what was, let's face it, a pretty shit performance against Man City.

Given what happened last year, I don't think that was particularly unreasonable. But some of the wins we have had since are exactly the sort of games we lost not only last season but in plenty of previous ones too - Leeds after being largely outplayed and Millwall - where we always lose. But it was the Derby game at home when I really started to believe. Derby were a side in great form and we just took them apart with a magnificent display, in which 4-1 flattered the visitors. Compare that to previous seasons when we had had big games:

West Brom in 2009/10 - it's easy to forget that we were 3rd at this point and welcomed 2nd place West Brom on the back of us having won 2 tricky away games at Reading and QPR. We got battered 2-1.

Cardiff, Norwich and QPR in 2010/11 - On a great run of 7 wins in 8, beating the divisions poorer sides, we go to within 2 points of the play-offs and wilted.

Cardiff and Palace in 2012/13 - Beaten in both games in different ways at home. Cardiff we were the better side but lost. Against Palace we were well beaten.

This season we are winning at grounds we never win at. We are winning games when we're the inferior side. And we're hammering (good) teams at home.

If we don't go up this season it will start to feel like we never will.

But, as I keep saying, 92 points will do me fine. 

Stringer & Youngy can be bafoons but they love the club and are definitely passionate! We've all made stupid comments on this forum just look at the pre match threads of the last 8 games as an example. Different people will handle the heightening level of excitement in different ways. COYB

Speak for yourself.

My posts are generally spot on and highly informative.

:whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

Shame on those who called him a moron.

He's a Leicester legend and loves the club. It's good we've got a passionate Leicester fan on commentary!

Loves the club that much that he didn't know anything about the o'neill era and openly admitted 2007 was "before his time at Leicester" when asked something on air.

In simple terms - he is now following us because he's paid to do so.

Have we lost since he made that statement?

No but I believe I'm right in saying we've only played 3 games since then all against teams in the bottom half.

We are more than likely going to lose again, but we can afford to have the odd slip up. I guarantee all the top 6 will lose at least 2 more games.

I wonder what odds the bookies would give on Leicester to go unbeaten for the rest of the season.....

• 2 weeks later...

No but I believe I'm right in saying we've only played 3 games since then all against teams in the bottom half.

We are more than likely going to lose again, but we can afford to have the odd slip up. I guarantee all the top 6 will lose at least 2 more games.

I wonder what odds the bookies would give on Leicester to go unbeaten for the rest of the season.....

Forest and Ipswich in Bottom half !!!!!!!! , you wouldnt make a informed radio commentator......

And Young was a city favourite as striker, and goalkeeper.

Just think what the posters on this site would think of names for you.

Forest and Ipswich in Bottom half !!!!!!!! , you wouldnt make a informed radio commentator......

And Young was a city favourite as striker, and goalkeeper.

Just think what the posters on this site would think of names for you.

Silly me didnt look at the date of your post, comments would make ME a good candidate to

do Radio commentary, join me in the box

We have Burnley, Blackburn, Reading and Wigan still to play away from home who have all put in some good performances recently.

Even if we carry on our high standards of play I find it hard to believe we won't lose one of these and we shouldn't be horrified if we do.

Although I obviously would love it to happen I think Young would be unbearable next season lol

True.

Once we've won the league with a record number of points, let's just throw the Doncaster game.

Archived