Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

I don't see many people that 'hate' Redknapp, just people that find it hilarious how he spewed the same bullshit as we've all heard before ("Need to bring in a bit more quality") and he's contributing to them making the same mistakes all over again. He's absolutely stealing a living. If he can get that group of players competing then fair enough but the way he conducted their business over the summer is absolutely classic.

The interesting thing is that a number of their signings were/are considered 'good signings'. Fer, Isla, Mutch, Caulker et al.. not many people were saying at the time that they were duffers. Ferdinand yes..fook knows why he is playing. This implies that either the aforementioned will click at some point OR Redknapp has lost the plot. And Hoddle too..

QPR's signings often don't look bad on paper though. I know of Spurs fans who were very disappointed to see Sandro leave and this is a club who are regularly in Europe.

It seems to me that they collect players with no real plan about them. They very rarely get the best out of anyone. They're the polar opposite to us in my opinion.

It is only five games but I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest that the criticism of QPR has been harsh on them.

The interesting thing is that a number of their signings were/are considered 'good signings'. Fer, Isla, Mutch, Caulker et al.. not many people were saying at the time that they were duffers. Ferdinand yes..fook knows why he is playing. This implies that either the aforementioned will click at some point OR Redknapp has lost the plot. And Hoddle too..

I thought some of them were but hadn't seen too much of most of them. I'm not sure how fans of our club form such opinions tbh. Do they watch Norwich and Fiorentina every week?

He's brought in a lot of players though and they don't look like a team at all. You have to point to his management for that, both for making the signings and his inability to get them working together and performing.

QPR's signings often don't look bad on paper though. I know of Spurs fans who were very disappointed to see Sandro leave and this is a club who are regularly in Europe.

It seems to me that they collect players with no real plan about them. They very rarely get the best out of anyone. They're the polar opposite to us in my opinion.

It is only five games but I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest that the criticism of QPR has been harsh on them.

Very true re Sandro. Many Spurs fans being very surprised he was sold. I agree. They look rubbish. But, like last season, when many dismissed them for promotion (coincided with Austin's injury), its merely five games in. My opinion is IF they click, they have some good players at the club. I'm no more dismissing them as I'm getting carried away at our performances. Why? Its simply too soon to do so..

mutch played a few good games last season. caulker got relegated and was captain (i think?) of the side that finished bottom of the league with the second worst defensive record, conceding 74 goals. don't exactly remember fer pulling up trees whilst also helping norwich get relegated. 

who'd have thought buying them all, putting them all straight in the team along with a few other big named overpaid not very good players would've lead to still having a not very good team?! not harry that's for sure!

i wouldn't take any of qpr's summer signings and put them in our first xi. most their squad would struggle to make out bench. 

Very true re Sandro. Many Spurs fans being very surprised he was sold. I agree. They look rubbish. But, like last season, when many dismissed them for promotion (coincided with Austin's injury), its merely five games in. My opinion is IF they click, they have some good players at the club. I'm no more dismissing them as I'm getting carried away at our performances. Why? Its simply too soon to do so..

I still think their promotion was pretty extraordinary. What happened happened, but they were not a better side than Derby last year. Freak result.

They have some good players but there are so few signs that they're going to click. I can't get my head around their team. It just seems like a messy collection of players, some very good, some over-rated, some past-it. The whole thing just doesn't fit to me.

QPR could well stay up (and if Redknapp manages to get the right blend on the pitch they should) but so far I've not been impressed, they look all over the place defensively and not particularly threatening going forward.

Derby would be a better all round outfit had they been promoted.

Redknapp isn't clear with his ideas or what he wants to do, it seemed like he wanted to play 352 because some teams played it at the World Cup rather than he thought it would suit his team.

On the contrary Pearson has signed players that fit in his system(s) and have the right attitude and mentality. We've gone behind in almost every game we've played and our spirit and determination has ensured that the only game we've lost was at the hands of the champions elect, that's arguably the biggest factor in our success. Redknapp on the other hand is supposedly a "great motivator" or a "great man manager" but the team spirit looks as if it's just as broken as it's ever been, the players don't look like they're willing to fight for each other.

The fact that money is the answer to all of Redknapp's problems should tell you everything you need to know about him, it's never his tactics or the countless players that he's signed or even the staff that he's brought in, they're "just lacking the bit of quality" i.e another player on disgusting wages.

Yet Sky Sports News follow him around like he's at a large club that are relevant, there shouldn't be a demand to here this dinosaur's views but there is, seemingly.

Archived