Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

U21s / Development Squad 2014-15

The usual under 21's skipper Tom Hopper nominated for player of the month in league 1. Supposedly the front runner with 4 goals in 4 games for a struggling Scunthorpe side.

Ah see this is where you are wrong. Scunthorpe are no longer struggling (lost twice in 13 games under Mark Robins) and there has been a vast improvement in performance. They are also 2nd in the country for away form in the last 6 away games (having won their last two away games 4-1). Anyway, I only picked up on this 'cos I see them quite a lot as I live locally. The only live game I've seen Hopper play he was very isolated up front vs. MK Dons and didn't play well but picked up a nice finish from a defensive error. By all accounts was superb vs. Leyton Orient and Walsall away in the league. Also, the word from Scunthorpe's end is that Pearson and co. do rate Hopper very highly so we may see him come into the first team fold next year.

Pretty impressive to be fair, first time I've seen these and can see the potential. Centre backs and centre midfield look good, and ndwuku has clearly got something, excellent finish.

Also the right back is a unit.

Ndwuku and the right back are both under 16's

Who scored for Leicester?

I thought it was the u21s and wondered why Chilwell is the captain.

King and Ndwuku. Could have had 6, hit woodwork twice, missed 3 in 3 seconds, unbelievable. Having said that, Saints started like they were gonna murder us, then typical Saints faded, and were out of ideas after an hour.

Does anyone here actually know how Choudhury went in the U21 game against Man City? Definitely is rated highly considering he's 16 and he started in the U21 game against Man City. He only played the first half since he got subbed out before the 2nd half started.

I've only got the highlights, I take it there might be the full match on Foxestalk or something? Curious to know how he went against the more mature U21s of Man City.

I'm all for pearson, but for debate purposes only if nigel Adkins/tim sherwood are our manager next season if we get relegated, would do you think we'd see the likes of choudhury, chilwell, ndwuku, hopper, Lawrence and barmby in the team? Or are we simply overestimating their ability?

I'm all for pearson, but for debate purposes only if nigel Adkins/tim sherwood are our manager next season if we get relegated, would do you think we'd see the likes of choudhury, chilwell, ndwuku, hopper, Lawrence and barmby in the team? Or are we simply overestimating their ability?

The first 3 are the best prospects we've had in years, really hope we can get to the final of the youth cup would be a massive achievement for the club.

The likes of Barmby and Hopper should have decent careers at league 1/2 level, but can't see them making the grade here.

barmby and Lawrence were signed and have had good loan spells in the championship this season so can see them being in the squad next season.

Jacob Blyth is doing well in league 2 for top of the table.

Michael Cain is also doing well in league 1.

Hopper seems to be doing alright as well.

To be honest I think none of the under 21's will make it here. They'll probably all go league 1/2 and stay there. One or two may make championship level in the future. It's our under 18's we have high hopes for!

The problem is that there is no route into the first team squad for these lads when you have 3/4 experienced pros missing out on the squad each game. Look at Southampton's bench, United, Arsenal... All gamble with a couple of youth players on the bench, because they leave them room within their squad to progress.

Archived