Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Season Cards/Tickets In The Post

Guest LCFC_World

Get down the ground and camp outside the turnstile until the 16th so you can be the first to use your card.

not these camping jokes again!

More than two weeks to go until the first game of the season. When you buy a ticket for a gig through Ticketmaster, they don't tell you to contact them until 2/3 days before the gig if your ticket hasn't arrived. Why does this have to be different?

They're sending out 20 odd thousand tickets, not every ticket is going to arrive at the same time.

Firstly it was the club that said we would have them by mid week and secondly as lot will go to the same address why send them one at a time?

I realise after more than 40 years of supporting them that the fault with anything that goes wrong is usually down to them. Every single time there is increased demand for anything the whole system goes into meltdown and cannot cope. The website and LCFC Direct is worse than useless and the phone lines pathetic. Even in times of low demand you are very lucky if you do not enter an automated queue to speak to them. I also know for a fact from someone who worked in the ticket office that the phone was often just left to ring with nobody to answer it whilst potential customers sat in an automated queue. Too many people look at the world through blue tinted specs and think that all that LCFC do it perfect, in fact it is the total opposite and if the playing side is operated like the commercial side is then we will relegated by August bank holiday weekend!

Nobody's saying the LCFC ticket office is operating in perfect ways. I can't recall a single Premier League or Championship club being able to sustain a high level of customer support to everyone on a daily basis. Also, part-timers are often employed for a minimum wage and the staff is in constant flux.

I concur that things can done better, but to shift the blame over to the ticket office and the staff is simplistic. And it's fatal to judge the system or the people overall based on individual experiences or reports. Some of it may be true, some of it may be fabricated and some of it is probably a mix of both.

Personally, I'm somewhat curious how you've managed to endure this for 40 years without ever speaking directly to the ticket office or depositing your suggestions for improvement via the supporters' club. The term "masochism" springs to mind. If you're not happy with the way things are going, be proactive and gather more support from other fans with the same issues instead of moaning afterwards and pointing the finger at your culprits, when in fact you're pointing four fingers towards yourself.

I realise after more than 40 years of supporting them that the fault with anything that goes wrong is usually down to them. Every single time there is increased demand for anything the whole system goes into meltdown and cannot cope. The website and LCFC Direct is worse than useless and the phone lines pathetic. Even in times of low demand you are very lucky if you do not enter an automated queue to speak to them. I also know for a fact from someone who worked in the ticket office that the phone was often just left to ring with nobody to answer it whilst potential customers sat in an automated queue. Too many people look at the world through blue tinted specs and think that all that LCFC do it perfect, in fact it is the total opposite and if the playing side is operated like the commercial side is then we will relegated by August bank holiday weekend!

Ever written a letter of complaint? Asked to speak with the head of the commercial arm, or tried to take it further? I guess not and you just like a good old moan on here. Your stance on the matter is a bit pathetic for a senior citizen.

I've not had either of mine, K block and surname beginning with S. Live in the county. Not particularly concerned about it as still quite a while to go, but would quite like to receive them now the club have stated they've been sent - wouldn't have been thinking about it otherwise!

4 out of 5 arrived today, postmarked 30 July, the Royal Mail are presumably staggering them.

Chelsea tickets came as well, 2nd priority ordered on line when in Italy. To be fair that is efficient, except lower Shed, row 5 by corner flag. Stil can't have everything.

Personally, I'm somewhat curious how you've managed to endure this for 40 years without ever speaking directly to the ticket office or depositing your suggestions for improvement via the supporters' club.

Maybe it is because that the older systems used relied on the individual going to the club with what ever details that had been requested, usally on a given date. It seems to me over the last 3 or 4 years that the service AND the approach of the ticket office has detoriated, yet the press releases claim that they are doing a wonderful job which may well be based on the criteria used which surely is not customer based.

Archived