Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

We aren't good at trying to play defensive, but we need to learn otherwise games like this will be very tough. Failing that, let's have a right go at them. Get Vardy and Albrighton in for Drinkwater and Knockaert and drop Nuge in behind. King can run things centrally on his own!!

i honestly wouldn't mind just going for it. with a few injuries, their first home game of the season etc i honestly think whatever our game plan we'll end up losing, i'd prefer us to lose 5-2 or something but give it a go and get vardy running wherever he wants than to have 9 men behind the ball only to concede to a john terry diving header from a corner that shouldn't have been given in injury time or something. 

i honestly wouldn't mind just going for it. with a few injuries, their first home game of the season etc i honestly think whatever our game plan we'll end up losing, i'd prefer us to lose 5-2 or something but give it a go and get vardy running wherever he wants than to have 9 men behind the ball only to concede to a john terry diving header from a corner that shouldn't have been given in injury time or something.

I like your style, how about a halfway house, keep it tight first half get to grips with the game and quality of opposition then second half unleash the Kraken and just go on the attack.

Cambiasso will not be ready even if he does sign, he's been without a club since June so won't be anywhere near game fit.

I suppose he's still maintained a personal fitness plan in order to be ready when called upon.

But I do agree that even if we announce the signing of him and/or Fanni this week, he/they won't be making the starting eleven or even the bench for Chelsea away.

Do you think Jose will want to play costa against wes? I'd be surprised if they aren't playing Torres and looking to be very mobile upfront with no central target man. We have a physically strong back 2 and why would they play to our strength? Torres got a hat trick last time we were there.

Whilst I once again think we're going to lose there are reasons to perhaps go into the game without righting off our chances complete. Chelsea's strength last season was taking points of their title rivals consistantly they dropped to many points against sides like ourselves including 3 or 4 bad results at the Bridge.

The obvious thing to do is pack the midfield and just play Ulloa up front on his own to hold the ball up. With the shortage of midfielders I'd be tempted to play Was or Moore just in front of the back 4.

I can't see much to be optimistic about their team for Burnley:

Chelsea XI: Courtois, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Fabregas, Matic, Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard, Costa.

I'm hoping Costa goes down the Torres route of how to ruin your career at Chelsea, especially after his shocking dive against the Dutch in the World Cup.

Azpilicueta is probably the weak link defensively but is quick, Terry and Cahill could be undone by pace but are a world class pairing and I rate Ivanovic very highly.

They have so much quality in midfield, the only plus is that Cesc and Matic haven't played much together. But they are both quality players.

The thought of Schurrle Oscar and Hazard up against King and Hammond is terrifying though.

The obvious thing to do is pack the midfield and just play Ulloa up front on his own to hold the ball up. With the shortage of midfielders I'd be tempted to play Was or Moore just in front of the back 4.

I did think about that but they are unfamiliar to that role I think it is better to have players focussing on playing their best rather than having to worry about playing out of position.

Key area for me (as mentioned by others) is the midfield. Fill it and stop the supply. Given we only have 2 recognised CM's I'd be tempted to put Was in holding with Hammond. Was can drop in to a back 5 when backs right up to the wall. Play the counter so pace is needed in our attack. Therefore I would at this:

Kasper

RDL - Moore - Morgan - Konch

- - - Was - - - Hammond - - -

- - - - - - King - - - - - -

Albrighton Vardy Mahrez

But I doubt this will happen... And besides will trust what Nige does

If we had Cambiasso then the perfect team would be 

Schmeichel

RDL       Moore          Morgan       Schlupp

Cambiasso 

Albrighton    Hammond     King    Mahrez

Ulloa