Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Hodgson Out?

Wasn't convincing enough, like at this World Cup the team was very average at times.

England are average, there is nothing fine or good about them.

You talk utter shite, not even worth conversing with,

The group wasn't really that difficult though, compared to some others.

We would of been edging games, against the likes of Ukraine, Montenegro & Poland away in previous qualification campaigns.

Just an average team, with average players.

Manwell wants Hodgson out, and I'm sure it's not just because of this World Cup.

Reading is clearly not your strong point. Nor is football, you should stick to shit "banter"

Don't see the point in sacking. In all honesty he's done what most would do in that position. This is a much needed transitional period that will not happen over night.

I'm not totally against him going but I think that's just masking over much deeper problems. It's got to start right from grassroots all the way to how many English players premier league teams must field. It's going to take a very long time

I'm not sure what the answer is Tbh. I don't rate Hodgson, I just don't think he's up to it tactically. I understand the argument about continuity completely and to an extent I agree but I keep coming back to the question of progress made under Hodgson and IMHO we haven't really made any. Should you stick with a guy just because he's just the right side of adequate at that level?

I know he's a poor manager and talks a lot of sh*t, but I think Stuart Pearce got it right with his post-match comments. The successful Spanish side (2008-2012) was built through youth levels, they won U17, U19, U21 Championships so therefore knew how to win tournaments, similar is occurring with the current German side with 7/11 starters v Portugal playing in the 2009 UEFA U21 Championship Final against England, amazingly 0/11 England starters from that game started for England yesterday and James Milner is the only player from that squad who is in the current squad.

The clear and obvious issue is the mis-management of players in making the transition from age group level to senior level and most of the blame lies with the clubs. Take a look at Leicester for example. We've just signed a 35 year old and a 34 year old on for the new season to play at centre-back, while we have a very talented but raw 21 year old, English centre-back who in many fans eyes is 4th choice for the upcoming season. Why is he 4th choice? Because the short term goals of staying in the Premier League are more important than player development (which because of the nature of the game in this country, is the sensible thing). To develop into a future high-quality international, the likes of Moore need to be exposed to high quality Football and making mistakes without being shot down immediately.  

Wasn't convincing enough, like at this World Cup the team was very average at times.

England are average, there is nothing fine or good about them.

Why would we be convincing if we are an average team? Surely you wouldn't expect total domination from an average team?

No. He's take an omnishambles of a team that capello left and rebuilt from the ground up, he's slowly bringing together a team that will be competitive for years. The results haven't been great this tournament, but you've performed well for 89 minutes, but just switched off defensively a couple of times, and been punished for it. Twice you gave a striker half a yard from a cross, and twice they scored. Keep Roy, let him carry on the rebuild project to completion - don't ignore the performances, look at two results against good teams and rip the foundations out, because you'll end up stalling any progress (again).

Might be a great coach but such an underwhelming manager and tactically very cautious and just not that good.

We have the attacking players to have a go at teams yet against Uruaguay we were even less ambitious that against Italy, very disappointing.

I know he's a poor manager and talks a lot of sh*t, but I think Stuart Pearce got it right with his post-match comments. The successful Spanish side (2008-2012) was built through youth levels, they won U17, U19, U21 Championships so therefore knew how to win tournaments, similar is occurring with the current German side with 7/11 starters v Portugal playing in the 2009 UEFA U21 Championship Final against England, amazingly 0/11 England starters from that game started for England yesterday and James Milner is the only player from that squad who is in the current squad.

The clear and obvious issue is the mis-management of players in making the transition from age group level to senior level and most of the blame lies with the clubs. Take a look at Leicester for example. We've just signed a 35 year old and a 34 year old on for the new season to play at centre-back, while we have a very talented but raw 21 year old, English centre-back who in many fans eyes is 4th choice for the upcoming season. Why is he 4th choice? Because the short term goals of staying in the Premier League are more important than player development (which because of the nature of the game in this country, is the sensible thing). To develop into a future high-quality international, the likes of Moore need to be exposed to high quality Football and making mistakes without being shot down immediately.  

I'm sorry, but you and I, we have no clue how Pearson will set out with the squad.

