Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

Think we're going to have to go and try and keep this tight. Obviously the limited availability of players is an issue.

(5-1-3-1)

Kasper

RDL Moore Was Morgan Konch

Hammond

Albrighton King Mahrez

Ulloa

Subs: Hamer, Knockaert, Schlupp, Vardy, Nugent, Wood, GTF

Urgh that bench looks poor for defensive cover. Whenever I do these I feel we're severely lacking depth.

I'd argue Nuge has better work rate and would chase down defenders more than Knockaert, he's also much better on the break as he's less selfish.

Having said all that though, I'd start Vardy if fit.

Not knocking Nuge, but it I think it would be easier for Knocky to drop into midfield and I think he is better at tackling than Nuge, he also has the "je ne sais pas" that can unlock a defence and create something from nothing.

We're still riding on a high from last year and against Everton it showed that we don't know when we are beat attitude. Chelsea are going to be bloody tough and it'll be up there with one of the toughest away days this season. I think we will score and also think we will be competitive but unfortunately their class will show through in the end.

3-1 Chelsea

Put Schlupp on left instead of Mahrez to give more defensive cover. If Albrighton isn't fit put Mahrez there instead of him.

Nuge in the hole behind the striker working his socks off and closing their midfield down. Fabregas especially.

Ulloa up top on his own being a nuisance. If Vardy is fit perhaps put him there instead or bring him on later.

Moore instead of Was because he seemed to do a good job against Lukaku.

I expect a loss, just hope we don't get thrashed.

1074780_Leicester_City.jpg

Think we're going to have to go and try and keep this tight. Obviously the limited availability of players is an issue.

(5-1-3-1)

Kasper

RDL Moore Was Morgan Konch

Hammond

Albrighton King Mahrez

Ulloa

Subs: Hamer, Knockaert, Schlupp, Vardy, Nugent, Wood, GTF

Urgh that bench looks poor for defensive cover. Whenever I do these I feel we're severely lacking depth.

5 at the back is completely redundant against Chelsea as they will almost certainly play one up front we need to stop Chelsea dominating the midfield and track the runners, rather than sitting back and letting them run at Was and Morgan where the likes of Cesc, Oscar and Schurrle will be too much for Wes and Was.

Might be good to put Wasyl against Costa. Costa will probably get sent off retaliating after Wasyl secretly elbows him in the face.

or start crying and diving and moaning and get wasyl sent off. 

also not sure why people are wanting knockers dropped so we have more defensive cover. i can't remember many wingers fulfilling their defensive duties as well as our tone did last season. pretty sure he wasn't fully fit and got way too excited about being in the premier league when we played everton, a quiet word from nige saying play your normal game son, don't try too much and another week of training to get over that injury and he'll be excellent once more. 

As we saw on Sat playing defensively against the big teams pays off but we need an accurate and decisive counter attack.

I really hope Vardy and Albrighton are fit and would start both removing  Nuge or Ulloa for Vardy

Albrighton for Knocky is a no brainer - we just cant afford to give the ball away like he does

Subs to be used : Schlupp down the left wing defo (just dont let him shoot), Nuge/Ulloa depending who starts, 

Kasper

RDL Moore Wes Konch

Albrighton King Hammond Mahrez

Vardy Nuge/Ulloa

We can play 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1

or 4-2-3-1 if Albrighton and Mahrez push up alongside Vardy leaving Ulloa/Nuge up front

whatever we do the our counter has to work

I can understand wanting to put Schlupp on ahead of Knockaert for defensive cover but I can't understand not playing Mahrez after what we saw against Everton. Mahrez plays a brilliant match and there's multiple suggesting we set him aside for a player who hasn't showed himself to be more effective than him in our squad. If we're starting Albrighton over anybody I'd start him over Knockaert after the mare of a match he's just had and then sub Schlupp in for him later either to add defensively or to threaten with his pace along with Vardy, but again I'm not really sure why we're going to neutralise the extra attacking strength we'd have with Mahrez and the defensive strength and pace of Schlupp to play Albrighton instead just because he's fit

At this rate I'd be tempted to play 5 across the back.

Going in with Hammond & King in central midfield could prove disastrous, yes they did brilliantly well against Everton, but this is a new game against the favourites for the title, on their home patch.

Hopefully it won't be 7-0. 

Not knocking Nuge, but it I think it would be easier for Knocky to drop into midfield and I think he is better at tackling than Nuge, he also has the "je ne sais pas" that can unlock a defence and create something from nothing.

