Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Hodgson Out?

If we just get to grips with England being crap and dont expect us to do owt we will be ok!!

Put us with the likes of Poland,Greece,Portugal etc.... :thumbup:

He made the same sort of mistake all England managers do - favouring our overrated 'star', this time by swapping his position with a player who had been man of the match in his position the previous game. Danny Welbeck was in the side. He left our 3 best players on the bench. He made no substitutions at half time even though we were clearly gash.

Of course he should go, he's an idiot.

We had the players to progress. Hodgson was just too thick and too weak to pick our best team. He's almost entirely to blame.

Literally no point in sacking him. While we dont have a world class centre back, world class centre mid and world class striker these results will continue to happen.

Its sad seeing teams like Colombia and Chile playing well and qualifying with ease where we have flopped big time but we are going to have to get used to it for a long time to come in my opinion.

England "defend" and reach the QF at euro 2012 - Hodgson too boring! Hodgson out!

England attack and lose 2 games against decent opposition by the narrowest of margins - Hodgson out! He's tactically naive!

His attitude was right in the first game, we just did not have the quality to score the goals (Rooney, I'm looking at you) or create enough of them (That's what happens when you leave the in form creative players like Barkley, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Lallana on the bench).

He made the same mistakes that cost us against Italy with the players he left out, plus more with the switching of Rooney and Sterling, and in addition we came up against a much more energetic side than us, which is where the players are to blame.

Being attacking wasn't our downfall at all, quite the opposite really.

Keep him. We have no better options and I don't think many people would want the job with the team as it is at the moment. I seriously don't think Pearson would take the job if he was offered it tomorrow. It seems it's career over if you don't at least get to the semi's too for Englishmen who take the job. No chance we'll do that at the Euros with the current crop.

Think Roy went against his principles to keep people happy which hasn't worked. He could have set us up not to lose to Italy which would have given us a point. He's never really played the style of football he was trying to introduce. 

He made a massive mistake in not taking Ashley Cole - which you could also argue was a choice that appeased fans who've been waiting to see Baines in an England shirt - that worked well.

I keep seeing "his tactics were poor" and no development of that point.

He's obviously not the best manager but we've not got the best players, Suarez won Uruguay the game on his own - who has consistently done that for England over the last 4 years?

And here we go. Putting in Ashley 'the saviour Cole' will solve everything. Like Baines was the reason we've lost two games. Not Johnson who was much worse a full back (as he is usually) or the centre backs who were more at fault for the goals, or Gerrard who was to blame more for both goals, or Rooney who played like a pile of shite again, or Hodgson for leaving good midfielders on the bench.

Bet you want to bring back Terry too don't you?

You can tell who the idiots are when 'let's bring back Cole who's not been a regular all season and has never pulled up any trees at international level' is their answer.

http://www.football365.com/john-nicholson/9355342/England-Have-Failed-In-Every-Way...

This sums it up for me. We could change the manager but I doubt it will make much difference.

That last quote of that resonates with me 'England makes nihilists of us all'. I hate being one of those negative football fans who is always telling optimistic fans we are shite! I hate being right, I wish so much we could win things.

I think the turning point for me was the Ronaldinho free kick in 2002 which made us look like fools and playing against 10 for nearly 40 mins without success. I know Brazil went onto win and they were a good team but for me we didn't seem to have that fighting spirit.

Keep the manager, sack the manager who cares?

Hodgson has to go. 

As much as the players have been disappointing, the blame starts with him. 

Our defence is shit, the worst it has been in my lifetime and what does Roy the Boy do? Leaves our two best defenders at home. Cole and Terry. Terry may have said he is retired from international football but you bust a gut and try and talk him around, yeah he might of been a **** to Wayne Bridge but I couldn't care less who he is shagging if it means he plays for his country.

Gerrard and Henderson have come off the back of a fantastic season, they have been the best two English central midfielders in England but they played in a three, Gerrard protecting the back four, Henderson had a partner in closing the ball down and giving it simple. Roy plays them in a two, completely exposes them against top class opposition. 

Sterling and Rooney. Rooney is a striker, a good striker when played in the right position, one who has always scored goals. What does Roy do? Plays him left wing or behind the striker, that isn't his ****ing position! Sterling, Sterling took the Premier League by storm at the back end of the season, scoring goals, making goals and terrifying defences and the best defences in the League. Roy sees that, gives him the role v Italy, if I'm not mistaken, for the first time in history this country all seemed to agree that Sterling was the best player v Italy and the only one who gave the Italians any fear.. So in a must win game (a draw wouldn't of been so bad) what does Roy Hodgson do? Moves Sterling to the wing, restricting him and limiting his game, to then put another player out of position in Rooney. 

