Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Youngy shunned by BBC

He was a bit like an annoying uncle who always got things slightly wrong, but you still loved him.

My favorite Yongy commentary was when we won in the last minute at Forest to get into the playoffs, and although stringer was commentating you could hear Youngy in the background screaming at the players and him errupting before stringer had even said we had scored.

exactly why we have lost a true #lcfc fan - a great loss and doubt very much we will get someone with his passion for the club - shame shame shame

I was watching the Pearson interview on FoxesPlayer and Stringer asked him about his new contract, he said "apologies on behalf of my colleague but congratulations on your new contract", Pearsons reply to that was "yeah I'm going to take one issue up with somebody shortly."

First I thought it may be Alan Nixon the journo who wrote in the Mirror that Pearson wanted a big increase in wages before he signs a new deal, Nige might have read that and it could've angered him, but could Alan Young have said something to upset the gaffer? Interview took place on Monday, Youngy sacked on Tuesday.

I was watching the Pearson interview on FoxesPlayer and Stringer asked him about his new contract, he said "apologies on behalf of my colleague but congratulations on your new contract", Pearsons reply to that was "yeah I'm going to take one issue up with somebody shortly."

First I thought it may be Alan Nixon the journo who wrote in the Mirror that Pearson wanted a big increase in wages before he signs a new deal, Nige might have read that and it could've angered him, but could Alan Young have said something to upset the gaffer? Interview took place on Monday, Youngy sacked on Tuesday.

He apologised on behalf of his colleagues because he said "last one" then went on to ask another. His "colleagues" were other members of the media waiting to ask Pearson questions.

Following on from Bert's reply and apologies for going slightly off topic, I don't understand the "last one" thing which Ian does because if there's an answer which needs a subsequent question, then it won't be the last one. Seems a bit of a pointless thing to say but Ian does it in most (if not all) of his interviews so it's obviously his thing and that's his prerogative of course.

Two seasons ago I would have said Ian says it as he can sense Nigel just wants to get the hell away but since the differences were settled and Nigel became more open and relaxed in interviews Iv'e no idea either why he says it. Like you said, It's probably just his thing.

No one will be listening to Radio Leicester next season anyway we will either be at the matches or watching it on some dodgy Thai stream

Dodgy Thai stream? Gone are those days. We'll be cherry picking from numerous sources.

It's between Al and RL and possibly LCFC; I don't know the reasons and it's none of my business anyway. I rang Al earlier for a chat and to wish him all the best and I'm sad a good friend has lost his job.

I too am sad to see him lose his job and wish him all the best for the future. I don't understand all the derogatory comments directed towards him on here. He was a decent player for our club. I was one of the fans who chaired him off the Filbert Street pitch after the epic FA Cup QF win vs Shrewsbury in 1982 in which he played most of the second half in goal. Will never forget that day.

For all the people who are saying that Youngy was crap at his job, i`m trying to think of anyone they have had on there before co-commentating, who was any better.

Matt Piper, Walshy, they`ve had a few and none of them were any good.

Someone mentioned getting Brian Little to do it, but i seem to remember him doing a game a few years back, i think it might have been the Micky Adams era, and he was boring as fvck.

It`s like when people have a go at Stringers commentary, no he isn`t exactly brilliant, and can be annoying, and cheesy as fvck at times, but compare him with previous commentators they`ve had on there, and i`d rather him than any of the previous lot.

Anyway, whatever the rights and wrongs, there is a bloke who has lost his job, his lively hood, and with his age, and him struggling to even walk without the aid of a stick, he is probably going to find it extremely difficult to find another job.

I sincerely hope it doesn`t push him into the same dark places he has been before.

Finally, I just wish some people would have a bit of compassion, rather than just stick the knife in to the bloke a bit deeper, before twisting it.

This .... but Smudge some poster will tell us to bring back Neville boring Foulger,and believe it or not ..actually think he was any good.

Following on from Bert's reply and apologies for going slightly off topic, I don't understand the "last one" thing which Ian does because if there's an answer which needs a subsequent question, then it won't be the last one. Seems a bit of a pointless thing to say but Ian does it in most (if not all) of his interviews so it's obviously his thing and that's his prerogative of course.

I think that Stringer has based his interview technique on Columbo lol

I agree it's a bit annoying though. The other night Nigel Pearson said that we don't do business like other clubs. It was crying out for the subsequent question "In what way?" but Stringer missed the moment unfortunately.

The reaction on Twitter is just lol lol I got unfollowed by an LCFC fan because I didn't tweet #BringBackAlanYoung. Sorry for not jumping on this false bandwagon because I don't know the full facts and why exactly it happened.

How do these people know he's not done something bad?

I didn't want him gone but I swear these people used to slag him off. Is it because it's pre-season and there's so little going on?

Wow, if only these people talking about demonstrations about a poxy (and very poor) commentator cared so much about the atmosphere and club itself. Imagine that.

