Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 2-2 Everton post match thread

I didn't think there was a fan-base more deluded than Forest but looks like I was wrong.

the sad thing is most the day to day normal ones are proper sound. bitter as shit when it comes to liverpool as you'd expect but a decent bunch. the pre match and now post match threads on their board and ours make them look like such nobbers it's unbelievable though. shame really.

your ****ing fans are getting knocked out chief, worst fans in the prem, celebrating like you'd won the league there. im off. 

Strange how we'd celebrate a point against a top 7 side on our first match back in the premiership in 10 years

Weird how that works

Hello

I was at the match today and was disgusted in your fans to be honest, i was in the away end and after your first goal some ****ing knob out of your end threw something at a girl in the away end right in front of me and after the game we confronted the 'crazy' end of your fans and they didn't say a thing (walked off) ****ing faggots, can't wait for goodison efc vs leicester fags.

Must be dark always being in Liverpool's shadow mate.

Hello 

I was at the match today and was disgusted in your fans to be honest, i was in the away end and after your first goal some ****ing knob out of your end threw something at a girl in the away end right in front of me and after the game we confronted the 'crazy' end of your fans and they didn't say a thing (walked off) ****ing faggots,  can't wait for goodison efc vs leicester fags.

Your moaning that our supporters had the insight and maturity to walk away ... Jog on child. You wanna take the sport back 20 years? Ya moronic Neanderthal it's people like you who need their passports removing. You appear to be very irascible and tetchy already, however I'm aware this response is not monosyllabic so if you need the words breaking down for you please feel free to ask ..... We are a friendly and mature bunch.

Hello

I was at the match today and was disgusted in your fans to be honest, i was in the away end and after your first goal some ****ing knob out of your end threw something at a girl in the away end right in front of me and after the game we confronted the 'crazy' end of your fans and they didn't say a thing (walked off) ****ing faggots, can't wait for goodison efc vs leicester fags.

lol lol

Hello

Fvcking hell, we may be in a better class of league footballing wise, shame the same can't be said for the fan base. Fvck off you bitter cvnt. Pathetic doesn't even begin to cover it.

As for the game?

Plus points: Alot of fight we don't know when we are beat, Ulloa scored, Wood scored, ok football at times, Morgan and Moore looked very good, King was decent

Minus points: De Laet had a mare due to not enough cover and we got absolutely batted down that side in the first half, Drinky injured

Overall i'm happy with the point, i am abit concerned with our depth in the squad as even after one game it shows we lack at least 3 more players... I just hope these injuries don't turn out to be long term ones because you would have betted on James, Drinky, Vardy and Albrighton all starting or definitely James, Drinky and Vardy so that's already 3/4 possible key members already missing, like i said i just hope it's not for long

Biggest negative for me was Pearson not leaving one man up for their corners... It cost us their first goal. The ball was cleared really well and Baines had all the time in the world to get the ball back in and they scored.

It happened again a few corners later, we headed it away really well and it came back in (no challenger near the half way line or even anywhere just outside the box with the clearance). That should have been 2-0 down and game over. Everton left a man up for our corners and they were the away side. An extremely basic tactical mistake from Pearson there telling everyone to go back and defend - no fault of the players.

Da Laet gave the ball away a lot more than he normally does in dangerous positions and scuffed a couple of clearances etc. Perhaps due to being terrorised by Peen-r and Baines all match.

Negatives out the way - Konchesky had a very good game for him today, Morgan was excellent and Moore was a more than capable 'apprentice' in that partnership.

King had an unexpected opportunity to play and took it. Thought he played really well and gets my MOTM jointly with Morgan.

Ulloa and Wood off the mark which is excellent, I don't think you would have known which big man was £8m and which ~£28m watching that game as neutrals.

Jeff also made an instant impact with his lightning pace - shame about his finish but the adrenalin in his veins would have been still extremely strong seeing as he had only been on the pitch about 30 seconds in his first ever Premier League match before getting himself into a ridiculously good position.

Knocky had a poor game - I think he's still carrying his injury/fitness levels are low.

A well deserved point... Agree with Alan Shearer on MOTD for a change!

Oh and the referee was abysmal...

Roll on Chelski! we need to sign a few players this week, don't care if its Cambiasso or whatever, we need more personnel in general they don't need to be world beaters! Squad depth of a shallow paddling pool at the moment.

Da Laet gave the ball away a lot more than he normally does in dangerous positions and scuffed a couple of clearances etc. Perhaps due to being terrorised by Peen-r and Baines all match.

Negatives out the way - Konchesky had a very good game for him today, Morgan was excellent and Moore was a more than capable 'apprentice' in that partnership.

King had an unexpected opportunity to play and took it. Thought he played really well and gets my MOTM jointly with Morgan.

