Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

Guest ttfn

Many were very impressed by how you were doing but thought QPR would start playing to their capabilities and overtake you. It didn't happen and fair play to Dyche for getting you promoted with that squad.

I don't remember people calling you shite.

Given that Burnley got 95 points or something, QPR would really have had to go some to overtake them.

I'll readily admit that I wrote them off after they won something like 4 in 13 and struggled against every competent side they came across in that spell before they went to Loftus a Road and got a 3-3 draw, but in the end they got promoted because they deserved it on their own merits, not because QPR didn't turn up.

Given that Burnley got 95 points or something, QPR would really have had to go some to overtake them.

I'll readily admit that I wrote them off after they won something like 4 in 13 and struggled against every competent side they came across in that spell before they went to Loftus a Road and got a 3-3 draw, but in the end they got promoted because they deserved it on their own merits, not because QPR didn't turn up.

This was around Christmas when all three teams were very close in the table and Burnley had a few draws mixed in with defeats.

As it was, Burnley strode ahead and QPR were never good enough after Christmas to challenge for the top two, Derby were the main contenders.

My only memory of Upson from our Premier League season was (a 4 years younger) David Nugent make him look very ordinary at the Turf.

Don't be a bitter prat because you've gone and signed Sordell and Jutkiewicz.

It became clear around October time Burnley were the real deal IMO. I thought they'd lose at home to QPR and they'd go back down into midtable but they won that game with little signs of stopping. If it was a bigger club doing what Burnley did not a single person would've wrote them off, especially after that result.

This BT sport advert is cringe worthy as ****.

Complete Liverpool wankfest with actual clips of Michael Owen's worst commentary of all time.

I almost forget that Man City won the title because the media spunk all over Liverpool that much

Cannot see Liverpool challenging for the title next season. I've no idea how they're supposed to maintain their level of performance without a player like Suarez. He is that good.

I've got a feeling Man City will have a dodgy year too.

Cannot see Liverpool challenging for the title next season. I've no idea how they're supposed to maintain their level of performance without a player like Suarez. He is that good.

I've got a feeling Man City will have a dodgy year too.

Arsenal could finally prove all doubters wrong. It's about time they come up with the goods again - the acquisition of Sanchez may prove to be the missing piece in the puzzle.

Arsenal could finally prove all doubters wrong. It's about time they come up with the goods again - the acquisition of Sanchez may prove to be the missing piece in the puzzle.

Still think they probably need a deep lying central midfielder. I know they've been linked with both Khedira and Schniderlin. And probably a back up centre back, or two, especially if Vermalen leaves.

Still think they probably need a deep lying central midfielder. I know they've been linked with both Khedira and Schniderlin. And probably a back up centre back, or two, especially if Vermalen leaves.

Khedira is going to Arsenal for £23 million. They are finally putting together the missing links.

Khedira is going to Arsenal for £23 million. They are finally putting together the missing links.

Still think they need a genuinely top class defender or two and another option up front.

Sanchez isn't a prolific goal scorer and Giroud blows hot and cold.

Should have thrown the kitchen sink at Benzema instead of Ozil last year, really, how many attacking midfielders does he need?

If Arsenal get Khedira, Debuchy, a steady, reliable forward and another solid centre back from here on in I can see them doing what Liverpool did this year, if they don't win the thing they'll be pushing hard.

Khedira especially would be exactly what they need in the middle, he joins and they've got the best midfield in the league by a stretch for me, so many options but they all seem to "fit".

Anyone but ****ing Chelsea.

Hot on the heels of the news about Rio Ferdinand being poised to joinQPR, Sky sources have also learned that the Loftus Road club have agreed a fee with Ajax to bring Iceland striker Kolbeinn Sigthorssonto the Premier League.

he could be a solid signing for them.

Guest MattP

Arsenal certainly look to be doing the business this year.

One or two players off being the best side imo.

Agree on Liverpool, huge BR fan but not convinced at all on hos simmer business.

I feel for the Mourinho factor last year. Thought they'd win the league. They're the best big game players in the league but how they managed to lose to the likes of Villa and Sunderland last year I'll never know.

I can see Diego Costa flopping as well.

I can see Man Utd being back up there.

Still think they need a genuinely top class defender or two and another option up front.

Sanchez isn't a prolific goal scorer and Giroud blows hot and cold.

Should have thrown the kitchen sink at Benzema instead of Ozil last year, really, how many attacking midfielders does he need?

19 goals and 10 assists in 34 league appearances is still an impressive tally.

Arsenal's problems last season stemmed mainly from injuries, so I can see why Wenger may be tempted to go overboard in certain positions, providing that strength in depth that they were sorely missing. Sánchez, Özil and Walcott is a frightening attacking midfield, with Rosický, Podolski, Ox and Cazorla all more than capable of stepping up to the plate if needs be. And that's without including Wilshere and Ramsey who can both provide an attacking option from deep. If they all manage to stay fit then that's a midfield capable of winning the title. Whether their defence is up to scratch remains to be seen.

Archived