Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

Watched the game last night and indeed Chelsea looked good but these are the games we are looking to play week in week out.I hope Nigel is going to go there with a positive approach to getting something out of the game.This is a game where we are going to have our backs to the wall, but we are starting with a point and we should set up to try and hold that.I would play five at the back with Moore sweeping behind the back four

Kasper

Moore

De laet  Morgan Wallis Konch

Mahrez Hammond King Schlupp

Ulloa

In the second half Chelsea didn't look quite as unbeatable as they did in the first. Definitely need to play Marcin at the weekend we need to get in their faces and intimidate them. He'll probably get sent off though lol.

In the second half Chelsea didn't look quite as unbeatable as they did in the first. Definitely need to play Marcin at the weekend we need to get in their faces and intimidate them. He'll probably get sent off though lol.

They changed one gear back once they were 3-1 up and contained Burnley pretty easily and seemingly effortlessly. At times, it felt like a matchup between men and boys.

Chelsea have found the ideal replacement for Lampard - we should be very, very afraid of Fabregas.

In the second half Chelsea didn't look quite as unbeatable as they did in the first.

Really? They were winning comfortably, turned off basically completely and played as if having a kick about waiting for the match to end and made Burnley look even worse than they did in the first half. They hardly made any attempts to score another goal but they didn't really give Burnley the opportunity to do anything at all because they were in absolute control of everything.

I'd go

5-4-1

Schmiechel

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Wasyl

Schlupp

Albrighton

King

Hammond

Mahrez

Ulloa

I like the idea of going five at the back but thinking about it now, i think I'd rather see play a 5-3-2 formation. I know already done team sheet but I have admit I've kinda changed my mind now, after watching last nights game.

So same back five as you, in the middle I'd have...

Kasper

Moore      Morgan      Wasileswki

De Laet                                                    Schlupp

Hammond       King

Taylor-Fletcher

Ulloa              Vardy

Yes Mahrez was great saturday but somehow I'm not sure this will be the right game for him.

Bench:  Hamer, Konchesky, Mahrez, Albrighton, Nugent, Wood & .... (new signing?)

I like the idea of going five at the back but thinking about it now, i think I'd rather see play a 5-3-2 formation. I know already done team sheet but I have admit I've kinda changed my mind now, after watching last nights game.

So same back five as you, in the middle I'd have...

Kasper

Moore      Morgan      Wasileswki

De Laet                                                    Schlupp

Hammond       King

Taylor-Fletcher

Ulloa              Vardy

Yes Mahrez was great saturday but somehow I'm not sure this will be the right game for him.

Bench:  Hamer, Konchesky, Mahrez, Albrighton, Nugent, Wood & .... (new signing?)

Why Taylor-fletcher may I ask?

Why Taylor-fletcher may I ask?

As we not got the pace, but i think his experience and cleverness will be vital in that position. Up against that tough tight Chelsea defence we need somebody who can unlock that defence and put in that can hold the ball and put sneaky pass to our forwards, at the same time he's acting as that third striker. On thing we lacked on saturday was somebody holding up that ball.

They changed one gear back once they were 3-1 up and contained Burnley pretty easily and seemingly effortlessly. At times, it felt like a matchup between men and boys.

Chelsea have found the ideal replacement for Lampard - we should be very, very afraid of Fabregas.

Agree absolutely, but Burnley did manage more chances and quite a lot of Chelsea passes went astray. I'd like to think that if we were in the same scenario that we'd have stood a better chance of getting back into the game.

Having said that, if we lose 3-1 at the weekend, I'd be pretty chuffed to be honest!

4-4-2 im not scared

KS

De Laet Morgan Moore Konchesky

King Hammond

Mahrez Knockaert

Nugent

Ulloa

I'd go with this too. Might as well have a go at them because trying to contain them will be a total waste of time, we might as well just forfeit the points. Let's have a go at them and see if we can spring a shock.

It's a good job nobody on here's the manager or we'd be completely ****ed

'Yeah alright everybody, we're going to get absolutely obliterated today. You know that, I know that, Chelsea definitely knows that, so let's just park the bus and try not to lose by more than 3 goals. Attacking won't be a worry today so Vardy and Mahrez you won't be playing. If anybody ends up with the ball and manages to retain it for a second or two, just hoof it towards Ulloa's head and hope for the best. I'd say good luck but we're fvcked either way really. All right, get out there and I'll go write something to send out after the loss.'

I'd probably go same team as Everton but Albrighton for Knocky. We're going to get dominated but if Hammond and King can play how he they against Everton we may have a sniff at a draw. What I noticed yesterday against Burnley was that Burnley hoofed it out of defence quite a lot towards the general direction of Jutcewicz, who I don't rate at all. When Burnley got it down and played on the floor Chelsea didn't look so solid. I'd back us to play on the floor a bit more and when the ball comes to Ulloa he'll hold it up a great deal better than Burnley. Also the fact they went 442 meant they got mullered in midfield. If Nugent stays in that role where he can drop back hopefully that'll help us to deal with them a bit better. Probably not though!

I will eat my hat if we play 3 centre backs, Chelsea would completely dominate the rest of the pitch and Moore and Was will be chasing shadows while Morgan sticks to Costa.

It is easy to stop the likes of Costa scoring, cut off the service, I would be more worried about Torres up against Morgan as he can turn and take him on, and create chances for himself. We need to stop the Chelsea midfield from controlling the game and just carving us open, we won't do that by playing a back 5.

If Nigel was to park the bus he would play Moore at RB and RDL at RW, Schlupp and Konch on the left, double the cover, Hammond and King in front of the back 4, Ulloa up top with Vardy or Mahrez supporting.

I would love to see us give a go and go at them, but look what happened to Burnley, in the first haif I expect us to sit deep, give them little space and then hit quickly on the break, we may need to lump it to Ulloa occasionally to relieve the pressure, but we should be getting it into his feet and holding the ball up giving, Vardy/Mahrez, Schlupp and RDL time to get up and support while Moore and Konch focus on their defensive duties, and Hammond keeps the screen on the back 4, King will have license to go forwards a bit more, but really first half we shut them out and hit them on the break, half time we reassess, but if we can frustrate them and keep them at bay, they will leave more gaps at the back pushing on for the equalizer.

If we had a fully fit team, I would be more inclined to go for it and just say lets play our own game and see how we get on, but with DD and James out, Vardy and Albrighton short of match fitness I would fear a spanking and it is important we get through these next 2 games without our confidence shot to pieces.

Well what a game that was !

here´s a brief for those that missed it 

CFC 2-3 LCFC 

Costalot 13 min

Nugent 35 min

we go mad

1-1 half time 

Squirrel 55 min

Mahrez 69 min

we go really mad

Vardy on as sub  75 min

Vardy scores winner in 89th minute