Ulloa and Wood off the mark which is excellent, I don't think you would have known which big man was £8m and which ~£28m watching that game as neutrals.

Jeff also made an instant impact with his lightning pace - shame about his finish but the adrenalin in his veins would have been still extremely strong seeing as he had only been on the pitch about 30 seconds in his first ever Premier League match before getting himself into a ridiculously good position.

Knocky had a poor game - I think he's still carrying his injury/fitness levels are low.

Oh and the referee was abysmal...

Roll on Chelski! we need to sign a few players this week, don't care if its Cambiasso or whatever, we need more personnel in general they don't need to be world beaters! Squad depth of a shallow paddling pool at the moment.

Couldn't agree anymore with what you say here! :thumbup:

Outside the ground after the game I have never heard such sour grapes from a delusional arrogant set of fans.

Scousers have vile anyway but hearing their disgusting accent say things like "all three who came up are going down, especially these lot cos their shit" and "I'm gutted cos they were ****ing wank" was almost amusing.

One thing I've quickly come to realise about this league is how the "big" sides believe they can turn up and walk over sides like us which is suprising given the nature of this league.

Everton got a shock today. A shock that many who underestimate us will get. Lukaku at 28m looks laughable at that rate. To be in the pocket of an 800k centre back must hurt the scouse bastards.

Please can we now sign a Left Back, Give schlupp his chance on the wing... Sign another Centre half. then kick on.

Not that i think having more cover is a good thing, but Konchesky had a great game yesterday.  Frankly he looked like the guy that Liverpool went after.  He did nother wrong at all and looked like he added a step in pace.  Also having Jeff as his cover and frankly cover for left wing is great.  I thought Schlupp did a great job both attack and defence when he came on.

Not that i think having more cover is a good thing, but Konchesky had a great game yesterday. Frankly he looked like the guy that Liverpool went after. He did nother wrong at all and looked like he added a step in pace. Also having Jeff as his cover and frankly cover for left wing is great. I thought Schlupp did a great job both attack and defence when he came on.

Agree with this. Konch gets a hard time from our fans but those who actually watch his defensive display rather than remember one of his misplaced passes (which everyone was guilty of) will realise he is far from past it and his experience will prove invaluable this season

Outside the ground after the game I have never heard such sour grapes from a delusional arrogant set of fans.

Scousers have vile anyway but hearing their disgusting accent say things like "all three who came up are going down, especially these lot cos their shit" and "I'm gutted cos they were ****ing wank" was almost amusing.

One thing I've quickly come to realise about this league is how the "big" sides believe they can turn up and walk over sides like us which is suprising given the nature of this league.

Everton got a shock today. A shock that many who underestimate us will get. Lukaku at 28m looks laughable at that rate. To be in the pocket of an 800k centre back must hurt the scouse bastards.

Sounds no different from the reactions of our fans over the past couple of seasons in the championship at the likes of Barnsley etc.

Now the shoe is on the other foot our fans have no right to complain to be honest.

your ****ing fans are getting knocked out chief, worst fans in the prem, celebrating like you'd won the league there. im off. 

It's all gone a bit stone island in here.

Pearson has admitted he will add "1 or 2" more players before the end of the window.

EDIT:

Cambiasso still on the cards, and "We need more scoring options"

So a CM and a striker

Frankly i would not be surprised to see up to 4 new players before it is all said and done.

The main positive from today is that we didn't really 'play' like we can, but still got a point and caused them no end of problems.

King - Where did that come from? Gone from being the 3rd best center mid in the club to being the best on the pitch from either side.

Hammond - stepped up big time. looks lean aswell.

mahrez - came into it second half, tore baines and barry a new one multiple times, clearly he will step up.

Morgan - Who said he wouldn't make the step up? Yes lukaku was clearly at about 10%, but wes and moore had no issues with anything.

Ulloa - Did to jagielka and Distin what he did to Was and Wes last season, seriously impressive performance against arguably the most experienced center half partnership in the league?

Wood - Came on and played like he did against fulham last year.

The most impressive thing was the attitude. With us only playing once a week we have plenty of time for rest between games, allowing us to be even more aggressive in our pressing game than last season.

I think we're all in agreement Barry is lucky. I was just stating what I thought would have happened had he not been booked before. 

I also don't like when people say reds/yellows can't be shown that early on in the game. If the offence requires that kind of punishment, then so be it. Time of the offence shouldn't come in to it.

It's another one of these bizarre myths that a lot of fans trot out. Like Brazil v Holland in the third place play-off, Thiago Silva hacks Robben down in the box after about 2 minutes when he's clean through - "good on the ref for not ruining the game by sending him off" :blink: so it's the refs fault if he sends him off and not Thiago Silva who caused the red card offence?

Even worse is that he didn't even send him off.

I forgot rules only apply at certain times in a game.

Archived