Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Chris Wood

why do you assume that something happened between Nige and Wood? Could it not just be that Wood was unfortunate to have 2 strikers ahead of him that scored alot of goals and formed a great partnership?

Because if a player isn't being played, there are only two possible reasons why:

1) The player has slept with Pearson's daughter

2) Pearson has had an argument with them and someone has been head-butted.

it is never anything to do with their ability or other players keeping them out of the team because of their performances.

Loan market will be open though.

In the Premier League deadline day is August 31st for permanent and loan transfers, up to 25 players can be registered, players who turn 21 after a certain date (January 1st?) don't have to be registered and are illegible to play league matches.

In the Championship and below the same rules apply except they have an additional loan window (September 1st-November some time) where clubs are free to loan players providing they have haven't used all 25 registrations.

It seems to me that everything has been left to the last minute, Could this be that Pearson is assuming we will be on the wrong end result wise for the first few games, and so is in no rush. Just a thought.

I think our squad is strong enough as it stands to compete. It's shown pre season.

I think Pearson has been unlucky with certain targets. Seems like someone at Leicester has a big mouth about everything we are doing and/or we have just been unlucky with agents all window. Because even random players we have looked at have been leaked!

No one will come in now and set the first few games alight. It's going to be tough regardless.

Fee is supposedly £2m which includes add-ons according to local sources. The delay on the move is down to you wanting to get a replacement in first. Deal was agreed last week apparently.

Other teams are interested as well but Uwe Rosler has told a northern journo that they have lost out on him to Wolves apparently, so the player must be keen on us and reuniting with Jackett.

I'm happy with that fee. Just talks with the player now then.

Fee is supposedly £2m which includes add-ons according to local sources. The delay on the move is down to you wanting to get a replacement in first. Deal was agreed last week apparently.

Other teams are interested as well but Use Rosler has told a Northern journo that they have lost out on him to Wolves apparently, so the player must be keen on us.

I'm happy with that fee. Just talks with the player now then.

Will be a great move for Wolves and Wood I think, will be interested to see who Pearson will be looking to bring in to replace him

i genuinely thought he'd be here for years banging em in in the prem after his first 2 or 3 months. couldn't do anything wrong. then last season just didn't fit in at all. shame. 

Good signing for Wolves. Was unplayable during the start of his spell but just hasn't seemed interested since we went on that awful run at the back end of 12/13. I don think he takes well to not being the main striker, or just doesnt get on with Nige

To get two million quid for a player who is not good enough for the prem is very good business. I think he will just be an average championship striker nothing special. He just seems to lack that one bit of skill that would make him stand out . Lets face it he's never going to be a Deeney or Mc Cormack but he is probably better than anything Wolves have got at the moment. So everyone is happy.

To get two million quid for a player who is not good enough for the prem is very good business. I think he will just be an average championship striker nothing special. He just seems to lack that one bit of skill that would make him stand out . Lets face it he's never going to be a Deeney or Mc Cormack but he is probably better than anything Wolves have got at the moment. So everyone is happy.

I think what he lacked was confidence... Being down the pecking order, as someone said before.. He needs to be the star man to get the best out of him. We have all seen glimpses of magic from him but it was rare... Probably because he wasn't getting the game time that even the best strikers need.

Archived