Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Best Signing

Who would you say is our best signing of the last 10 years? Ok it's not been the best decade quality wise but we've had the odd good player.

For me it's Drinkwater. He has so much potential and I feel we could sell him on for a lot more than we got him for.

Honourable mentions to Dyer, Knocky, Kasper and Nuge. Vardy is also looking like increasingly good business

As it stands, Matty James, vastly under rated

In 12 months time, Mahrez will look like the best bit of business.

for value for money, lloyd

and how old is kingy now, released by chelsea at what 14? now top scoring midfielder in clubs history, not to shabby, but not sure what year he joined.

Guest ttfn

Bringing in Knockaert has been massive in changing the way we play.

It may well have been a coincidence, but after many years defined by caution (resulting ultimately in relegation) and functional attacking (Pearson MK 1) his arrival sparked what has for the most part been a very positive, attack-minded mentality.

It's almost certainly the case that it's a philosophy that he embodies rather than inspires, but I think his signing was a real watershed for the club.

I would imagine - while not being the best signings - players like Kevin Phillips and Chris Powell will have brought a lot to the club off the pitch during their time here. Both on frees too making them even more shrewd bits of business.

I would say if we are looking at over the past 10 years, it's still a little early to say Drinkwater or James. Drinky has only been good this full season (remember him second half of last season?). Dyer and King have really been with us through most of it for the past 10 years, and had big impacts in taking us back up from league 1, helping to become a force in the championship and then promotion (more Dyer on that part).

Has to by Dyer for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would imagine - while not being the best signings - players like Kevin Phillips and Chris Powell will have brought a lot to the club off the pitch during their time here. Both on frees too making them even more shrewd bits of business.

Yes. This is what I refer to when I talk about Pearson's 'coy signings'. We've had four this season: Wasel, Phillips, Taylor-Fletcher and Hammond. They are big influences on the field, and especially off the field. Nigel himself said earlier in the season that these players have big characters in the dressing room, and personally I think that is just as key as on the field regardless of how many minutes the play.

Dyer - I remember when he scored the winner at Blackpool a few years ago and as I was walking away from the ground I noticed there was a used condom stuck to my shoulder. I still maintain to this day Lloyd plays wearing a jonny at all times and threw it into the crowd as a momento at the end of the game. Some players throw shirts or sweatbands but Lloyd lobs his rubbers in too. I've got it framed on my wall now. It's means the world to me

knocky. not seen anything like him in the 10 years. 

honourable mention for nuge on a free as one of the best bits of business too, to sign someone that good and obviously key to our side for free was nicely done.

Archived