Sorry but so many insisting on Knocky, his "je ne sais pas" is too often

"I dont know what" to do with the ball or "I dont know what" I did with the ball

I think we have to bench him for the top teams maybe use as a late sub, dont get me wrong love his passion but we cannot afford to lose the ball or break down good chances like he did yet again against Everton

I can understand wanting to put Schlupp on ahead of Knockaert for defensive cover but I can't understand not playing Mahrez after what we saw against Everton. Mahrez plays a brilliant match and there's multiple suggesting we set him aside for a player who hasn't showed himself to be more effective than him in our squad. 

Mahrez has to be a starter whatever the formation - class - reliable - skin the pants off anyone !

I'd be tempted to go 

Kasper

Wasyl

Morgan

Moore

De Laet

Konchesky/Schlupp

King 

Hammond

Albrighton

Nugent

Ulloa

I have no idea what we'll do but if we get a point it will be a miracle. Arguably the best team in the league, in their first home game where they are traditionally very strong, without Drinkwater and James.

Anything below 4 will be a decent enough result for me. You could say it's not the end of the world we have so many injuries at the moment as these are not the games we need to pick up points in. 

Didn't see the WC match but wasn't Mahrez on Hazard in the ALG v BELG game? Did he do well? If so I may change my initial choice and put him in instead of Schlupp. Obviously he's quality but I just thought Schlupp might be more of a help to Konch when they've got Azpiliqueta and Schurlle (?) going down that side.

I'd be tempted to go 

Kasper

Wasyl

Morgan

Moore

De Laet

Konchesky/Schlupp

King 

Hammond

Albrighton

Nugent

Ulloa

I have no idea what we'll do but if we get a point it will be a miracle. Arguably the best team in the league, in their first home game where they are traditionally very strong, without Drinkwater and James.

Anything below 4 will be a decent enough result for me. You could say it's not the end of the world we have so many injuries at the moment as these are not the games we need to pick up points in. 

Haven't got our best striker or our best attacking player against Everton?

Sorry but so many insisting on Knocky, his "je ne sais pas" is too often

"I dont know what" to do with the ball or "I dont know what" I did with the ball

I think we have to bench him for the top teams maybe use as a late sub, dont get me wrong love his passion but we cannot afford to lose the ball or break down good chances like he did yet again against Everton

I'm not going to judge him on yesterday, he passed a late fitness test and hadn't been training for a few weeks, and if it wasn't for other injuries he probably wouldn't have played. He wasn't shit, but didn't have his best game, Mahrez was poor in the first half too.

I would probably play Knocky behind Ulloa instead of Mahrez, I think his work rate off the ball is immense and he will chase the ball down and win it back for us in a dangerous position playing there. We will need 10 men all working hard off the ball to stop this being a rout.  

5-4-1. Park the bus and look for a draw. Win majority of your home games, try and pick up points away against the big sides = Survival.

Schmeichel

De Laet

Wasilewski

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Albrighton

Hammond

King

Mahrez

Ulloa

Subs: Hamer, Fanni, Schlupp, Knockaert, Nugent, Vardy, Wood.

5-4-1. Park the bus and look for a draw. Win majority of your home games, try and pick up points away against the big sides = Survival.

Schmeichel

De Laet

Wasilewski

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Albrighton

Hammond

King

Mahrez

Ulloa

We'll do that, end up conceding two scrappy goals with everybody in the box attempting to clear and then be able to get nothing back from the match because that's absolutely the most toothless squad we could put out with that lineup, unless Mahrez just boots it towards Ulloa's head on the occasional break we get and hope for the best

Schmeichel

De Laet

Wasilewski

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Albrighton

Hammond

King

Mahrez

Ulloa

The only way Was is playing is if Moore plays right back, Pearson will not play a back 5 against Chelsea, we will get mullered in midfield, 2 flat banks of 4 would be more effective defensively.

Haven't got our best striker or our best attacking player against Everton?

I'd rather have a fully fit target man in Ulloa and I'd play Nugent behind which isn't really Vardy's game.

Mahrez doesn't really fit into that formation - he was also anonymous in the first half when we were more up against it, which we are likely to be for the whole game Saturday.

5 at the back is completely redundant against Chelsea as they will almost certainly play one up front we need to stop Chelsea dominating the midfield and track the runners, rather than sitting back and letting them run at Was and Morgan where the likes of Cesc, Oscar and Schurrle will be too much for Wes and Was.

I sort of agree with you but just don't think we have the bodies to pack the midfield. No point the extra midfielder being an Albrighton, Mahrez or Knocky as their strengths lie in attack. I'd rather stick Was at the back and let him stick to Costa for 90 mins. Think we need at least 1 body in front of the back 4 to pick up the dangerous number 10 type players that Chelsea have so could see this being Hammond's role (with King helping when needed). Mahrez, Albrighton and Ulloa provide a forward presence, with King maybe allowed to venture forward more and nick something.

Unfortunately I'm struggling to see an 11 we could put out to get anything from this.

Archived