Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Seb Larsson & Brede Hangeland ?

I was going to suggest Hangeland too. He's getting on a bit and prob not quite the player he was but he's got bags of experience and probably wouldn't cost a fortune.

Seb Larsson & Brede Hangeland ?

Take them both like a shot

Scott Sinclair on a seasons loan wouldn't be a bad shout.

Loan definitely, Permanent I'm not so sure he would be value for his wages

I was going to suggest Hangeland too. He's getting on a bit and prob not quite the player he was but he's got bags of experience and probably wouldn't cost a fortune.

Same age as Wasilewski, But knows the premierleague so couldnt be a bad thing surely

Maximum 3 signings. Wenger has always said this and I have to agree with him. You can't just buy a load and hope they stick (us, QPR, Spurs etc) but add just a couple (hull, Liverpool, Chelsea, man city etc). Three max in the summer and the window in Jan if needed.

We signed 7 players this season and currently sit top of the league.

We may only integrate 3 players into the starting 11 to start with, but we are going to need more than that.

Everyone keeps banging on about getting another left back, but correct me if i'm wrong.....isnt DeLaet a natural left back? I'm sure I heard him quote that and he said there is no natural right backs at the club! hence why he is playing there? We have Konch & Jeff at LB, i'm sure Bakayogo will be shipped out. Perhaps it is RB we should be looking at?... If Burnley slip away due to their injury list growing, a bid for Trippier would be awesome if they fail to make the grade, could be a different story if they limp over the line however. 

I can also see us bidding for McCormack again this close season for extra fire power.

CB, we'll have Moore, Wes & Hopefully big Was, but def need another proven CB....will Miquel make the grade for the Prem? Ive not seen enough of him to be convinced? SSL & Whitbread IMO are not good enough for the prem.

In honesty, i'm hoping for another quiet-ish close season with our scouting network unearthing some absolute gems. No big name charlies for me thank you.

Maximum 3 signings. Wenger has always said this and I have to agree with him.You can't just buy a load and hope they stick (us, QPR, Spurs etc) but add just a couple (hull, Liverpool, Chelsea, man city etc). Three max in the summer and the window in Jan if needed.

Yeah, but Wenger has only ever had to add to an already good Arsenal side, so of course he wouldn't need more than about two or three quality additions.

We've got to adjust to a much higher level of football and to do that we're going to need new players. I don't think there's some magic number of players we need to buy - Pearson will only bring in additions who add to what we've already got and fit in with our squad ethos and how we play football. We shouldn't collect players for the sake of it, but neither should we limit ourselves to who we bring in because we're concerned about the balance of the squad. Trust in the manager and his team. They've got it right more often than not.

Nigel Pearson said his Leicester City players deserve a chance to play in the Premier Leagueicon1.png.

City can move nine points clear at the top of the Championship if they beat Wigan at the DW Stadium tonight (7.45).

It would be another significant step to ensuring promotion to the top flight and, although Pearson is guarded against saying the job is done until City officially cross the finishing line, he did say that he plans to keep this squadicon1.png together for next season.

Pearson has already said he wants to offer defender Marcin Wasilewski a new contract and said he hoped the other playersicon1.png out of contract at the end of the campaign will sign new deals.

Kasper Schmeichel, Lloyd Dyer and David Nugent are among those out of contract at the end of June.

"As far as I am concerned, this group deserves an opportunity, providing we do get promotion, to playicon1.png at the next level," he said.

"The players know we will discuss it (contracts) at the end of the season.

"Marcin already knows I would like him to stay and I have gone on record to say I want to keep this squad together.

"Without going into details, that would indicate there aren't going to be too many changes.

"Whether players and the club can then agree deals is something else.

"The players have managed to remain focusedicon1.png on the job and I remember the build-up to the January window when there was an awful lot of speculation about whether we would lose players.

"The speculation is generated by third parties and it is amazing that, all of a sudden, because we are in a very strong position, I haven't heard anything.

"That goes to prove that people want to be a part of success.

"My view is the same, I am pragmatic about it. I am not going to be drawn too much into these sorts of issues.

"But I think success on the pitch will indicate how we move forward, and it will either help us keep players here or recruit other players."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/premier-deals/story-20890065-detail/story.html#ixzz2xcure4CL

I think we need to use the full 25 man squad in the premier league as we currently have a very small squad but have been very lucky with injuries this season, we cant take that chance.

Current squad

GK - Schmeichal - keep if he will sign a new contract

GK - need a top quality back up keeper

GK - Logan - keep as 3rd choice keeper

DEF - De Laet - keep

DEF - Moore - keep

DEF - Morgan - Keep

DEF - Wasyl - Keep if he wants to stay or let him go back to Anderlecht if he wants too.

