Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnaldo

Surprise?

Am I wrong in thinking that the trophy would have to be lifted in one particular direction? I mean, the podium was in the centre of the pitch, but they can't raise it in all directions at once right? Surely that's just physics and science and other factual shit like that isn't it?

Isn't it?

Am I wrong in thinking that the trophy would have to be lifted in one particular direction? I mean, the podium was in the centre of the pitch, but they can't raise it in all directions at once right? Surely that's just physics and science and other factual shit like that isn't it?

Isn't it?

The podium wasn't in the middle of the pitch, from the top of l1 you could see the back of the stage, and the back of the sky bet sign, not really a good view

The podium wasn't in the middle of the pitch, from the top of l1 you could see the back of the stage, and the back of the sky bet sign, not really a good view

didn't you get a great view of it when you invaded the pitch the first /second times!?

tbf it wasn't far off the centre.

Guest MattP

Though the club did a fairly good job yesterday.

Sam Bailey wasn't necessary and she sounded absolutely shite but the free beer, badge and finally a decent pitch invasion was a great way to round off a great season.

I'm not usually a huge fan of plastic flag waving but when virtually everyone joined in, in unison, it was a fantastic sight.

The third pitch invasion (the one where no players or families were mobbed then annoyed, quite rightly) was good spirited and proved people can behave themselves and just enjoy it.

didn't you get a great view of it when you invaded the pitch the first /second times!?

tbf it wasn't far off the centre.

Are you still crying about the pitch invasion, there was a reason that thread was shut.

I just to get it clear in your head, as stated on the other thread, after fighting cancer, I have been left disabled, and as much as I would have liked to invade the pitch, I am not able to.

This thread is about a surprise, and as much as the two songs sung at the end was nice, and the flags looked good, FOR ME it was an anti climax celebration, which was more for the benifit of the media and players, and where the stage was, the view was poor.

Isn't it?

You're right, the only way round it would be to hire a rotating stage, like a giant record player, just don't press 45 rpm or we'll have a depleted squad as they fly off the stage breaking bones and twisting tendons in the process.

Are you still crying about the pitch invasion, there was a reason that thread was shut.

I just to get it clear in your head, as stated on the other thread, after fighting cancer, I have been left disabled, and as much as I would have liked to invade the pitch, I am not able to.

This thread is about a surprise, and as much as the two songs sung at the end was nice, and the flags looked good, FOR ME it was an anti climax celebration, which was more for the benifit of the media and players, and where the stage was, the view was poor.

you survived cancer? thats fantastic, at least you were there!

Im bored of going round in circles BUT i just wanted to see the players parading around enjoying themselves WITH the fooking cup.

Cos of a few who think they have a god given right to join the players,the lap of honour was abandoned.

We will never know what,if anything the club would have done afterwards.

Im outta here...you invaders keep telling yourself it was the right thing to do....even though 30k think otherwise!!!!!

p.s if you go tomorrow for the parade..try not to invade the town hall!!!!

you survived cancer? thats fantastic, at least you were there!

Was there, but life is more important than football, being there with my family was a highlight, but was a bit of an anti climax, football wise for me.

Monsell ...well done for fighting and beating cancer.Its a horrible horrible disease.Hence more reason to surely enjoy as much of life without looking on negatives....

I'd like to ask what MORE could the club have done for the fans?

Cushioned seats on request? A limosuine to the gate? There are 30,000 fans, players, players' families, media, guests, workers, city officials and god knows what else involved in the whole charade of the trophy presentation and fall out. I wasn't there yesterday, working abroad, but it seems to me that they've made as good a fist of it as possible.

Bloody hell. Anyone would think we'd been relegated.

Monsell ...well done for fighting and beating cancer.Its a horrible horrible disease.Hence more reason to surely enjoy as much of life without looking on negatives....

I cherish every breath I take mate, and my thought and feelings about football are totally different, it's a passion I have had from being little.

I look back at years gone by at football, when it was an us game, players and fans, each equally passionate about the club, none of this planned stuff now adays.

I remember oxford game when we stayed up, running on the pitch, and the players jumping around the pitch with us, great memories, it's all very arrange nowadays, this will happen, and then the players will come out and you can clap them, to orchestrated, and more for the medias benifit, as in sky for me.

Maybe I should accept the old football mentality has gone and go with the flow a bit more, but I thought there might have been a bigger party for the fans.

My five year old met and had pics with Filbert, a woman outside the ground (Foxes Foundation) painted his face then gave him an LCFC blue and white face painter, I got a free beer (Well, 2 in fact) and we both got an LCFC metal badge and great flags at our seats

The owners / LCFC forked out for all of this stuff AND gave £45000 to the text Ellis campaign and gave us an amazing day out.

I, for one, wont forget looking around at that sea of blue flags and listening to 31000 Leicester fans singing "We are the champions"

My son is still absolutely buzzing after today.

On top of all this, they have given us what I think are damn fair ST prices.

What more do our owners and the club have to do (Which they don't have to when all is said and done) before people stop moaning? Jeez!

Well said my lad really enjoyed the day too I think the owners put on a great last game of the season triple celebration and before anyone moans triple celebration

End of season promotion to the premier league and being FOOKING champions !!

Being a Leicester fan lately is superb it's looking great for our club our owners are super generous ie Rich Pages son Ellis that was a superb gesture and whilst were at it well done Rich for cycling to all away games 🙌🙌ðŸ‘. The owners are going to keep us in the prem Pearson will buy well !!

But as for moaning about the celebrations that's ridiculous !!

Also people moaning about running onto the pitch how would you feel if you had your young family with you and hundreds of people came running after you no wonder Kasper took his exit with his young family swiftly put yourself in his and the other teamsters shoes !!

The fans were always going to get a chance to go on the pitch to celebrate but for far too any a premature invasion ruined it for the rest and for people to get injured is just not acceptable !! And as for the fans who changed where were you when we were crap well that was unfair as I for one go to most home games and only a couple of away games as it is not possible to get time off for every game and I wish I could but my job doesn't allow that flexibility I had a season ticket for 20years until a couple of years ago and find that sort of chanting insulting

But rant over !!

Well done Leicester city for the promotion and the championship title and look forward to visiting as many premiership games and cup games as I can next season !!

It's was nice touch by the club, free beer, free flag, Sam Bailey, extra pages in the programme and still charging the same price for it! A good day, maybe they could do some extra stuff outside of the ground aswell! 

I didn't mind sam bailey too much, but she could have atleast sung the right words. They were on the big screens fgs. Seemed to be singing her own made up version. Flags, beer and badge were a nice touch though

Archived