He wanted to play like Liverpool he said because of the players in the squad and side, well then play like Liverpool did and set up like Liverpool did. As much as I go on about the diamond, Liverpool effectively played a 3-5-2 through much of the season.. When we had the ball we set up like this, which freed Gerrard. 

Skrtel ---- Agger

Johnson ----------------- Gerrard ------------ Flanagan

Henderson -------- Allen

Sterling

Sturridge ------ Suarez

Gerrard dropped into the back line to recieve the ball, remember his positioning with the Chelsea slip? Gerrard did that so it split his centre halves, which pushed his full backs to wing backs, Baines is one of the best over lapping fullbacks around, a bit like Neville was for Man United, yet the current system under Roy restricted him from doing so. 

Common sense would tell me, if I had 5 club players for my international side, I would then play the system that they are most used to playing, surely? 

The man has to go, he isn't good enough to be England manager, he isn't coaching players, he is simply restricting them and holding back their development. Time for Gary Neville to come in and take over, completely restructure the England side from top to bottom. 

Hodgson needs to go, Gerrard needs to retire, Rooney needs playing in his actual position, Jagielka needs to go, Johnson needs killing, Joe Hart needs the captaincy and I need a bowl of coco pops, i'm hungover to ****. 

Having a team full of players who are likeable helps as well - I couldn't give two shiny shits about half of this team. Steven ****in Gerrard can do one, only plays well in Liverpool shirt. Joe Head and shoulders " we won't hold back" hart, easy said when your in goal mate. Players that talk the talk piss me right off!

I would usually include Rooney in the bracket of shite players but I was happy to see him score yesterday after being lambasted by the press. Really happy actually, for once he was trying, desperately trying.

All of this give lie to the idea of the FA trying to encourage England players in the Premier League. These players do not have the talent and mental attitudes to succeed at that level or internationally.

All of this give lie to the idea of the FA trying to encourage England players in the Premier League. These players do not have the talent and mental attitudes to succeed at that level or internationally.

Not succeed in the premier league, so Sturridge getting 21 goals and 7 assists isn't seen has succeeding now?

Oh yeah mate lol

The best thing about it is, they actually have lower stats than Portugal, who are four and a half, yet we're still 5.

England will always be five stars, it doesn't account for the fact that really we can't play together has a team so the rating is just based on the individual players...

And here we go. Putting in Ashley 'the saviour Cole' will solve everything. Like Baines was the reason we've lost two games. Not Johnson who was much worse a full back (as he is usually) or the centre backs who were more at fault for the goals, or Gerrard who was to blame more for both goals, or Rooney who played like a pile of shite again, or Hodgson for leaving good midfielders on the bench.

Bet you want to bring back Terry too don't you?

You can tell who the idiots are when 'let's bring back Cole who's not been a regular all season and has never pulled up any trees at international level' is their answer.

Cole and Terry go and we aren't bottom on 0 points surely even an idiot like you can see that. We've lost two games almost purely down to 4 defensive mistakes. Baines in the first game and jagielka last night the main culprits. So if we actually had a good left back and good centre half we'd have done better. That's just common sense.

It's all irrelevant mind because they're both retired so it's not like we can bring them back.

Cole and Terry go and we aren't bottom on 0 points surely even an idiot like you can see that. We've lost two games almost purely down to 4 defensive mistakes. Baines in the first game and jagielka last night the main culprits. So if we actually had a good left back and good centre half we'd have done better. That's just common sense.

It's all irrelevant mind because they're both retired so it's not like we can bring them back.

Indeed, Chelsea were rock solid with Cahill and Terry who have a great understanding, we should have done everything we could to get terry to play

Not succeed in the premier league, so Sturridge getting 21 goals and 7 assists isn't seen has succeeding now?

One swallow does not a Summer make. Let's be honest, the reason why there are fewer English players in the PL is because there is a premium for them which their talent and attitudes do not, by and large, justify that premium.

http://www.football365.com/john-nicholson/9355342/England-Have-Failed-In-Every-Way...

This sums it up for me. We could change the manager but I doubt it will make much difference.

Good points made in that article, but he queers his pitch by using and then incorrectly spelling the word "flatulant" at the start.

He's right.  There IS no magic solution.

Apart from adopting German citizenship.

Archived