DEF - Miquel - sign him on a free and loan him out to a championship club

DEF - Konchesky - Sell if possible

DEF - St Ledger - release

DEF - Whitbread - release

DEF - Schlupp - keep as back up LB and sign a quality LB to compete with him

MID - Drinkwater - keep but can see big offers coming in for him in summer

MID - James - Keep

MID - King - Keep as backup

MID - Hammond - sell

MID - Danns - release

MID - Dyer - keep/sell

MID - Knockaert - keep

MID - Mahrez - Keep

MID - Gallacher - release if possible

ATT - Vardy - Keep

ATT - Nugent - Keep

ATT - Wood - Keep

ATT - GTF - release

ATT - Waggy - release

ATT - Phillips - release/coaching role maybe?

so I think we will need to sign:

1/2  keepers depending if Schmeichel stays or not.

a LB

a RB

1/2 CB depending on if we keep Wasyl

2 cenral midfilders

1/2 wingers depending on if we keep Dyer

2 Strikers

so I think we will need between 9 and 12 players to make up the 25 man squad and provide good enough cover for all positions.

Really don't get why people want another right-back.

De Laet & Moore is good enough. Yes Moore might want to play more at Centre Back, but he is very decent at Right Back, and in my opinion he is more than likely to get game time at right-back, than he would do at centre back if we get promoted. We have Morgan & Wasilewski, plus we could really do with some Premier League experience to partner Wes, and have Moore & Wasilewski on the bench. Any centre back from a team that could possibly be relegated would do fine, Olsson, Hangeland or O'Shea would all be decent signings, Caulker has been mentioned, but now I tend to agree he would cost quite a bit. 

For me, we need to get in a Premier League experienced Centre Back & Central Midfielder first, then maybe look for some talent abroad to fill any other positions. 

Really don't get why people want another right-back.

De Laet & Moore is good enough. Yes Moore might want to play more at Centre Back, but he is very decent at Right Back, and in my opinion he is more than likely to get game time at right-back, than he would do at centre back if we get promoted. We have Morgan & Wasilewski, plus we could really do with some Premier League experience to partner Wes, and have Moore & Wasilewski on the bench. Any centre back from a team that could possibly be relegated would do fine, Olsson, Hangeland or O'Shea would all be decent signings, Caulker has been mentioned, but now I tend to agree he would cost quite a bit. 

For me, we need to get in a Premier League experienced Centre Back & Central Midfielder first, then maybe look for some talent abroad to fill any other positions. 

Hang on... De Laet is good enough? Do you feel ok?

One good thing about doing so well and almost being there, is that it means the scouting network will already be looking at potential targets which could be very beneficial and give us an advantage over other promoted teams... I expect a couple of signings to be done quickly.

No better than what we already have to be honest. My pet fish could score 20 a season for Celtic too.

Watt_82_20130911153239.jpg Was just looking on Celtic site to see who they have registered and spotted this. He can't be so bad as to merit being called that, can he ?

Yasine Benzia, Abel Hernandez, Leon Goretzka and Kurt Zouma.

Edit: Oh, and Victor Ibarbo of course.

This basically is my fm2013 title winning team.

All jokes aside, La Joya (Hernandez) is probably not an awful shout.

Frequently linked to the.biggest clubs but never quite sealing a move,has had to drop down with Palermo this season as he couldn't force a dream move to a champs league side.

Tall, strong, fast, good feet. Got unlucky in his first few seasons in Sicily with a few knocks but he's been in the limelight since and scored in the confederations cup.

If Sunderland can attract Giaccerini and Southampton Osvaldo then why not?

dont think we really need to change much at all from the currently PLAYING squad. definetly need a few changes in the rotation/backup players though, but what we do need is a highly skilled goal scorer maybe even two, who tho ? i have no clue

I think that stability works for teams. These players have something to prove in the premier league. You may say that we've signed 7 players this season but only recently have Mahrez and Marcin been a regular in the squad with the core of the squad been made up from players from last season.

My point about Wenger is that he's the longest serving manager in the league and maybe we should listen to him in regards to signings. I believe that we just need that little bit of class rather than a massive overhaul. We'll have less games to play next year too which can only be a bonus.

Injury free season next year like this and I'll be over the moon with 12th and a decent cup run.

Here is who I would like to sign.

CB - Scott Caulker (if Cardiff go down)

RB - Kieran Trippier

CM - Lee Cattermole

CAM - Nick Powell (loan)

Winger - Zaha (loan)

Striker - Vossen

Cattermole is the worst shout in this thread. lol!!!!!

Watt_82_20130911153239.jpg Was just looking on Celtic site to see who they have registered and spotted this. He can't be so bad as to merit being called that, can he ?

I was at the barcelona game where he scored a quality taken finish to sink them, few months after scoring one of the biggest goals in celtics recent history, he's sent on loan! Typical leicester move lol

Archived