Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

Hope we play five in midfield. Nugent playing behind Ulloa doesn't count as five in midfield.

Kasper

Rdl. Moore. Morgan. Konchesky ( how have we not signed a lb)

King. Hammond

Mahrez Knocky. Albrighton

Ulloa

If we play 442 like Burnley we will lose 3-0 or worsen

Droghba got a few mins at the end so be would be my bet for Saturday rather than costa or Torres. I know he is a bi centre forward but he knows his way around the PL compare to costa and clearly Jose loves him. I'd rather he played against us than Torres !

Say that to his face.

1075307_Leicester_City.jpg

I'd go with that because we'll be defending very deeply so we need as much pace as we can to break with, Ulloa to be the outlet to feed Vardy and Schlupp.

Kasper

RDL - Morgan - Moore - Konchesky

Mahrez - Hammond - King - Schlupp

Knockaert

Ulloa

Think that would be our best shot at success, hopefully Schlupp could offer a little bit more support for Konch than Knockaert would. Knockaert's better drifting around from there than on the wing IMO, and we might be able to get a little bit of luck from Jeff, Knocky and Riyad putting crosses onto Ulloa's head. Don't think we need to be too concerned about this match really, if we get anything at all we've done brilliantly.

We'll almost certainly lose but that's ok. What you're looking for is the basics to be in place. I want us to lose because Chelsea ooze quality, not because we gave the ball away, not because we failed to track runners, not because we weren't fit enough. I think we need pace in the side so if Vardy is fit I would play him, even if it means playing him wide.

Schmeichel

de Laet Morgan Moore Schlupp

King Hammond

Vardy Nugent Mahrez

Ulloa

Quite possibly that.

Get Mahrez, Nugent and Vardy running for Ulloa to play into.

Try to relish getting beaten by Chelsea, not Millwall.

How can you want us to lose?

Guest MattP

We'll almost certainly lose but that's ok. What you're looking for is the basics to be in place. I want us to lose because Chelsea ooze quality, not because we gave the ball away, not because we failed to track runners, not because we weren't fit enough. I think we need pace in the side so if Vardy is fit I would play him, even if it means playing him wide.

Schmeichel

de Laet Morgan Moore Schlupp

King Hammond

Vardy Nugent Mahrez

Ulloa

Quite possibly that.

Get Mahrez, Nugent and Vardy running for Ulloa to play into.

Try to relish getting beaten by Chelsea, not Millwall.

Thank god you aren't the manager, that side would get absolutely taken to pieces. Did you not see how bad De Laet struggled with a bit of cover on Saturday at home to Everton? And you want to give him no cover at all away at Chelsea?! And drop a solid defensive full back for a one who gets torn to bits by every decent winger he has faced against Schurrle and Hazard?

Team picks itself for me...

Schmeichel

De Laet

Moore

Morgan

Konch

Mahrez

Hammond

King

Albrighton

Nugent

Ulloa

1075334_Leicester_City.jpg

I think Mahrez should be introduced in the second half once Vardy has worn them out a bit.

Nuge will play like a CM really.

Hammond and King will have to sit and attempt to stop Fabregas playing.

Would play Fanni at RB and RDL ahead of him if he signs to double up the right wing where Chelsea looked awesome tonight.

Ulloa to try and hold it up.

Wes and Liam to attempt to shackle Costa.

Vardy on the wing is a No, No. Has to play up top.

I think that his work rate is desperately needed but we can't afford to put two up top and he can't play that lone role as well as Ulloa.

I agree it's not his best position. But i'd rather an out of position Vardy than no Vardy.

Archived