Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

We've got to play the ball on the floor if we're going to have any chance against these.

Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry and Matic are going to eat anything in the air. We need to get the ball forward into Ulloa's feet asap and get runners, especially Mahrez and Vardy, playing off him.

Agree. Can't understand why Burnley are playing hoof ball. They should look at the name of their ground and play it on the turf moor

Watching Chelsea tonight we should use the classic 'wall' formation and go for something along the following lines:

GK x 3 : Schmeichel, Taylor-Fletcher, Hamer (mixture of ability and stature)

DF x 7 : De Laet, Wood, Moore, Wasilewski, Morgan, Ulloa, Konchesky (perfect combination of height, strength and pace)

MF x 1 : Hammond (protecting the back 10 as he usually does)

You'd be fine with 3-0 despite an incredibly shit Burnley side hanging onto 3-1 somehow

Burnley are hardly incredibly shit are they, they weren't much worse than us last year. Lets not think we're suddenly leaps and bounds better than then just because we scraped a draw against Everton.

This is what we've been waiting for, for such a long time.

We shouldn't fear anyone or we may as well have stayed down.

Chelsea are class and will win the title imo but I hope we give a good account of ourselves because we too are a good side.

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win ;-)

We finished nine points and eleven goals better off than them, took four points off them and never looked much in doubt to finish much other than first for months at the end of the season.

It wasn't that close, either. We're not infinitely better than them but we still ARE noticeably better than them.

Burnley are hardly incredibly shit are they, they weren't much worse than us last year. Lets not think we're suddenly leaps and bounds better than then just because we scraped a draw against Everton.

everyone with half a brain has known we've been leaps and bounds better than them for a lot longer than that

We finished nine points and eleven goals better off than them, took four points off them and never looked much in doubt to finish much other than first for months at the end of the season.

It wasn't that close, either. We're not infinitely better than them but we still ARE noticeably better than them.

Yeah but Burnley are at home and we are playing away. I would take a 2 goal defeat to be fair

Yeah but Burnley are at home and we are playing away. I would take a 2 goal defeat to be fair

Oh for sure. In dreading Saturday. It's probably the game I most want us to win this season (except maybe a double over QPR) but I fully expect us to get murdered.

everyone with half a brain has known we've been leaps and bounds better than them for a lot longer than that

Yeah we picked up a whopping 5 points more than them from 1st Jan onwards. If they are "incredibly shit" what does that make us... pretty shit? Just a bit shit? or just plain old shit?

Yes we are better than them, but as I just said if they are incredibly shit then what does that make us? They were with us all the way until their injuries, I don't see why people need to put them down, in the eyes of the rest of the league we're both shit.

Oh for sure. In dreading Saturday. It's probably the game I most want us to win this season (except maybe a double over QPR) but I fully expect us to get murdered.

I'm hoping, no injuries, no sending off's and a defeat we can take something from!!  I'm really hoping Chelsea under estimate us and Mourinho decides to play Torrez and his sub bench!!

Yeah we picked up a whopping 5 points more than them from 1st Jan onwards. If they are "incredibly shit" what does that make us... pretty shit? Just a bit shit? or just plain old shit?

compared to your chelsea's we're incredibly shit too. compared to burnley we are much superior. it's all subjective. 

We were slightly better than Burnley last season, and given the offseason activities, the gap has marginally widened.

Going to Stamford Bridge, I'd expect nothing else but getting beaten by a convincing scoreline.

In my eyes, this is one of those games where you don't stand a chance from the start and thus need to take it.

All I want is our boys to give the Chelski one heck of a fight and score a few blinders in the process, as well.

Droghba got a few mins at the end so be would be my bet for Saturday rather than costa or Torres. I know he is a bi centre forward but he knows his way around the PL compare to costa and clearly Jose loves him. I'd rather he played against us than Torres !

Watch out Wes...  :wes:

We'll almost certainly lose but that's ok. What you're looking for is the basics to be in place. I want us to lose because Chelsea ooze quality, not because we gave the ball away, not because we failed to track runners, not because we weren't fit enough. I think we need pace in the side so if Vardy is fit I would play him, even if it means playing him wide.

Schmeichel

de Laet Morgan Moore Schlupp

King Hammond

Vardy Nugent Mahrez

Ulloa

Quite possibly that.

Get Mahrez, Nugent and Vardy running for Ulloa to play into.

Try to relish getting beaten by Chelsea, not Millwall.

Archived