Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

I think that stability works for teams. These players have something to prove in the premier league. You may say that we've signed 7 players this season but only recently have Mahrez and Marcin been a regular in the squad with the core of the squad been made up from players from last season.

My point about Wenger is that he's the longest serving manager in the league and maybe we should listen to him in regards to signings. I believe that we just need that little bit of class rather than a massive overhaul. We'll have less games to play next year too which can only be a bonus.

Injury free season next year like this and I'll be over the moon with 12th and a decent cup run.

What do you mean "You may say that we've signed 7 players this season" we have signed 7 players this season, it's not even up for debate. The debate was about new players disrupting the squad was it not? That shows we have already added 7 players to the squad, integrated some of them into the first team and we are actually doing rather well.

Would I buy 5/6 players and chuck them all in the starting line up, no I wouldn't. Would I buy 5/6 players, integrate some into the team where needed, have some on the bench and some rotating in the squad, then yes I would... just as Pearson has this year.

If we were to buy a quality centre back, future top 6 team player, Virgil Van dijk from celtic,

Absolutely quality, The lads a monster... Was touted for arsenal in january for around 7-8m

Seriously hot prospect.

The future of the leicester defence?

Cresswell   Van dijk    Moore   Trippier :wub: :wub:

Hasn't Adam Johnson been playing on the right lately, he would cost a few bit, plus with all these names people seem to be forgetting Knockaert & Mahrez. 

We could pluck someone out from abroad again, who is on par with Adam Johnson or even better.

We need a left-winger/attacking midfielder, let Mahrez & Knockaert fight it out for right midfield, while we need to get someone in better than Dyer on the left-side. 

It looks like the Black Cats could well be relegated. If so, Adam Johnson and (dare I say it), Cattermole would be good additions. If the latter controlled himself and didn't get fookin sent off so much.

Whilst neither had their best games last night, I would take Bridcutt & Alonso from them. Also Johnson should the wages prove affordable, but I wouldn't bother with Cattermole - I think we have better options currently and feel he is a limited albeit effective player.

What do you mean "You may say that we've signed 7 players this season" we have signed 7 players this season, it's not even up for debate. The debate was about new players disrupting the squad was it not? That shows we have already added 7 players to the squad, integrated some of them into the first team and we are actually doing rather well.

Would I buy 5/6 players and chuck them all in the starting line up, no I wouldn't. Would I buy 5/6 players, integrate some into the team where needed, have some on the bench and some rotating in the squad, then yes I would... just as Pearson has this year.

Quoting out of context doesn't really work when it goes onto say but how many of them played. Bakayogo played what that game at Crewe?

We've integrated two of them into the squad and only one very recently. I'm advocating buying a couple (no more than 3) class players.

We don't want to come down again and undo all the hard work we've spent ten years trying to achieve.

Do you think Pearson could try and tame Ravel Morrison?

It's hard to say what we need as we don't know how some players will perform at a higher level. Some players can be excellent in the championship but not step up whereas others raise their game at a higher level.

From a quick think I reckon we could look at:

Mulumbu and berahino if west brom go down although will probably have other interest

Calum mcmanaman and James mcarthur from Wigan

Fraser Forster if kasper goes

Victor Moses

Maybe slightly ambitious but I don't think completely unrealistic. We need to look at players who cannot make it at a top 10 club and may go to a bottom 10 club.

Hasn't Adam Johnson been playing on the right lately, he would cost a few bit, plus with all these names people seem to be forgetting Knockaert & Mahrez. 

We could pluck someone out from abroad again, who is on par with Adam Johnson or even better.

We need a left-winger/attacking midfielder, let Mahrez & Knockaert fight it out for right midfield, while we need to get someone in better than Dyer on the left-side. 

Not so sure about that. On his day and when he's given a decent run in a team, he's just about as good an out-and-out winger as there is. Still, we know that they're going to unearth some gems so that, coupled with our financial backing, makes it probably the most exciting transfer window ever.

To be honest I'd rather keep Conrad on the bench, and if Kasper gets injured (which hasn't really happened in his 3 years here(touchwood), get one in on loan.

Not sure on prem rules but it's not as simple to get a loan. We can't go into next season with Logan as back up. Even if we have to sign some European on loan for the year.

Can't see why we would waste money on a central midfielder. Drinkwater is the best attacking midfielder in this division. And Andy King is probably the second or third... And why would we sign a player to replace James?

This team would probably survive in the Prem even if we didnt buy anyone in the Summer.

I would much rather give this lot the chance to start the season, with one big signing, and then invest in January 2015 once we know which areas need strenghthening.

I might buy a striker in the Summer... But Even then, Chris Wood's display against Burnley may end up saving us around £7min the transfer market.

I think good signings would be:

Neil Taylor-£4m

Adam Johnson-£10-12m

Steven Caulkur-£5m

Liam Bridcutt-£3-4m

Jay Rodriguez-£8m

Charlie Austin-£4m

Kieran Westwood-£2m

So around £35-40m spent in total, thoughts??

Edit: just thought of Charlie Adam from Stoke-he'd be decent at £6 or 7m.

Quoting out of context doesn't really work when it goes onto say but how many of them played. Bakayogo played what that game at Crewe?

We've integrated two of them into the squad and only one very recently. I'm advocating buying a couple (no more than 3) class players.

We don't want to come down again and undo all the hard work we've spent ten years trying to achieve.

How many of them played...  Was, Phillips, Hammond, Mahrez, GTF, Miquel  have all been part of the team and squad at times throughout the season, they all took someones place in the squad. You seem to be confusing starting 11 with squad.

I think good signings would be:

Neil Taylor-£4m

Adam Johnson-£10-12m

Steven Caulkur-£5m

Liam Bridcutt-£3-4m

Jay Rodriguez-£8m

Charlie Austin-£4m

Kieran Westwood-£2m

So around £35-40m spent in total, thoughts??

Edit: just thought of Charlie Adam from Stoke-he'd be decent at £6 or 7m.

Why on earth would he want to leave Southampton? 

Archived