#Getalife.

My sentiments exactly. Jesus Christ. Our priorities as a fanbase are hideous.

I too am sad to see him lose his job and wish him all the best for the future. I don't understand all the derogatory comments directed towards him on here. He was a decent player for our club. I was one of the fans who chaired him off the Filbert Street pitch after the epic FA Cup QF win vs Shrewsbury in 1982 in which he played most of the second half in goal. Will never forget that day.

it seems the ones who are slagging him are so young [get it] that they proberly never knew he played at leicester city. i wish him all the best for the future and no i am not jumping on the band wagon i remember his games at city

it seems the ones who are slagging him are so young [get it] that they proberly never knew he played at leicester city. i wish him all the best for the future and no i am not jumping on the band wagon i remember his games at city

Since Stringer called him "former Foxes striker Alan Young" about 10 times a game, I suspect you are wrong.

I think many people are more upset by the way Radio Leicester have handled this rather than the fact he has gone. No they don't need to put the reasons out in public but to say they are 'refreshing' the coverage is not true if there is another reason. Also the statements they have put out have been contradictory. We also need to wait to see who the replacement is before we know if they have made the right decision.

Well Ian's not Leicester and he keeps his job. Youngy certainly was (for a drunken Scot).

I hope the BBC take responsibility for the demise this will have in Youngy's life.

That's a shame. Something warming about him even if he does get things wrong.

Wonder who's going to replace him? Mike McCarthy?

As long as it isn't Jason Bourne every game. Dullsville!

No they don't need to put the reasons out in public but to say they are 'refreshing' the coverage is not true if there is another reason.

Let's face it, Alan gave them enough reasons through his complete bias to us and his frequent errors. All they had to do was to read this forum on occasions to see he split opinions.

Yes it's sad that someone has lost their job but let's be honest the only reason people liked him is because he came across as a fan e.g not qualified to do the job.

Well Ian's not Leicester and he keeps his job. Youngy certainly was (for a drunken Scot).

I hope the BBC take responsibility for the demise this will have in Youngy's life.

yes excellent point, businesses or institutions should NEVER sack anyone.

Anyone can play the ''I'm unstable, I need this job to keep me on the right track'' card.

I'm sorry, I might sound cold hearted, ruthless, lacking in compassion and it's very sad to see he is out of a job, I don't like to see anyone out of a job, but if he is no good at his job (Which imo, he wasn't very good put it that way) then people/businesses/corporation's can't carry people in this way.

Since Stringer called him "former Foxes striker Alan Young" about 10 times a game, I suspect you are wrong.

well alan young did not tell stringer to say that 10 times it is stringer who should have gone arse licking **** who saved is own neck

No one will be listening to Radio Leicester next season anyway we will either be at the matches or watching it on some dodgy Thai stream

I beg to differ.

I shall be listening whilst at the game. It's hilarious listening to Stringer describe what I can see. The best being, confusing who ever was at left back [before Schlupp/Konchesky] with Dyer. The fact that they were wearing City kit being the only similarity.

As for dodgy streams - if they've a foreign commentary I have that covered as well. Mute the sound and run a radio my pc with a delay. I posted a link for the delay software in the tv streams thread,.

Man what is even going on here? So many plastic Young fans coming out of the woodwork.

The reaction on Twitter is just lol lol I got unfollowed by an LCFC fan because I didn't tweet #BringBackAlanYoung. Sorry for not jumping on this false bandwagon because I don't know the full facts and why exactly it happened.

How do these people know he's not done something bad?

I didn't want him gone but I swear these people used to slag him off. Is it because it's pre-season and there's so little going on?

It's kind of pathetic. I've seen a bit on Twitter and a group on Facebook. I'm sure even Young himself wouldn't want all this. I question whether they even knew who he was prior to him joining RL.

I think many people are more upset by the way Radio Leicester have handled this rather than the fact he has gone. No they don't need to put the reasons out in public but to say they are 'refreshing' the coverage is not true if there is another reason. Also the statements they have put out have been contradictory. We also need to wait to see who the replacement is before we know if they have made the right decision.

Yeah beause they've only heard Alan Young's side of the story! It's so easy to manipulate stories when you've only heard one side! For the record I've only heard Young's side of the story, but it would be wrong to think there's nothing more to it than hearing the BBC's side! Only Young and the BBC know the reasons and I think that's how it'll stay.

People need to move. He was slated week in week out for being shit on air, getting names wrong etc. Now thousands have come out of the woodwork.

IMHO,

Sad never really had a problem with him or Stringer if i didn't want to listen to radio Leicester commentary i wouldn't. Beleive he has had his demons and hope they don't resurface, i don't drink but alcoholism is a terrible disease and i have seen it wreck and end lives. As for his lack of knowledge of the game is he not quite a highly qualified coach? Wish him well.

Archived