Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Championship 2014/15

Fulham's thinking here is quite clearly - buy the league's best goalscorer, at whatever price. The bloke scored 30-odd for a Leeds side that was the absolute pits last season. If he can manage that for a useful Fulham team they'll be promoted and £11m goes back to being a drop in the ocean.

The fact that this move could entirely be funded by parachute payments is a complete disgrace.

Fulham's thinking here is quite clearly - buy the league's best goalscorer, at whatever price. The bloke scored 30-odd for a Leeds side that was the absolute pits last season. If he can manage that for a useful Fulham team they'll be promoted and £11m goes back to being a drop in the ocean.

The fact that this move could entirely be funded by parachute payments is a complete disgrace.

That's their mentality but it's short-sighted to say the least. No-one is telling me he's the best you can get for £11mil. Absolutely lazy, complacent signing.

Forest's ground is apparently being renamed the Kuwait City Ground? Surely that's got to be bullshit?

That's their mentality but it's short-sighted to say the least. No-one is telling me he's the best you can get for £11mil. Absolutely lazy, complacent signing.

Forest's ground is apparently being renamed the Kuwait City Ground? Surely that's got to be bullshit?

just had a nose on LTLF and alot of the forest fans are up for the idea. One of them even says you could be cool and txt your mates 'see you at the Q8 stadium' :crylaugh:

Must be, it's world famous as it is, why would they need sponsorship or rebranding when everyone in all corners of the globe know all about it?

Must be, it's world famous as it is, why would they need sponsorship or rebranding when everyone in all corners of the globe know all about it?

As bad as it does sound, 'Kuwait City Ground', if it brings in a lot of money then surely it can only be a good thing. When Anfield has been fully developed I expect that to have some daft American name at the start or end of Anfield, shameful I know but it's becoming this way.

Sponsorship's just for training tops! lol

That must lead to extra confusion - I can imagine plenty of people associating that name with the country of Kuweit. Marketing-wise, a somewhat stupenduous move.

they will be sponsoring player names soon.

Substitution being made from Leicester.

Replacing number 22 Jacamo's Gary Taylor Fletcher is Number 26 Brylcream's Riyad Mahrez

Don't they do a similar thing at Cov?

Like "This announcement was brought to you by Smith's Skips".

Boro agreed a deal to sign Enrique Garcia Martinez - Kike - from Real Murcia for over £3m. Huge price for a club like Boro not blessed with huge finances, especially when they still have positions to strengthen.

Anyone know anything about him? Apparently 2nd top scorer in Liga Adelante last season.

Bournemouth after Gradel.

No chance, he rejected us in January after the wages negotiation.

We've signed Tal Ben Haim on a free from Liege and Johann Berg Gudmundsson on a free from AZ, who's scored 3 for Iceland against Switzerland.

Boro agreed a deal to sign Enrique Garcia Martinez - Kike - from Real Murcia for over £3m. Huge price for a club like Boro not blessed with huge finances, especially when they still have positions to strengthen.

Anyone know anything about him? Apparently 2nd top scorer in Liga Adelante last season.

They've been due an expensive signing for a while to be honest. They were trying to sign Juanfran from Real Betis the other day, also after Jelle Vossen. I predict they'll be challenging for a top 2 - playoffs next season.

No chance, he rejected us in January after the wages negotiation.

We've signed Tal Ben Haim on a free from Liege and Johann Berg Gudmundsson on a free from AZ, who's scored 3 for Iceland against Switzerland.

Maybe Bournemouth can afford more than you?

Maybe Bournemouth can afford more than you?

No chance, if we can pay £2.4M for a player who's played in the Champs League then surely wages aren't a problem.

Archived