Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

U21s / Development Squad 2014-15

First half very decent played some good stuff and kept the ball well but Benfica were woeful

Second half shocking as Benfica upped their game and we didn't have a kick for the vast majority of the half

Doubt any of those that played tonight ( except Hamer ) will be any where near the first team squad unless we have a spate of injuries

Some ran around a lot but struggle technically whilst others have loads of ability but simply don't show the level of commitment NP would be looking for

Beat Benfica 2-0 and still not satisfied but that's how I saw it

Agreed, big difference between the first and second half.

Thought Barmby looked good though, is he one that you think doesn't show the commitment that NP requires?

Barmby stand out Player for me, impressed with elder McCourt Lawrence too! Hamer made some decent saves too! Played some good stuff at times and was enjoyable to watch! Start putting them through to first team now

We can't just put all our reserves / kids into the first team in the hope it'll solve anything. I thought McCourt, Lawrence and Barmby played really well first half but I don't think throwing them into the matchday squads would suddenly provide a change in our fortunes.

Was Upson taken off purely because it was our intention to give him 45 or has he picked up another niggle?

Very impressed with Tom Hopper. He covered nearly every blade of grass out there. He takes the whole defending from the front mentality a bit too seriously. In fact, he finished the game playing at centre-half. Seriously though, immensely impressive performance. Interesting to note that he kept the captain's armband despite the return of Alie Sesay. He also got stuck in and wasn't afraid to run with the ball. 

Shout out to everybody's favourite Lithuanian international, Stankevičius, he dominated in the air. I'm sure he won every header he went up for. 

Very impressed with Tom Hopper. He covered nearly every blade of grass out there. He takes the whole defending from the front mentality a bit too seriously. In fact, he finished the game playing at centre-half. Seriously though, immensely impressive performance. Interesting to note that he kept the captain's armband despite the return of Alie Sesay. He also got stuck in and wasn't afraid to run with the ball.

Shout out to everybody's favourite Lithuanian international, Stankevičius, he dominated in the air. I'm sure he won every header he went up for.

Other than that, Stankevicius was shite.

Barmby was the main man tonight.

We can't just put all our reserves / kids into the first team in the hope it'll solve anything. I thought McCourt, Lawrence and Barmby played really well first half but I don't think throwing them into the matchday squads would suddenly provide a change in our fortunes.

Was Upson taken off purely because it was our intention to give him 45 or has he picked up another niggle?

I didn't mean all at once! Get one/two involved in the fa cup see how they get on! I also think Michael Cain is the one to watch for, impressed with him when I've seen him.

Agreed, big difference between the first and second half.

Thought Barmby looked good though, is he one that you think doesn't show the commitment that NP requires?

Correct - great going forward but as Knocky and Mahrez have found it's not enough for NP to only do it in one direction

Unlike previous years at least the lads are getting proper competitive football where hopefully they can learn from their mistakes and force there way into the first team.

Arguably the 16's and 18's are stronger than the 21's

They both play Chelsea on Sat Dec 6th in top of the table clash at home and with no game for the first team there should be a few down at Belvoir Drive

Development Squad midfielder Adam Dawson has re-joined Conference side Nuneaton Town on a one-month loan deal.

The 22-year-old wide man first headed to Liberty Way back in October, where a productive five-game spell saw him score twice. 

He joins two of his current City team-mates at Nuneaton – strikers Simonas Stankevicius and Marcel Barrington – both of whom joined the side on two-month loans. 

Dawson joined the Foxes at the start of the 2013/14 campaign and proved to be highly effective from the flanks as the team stormed to a sixth-placed finish in the league. 

The former Bury and Liverpool youngster will hope to be involved as second-bottom Nuneaton face Chester at home on Saturday.

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/dawson-in-nuneaton-loan-2108904.aspx#aZX0hzG4gEBgKdUt.99

• 2 weeks later...

Archived