What is sure though is that no way will Upson play week in, week out. In the end, I can but guess it'll depend on what opposition we'll be facing.

That means Moore will get enough exposure. Either as CB or as RB.

Also, we have many other young(er) English players in our squad with James, Drinkwater, Albrighton, Hamer and maybe still Vardy (depending on how far you stretch your age search criteria).

Some of them could potentially become England material. But I'm not going any further with that, as I'm diverting from the main topic. :D

You talk utter shite, not even worth conversing with,

Reading is clearly not your strong point.

Don't then, I ain't bothered. 

Well course it isn't, if you are going to post shit in the manner of Hodgson language. 

Whoever Kingfox is. He is on my moron list.

This an updated version of a victims list. 

Why would we be convincing if we are an average team? Surely you wouldn't expect total domination from an average team?

But in past times, we would of been beating teams like Poland & Montenegro away from home. 

Hodgson is poor tactically, the team has poor players, it's a bit of everything. 

We don't have a divine right to be world champions just like every nation, we are a good side but nothing exceptional and in this supposed year of low expectations we met them.

But in past times, we would of been beating teams like Poland & Montenegro away from home. 

Hodgson is poor tactically, the team has poor players, it's a bit of everything. 

lol

I can't believe you don't realize that other nations do evolve and are getting better over the years, hence making it harder for England Superpowerâ„¢ to get results.

The gap of class is narrowing - which is both down to the opposition catching up and England continuously letting it slide.

Don't buy all this 'it's not his fault, it's a shit group of players' bollocks. It's absolutely not a shit group of players. It's a pretty woeful back four but other than that theres some real talent there. There are less talented teams who have fared better because they are far more organised and have a clear strategy. Costa Rica for example have a pretty limited bunch of players but they know their roles and look tactically sound. I still feel Hodgsons tactics were muddled and that, above anything else, did for us.

No. He's take an omnishambles of a team that capello left and rebuilt from the ground up, he's slowly bringing together a team that will be competitive for years. The results haven't been great this tournament, but you've performed well for 89 minutes, but just switched off defensively a couple of times, and been punished for it. Twice you gave a striker half a yard from a cross, and twice they scored. Keep Roy, let him carry on the rebuild project to completion - don't ignore the performances, look at two results against good teams and rip the foundations out, because you'll end up stalling any progress (again).

Hot air..

I'm sure you could go back five years and read a similar thing, or ten, or fifteen.

The numbers of times I've heard or read over the years about how England are in some fictitious 'transition zone' or other such shite, is quite remarkable.

We are crashing out at the group phase for the first time in over 50yrs and STILL people blame it on 'rebuilding'.

I simply reckon we are shit and have been for a long long time.

I'd keep him. Purely because and I don't know if anybody agrees with me, but for a while it was all about the manager and all the fuss surrounding the job.

With Roy, he's humble and been able to integrate some loose cannons with ridiculous potential in Barkley and sterling for example and made them Into good international professionals with the correct attitude.

For me the issue lies with the press. Each detail is scrutinised to such a degree the team and management team are in a constant catch 22 situation.

2 disappointing results but I was off my seat for some of this new generation and can't wait to see them develop.

Yes.

Our worst ever World Cup.

What's the point in keeping him till the Euros which is half-way through a cycle?

Hodgson out.

Redknapp in.

lol Yeah. let's get the fourth best English manager in the Championship to manage the national team.

lol Yeah. let's get the fourth best English manager in the Championship to manage the national team.

You can laff all you like but he couldn't have done any worse than Woy.

Two things I think Redknapp would have done:

- persuaded Terry to come back and play

- taken Ashley Cole.

Both would have improved us.

IMO.

I don't think this is anytime to be defending Hodgson at the expense of any alternative. He (and the team) have fooked up good and proper.

Until we get back to playing the English way we won't improve, teams looked at Spain and thought let's copy the model for success and it doesn't work. That is Spain, that is their footballing identity, that's how they grow up playing.

We need to get back to playing fast, high tempo in defence and attack, aggressive football. Funnily enough that's how the South American teams are playing in this tournament and they are dominating. Colombia and Chile in particular.

Archived