Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Youngy shunned by BBC

Well I think it's pretty sad that he's gone. I loved his passion for the club! Alright, sometimes he might have made comments that were perhaps a bit one sided but that's because he's like us, a foxes supporter.

It's a shame that he's gone, is there no petition?

I also hope that he's not gone for any wrong reasons.

I'd just like to know why he was sacked in the first place. Very poorly handled by the BBC

How is it poorly handled? As you say, you don't know the reason behind it and why should you? If it's just that they didn't feel like he was that good it would be a bit harsh to come out and say it in public. Likewise if it was something unprofessional then again, don't air your dirty washing in public.

I wondered what happened with all that because Alan the week before was looking forward to it because he had questions ready to ask Nigel (who was on the show that night before the awards) and then at the start of the show a caller said hi Ian, Nigel and Alan, only for Ian to laugh and say Alan didnt get in.

Conspiracy

I remember that as well. It does seem a little strange that AY didn't attend those awards.

Will Stringer answer questions about this situation tonight? His favourite line (when it suits him) is that not allowing all views to be aired makes the show as censored as one in Iran. Let's see tonight if he still agrees with those words...

It could be North Korea actually (rather than Iran) I forget, but I've heard him say it on air more than once.

Disgusting behaviour to be honest, hes stuck by us and had to put up with Stringer for years and now we are in the prem, hes told hes not needed! Poor form BBC Leicester ... poor form ...

Was always the positive and level headed person we needed on the radio to counter Stringers mood swings.

Without trying to sound harsh, does anybody really give a shit?

Yes, as a post does not reach 9 pages without people giving a shit.

Disgusting behaviour to be honest, hes stuck by us and had to put up with Stringer for years and now we are in the prem, hes told hes not needed! Poor form BBC Leicester ... poor form ...

Was always the positive and level headed person we needed on the radio to counter Stringers mood swings.

A thread yes. I've got nothing against him at all I'm just surprised people actually care about this. I don't listen to many games on the radio though to be fair

:blink::blink::blink:

If there's one thing Alan Young is not, it's level headed! 'Positive' is a bit of a dubious description as well.

:blink::blink::blink:

If there's one thing Alan Young is not, it's level headed! 'Positive' is a bit of a dubious description as well.

You do know he said we'd go undefeated in our last 9(ish) games ... if thats not positive, i don't know what is!

I don't remember Alan Young ever flying off the handle. He is always looking at various perspectives after a defeat, he doesn't just join in with the callers after defeats and say "we're shit and its all going to go tits up from now".

Are you sure your not listening to Radio Nottingham?

Without trying to sound harsh, does anybody really give a shit?

I'm sick of corporate BS. Tell us the real reason why they sacked him and then the people can decide whether they agree with those reasons or not.

Alan says himself he doesn't mind if the real reason is told, but the BBC are hiding it behind a load of corporate mumbo jumbo. That's the annoying part of all this for me.

You do know he said we'd go undefeated in our last 9(ish) games ... if thats not positive, i don't know what is!

I don't remember Alan Young ever flying off the handle. He is always looking at various perspectives after a defeat, he doesn't just join in with the callers after defeats and say "we're shit and its all going to go tits up from now".

Are you sure your not listening to Radio Nottingham?

I listen to RL quite regularly. He can be positive but he also spends a lot of his time picking on certain players and the referee. For me he certainly isn't level headed

Archived