Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

Fair comment, I'm amazed you haven't invested more, I was assuming you were finding it difficult like we were to attract the right players.

I had forgotten how good your start was when you got promoted last time, a lot of newly promoted clubs that keep their team together tend to start well, then fade away as they get worked out, similar to Blackpool the season after, team spirit and togetherness getting you so far.

So Dyche's constant harping on about money and market leaders, is that actually an attempt to get the board to cough up more money for transfers? Do you really think he would leave mid-season?

Oh and it is OK to say on here you are looking to finish above Leicester, we have certainly earmarked Burnley as one of the teams we are targeting to finish above, along with QPR and hopefully now Palace. West Brom, Villa, Hull and Swansea were all on the list as well, but they all went and bloody won at the weekend, oh well.

Think about this way - Burnley need Dyche more than Dyche needs Burnley, and he knows it. If he was to leave tomorrow, most fans would understand that he would have left because the owners are too tight (unambitious). We've got a PL standard manager, a pretty good squad but a League One set of directors.

I hope I'm very wrong but I have an horrible feeling we are going to get completely mullered against Chelsea.

We are weakened and they look the dogs this season. Stranger things have happened but I wouldn't be shocked to see a difference of at least three goals in this one.

I think this may well be the case for many sides who visit Chelsea this term.

Think we'll struggle without Drinkwater and James here. Not that I'm too bothered about this - I would have fully expected us to lose this fixture anyway (and I also think we'll lose the Arsenal game). As long as they are back before Stoke away I'll be OK.

Realistically we have to accept 3 points from our first 5 games would be a bloody decent result given who we're playing.

We play Knockaert, we get hammered even worse. He is a good player but has no grasp on defensive positioning or any sort of standout attribute to cause trouble to world class defenders, and playing him centrally would be tactical suicide. Imo we go same team as saturday but Albrighton on the left, for better defensive cover and the fact that if 1 delivery lands on Ulloa, and we score it, then you never know.

We play Knockaert, we get hammered even worse. He is a good player but has no grasp on defensive positioning or any sort of standout attribute to cause trouble to world class defenders, and playing him centrally would be tactical suicide. Imo we go same team as saturday but Albrighton on the left, for better defensive cover and the fact that if 1 delivery lands on Ulloa, and we score it, then you never know.

Agree with most of that but it's a tad harsh on Knocky

Let's not give away soft goals on Saturday. In the cup match a couple of years ago we gave away really poor goals, if they outclass us and pass it around us, we can't get near to them then fair enough, there isn't a lot we can do. Just don't give away free headers, leave people spare in the area from set-pieces, make them work for their goals.

I think they're a much improved side than that game as well. We were a shambles defensively that day though we attacked pretty well. Pretty sure Danns had his best game for us.

Did we have Bamba at the back that game?

Yes we did... what a horrid team we had ha ha.

• 01 Schmeichel
  • 03 Konchesky
  • 06 Bamba
  • 12 St Ledger (Schlupp - 63' )
  • 26 Morgan
  • 11 Dyer
  • 19 Wellens (Marshall - 83' )
  • 23 Danns
  • 07 Gallagher (Peltier - 43' )
  • 20 Beckford
  • 35 Nugent

How Chelsea only stuck five past that is beyond me.

Hello everyone!

Chelsea fan here in peace! Nice one on getting back to the Premier League and in such spectacular fashion (how many points did you get again last season? that was really something). I've skim-read this thread and the general tone seems to be downcast. I really don't think you've got to be concerned as Mourinho doesn't tend to go for the jugular unless he's against a manager he really doesn't like... like Arsene Wenger! In all due seriousness though, I think the Foxes will put up quite a fight and will push Chelsea further than most are anticipating. As one can see from last season Chelsea struggled to maintain consistency against, and with all-due-respect, lower flight sides and more often than not underestimated teams that ended up potentially costing us the title. Whether or not this continues into this new season is yet to be seen but it'll be on the minds of more than a few fans.

Here is a link to a newly created thread from a Chelsea forum.

http://www.theshedend.com/topic/26527-chelsea-vs-leicester-pl-230814-ko-1500-bst/

I think that the OP has it spot-on on how we'll setup our team.

Above all I'm hoping for a great game and for all involved to just enjoy the atmosphere at Stamford Bridge.

All the best!

Hello everyone!

Chelsea fan here in peace! Nice one on getting back to the Premier League and in such spectacular fashion (how many points did you get again last season? that was really something). I've skim-read this thread and the general tone seems to be downcast. I really don't think you've got to be concerned as Mourinho doesn't tend to go for the jugular unless he's against a manager he really doesn't like... like Arsene Wenger! In all due seriousness though, I think the Foxes will put up quite a fight and will push Chelsea further than most are anticipating. As one can see from last season Chelsea struggled to maintain consistency against, and with all-due-respect, lower flight sides and more often than not underestimated teams that ended up potentially costing us the title. Whether or not this continues into this new season is yet to be seen but it'll be on the minds of more than a few fans.

Here is a link to a newly created thread from a Chelsea forum.

http://www.theshedend.com/topic/26527-chelsea-vs-leicester-pl-230814-ko-1500-bst/

I think that the OP has it spot-on on how we'll setup our team.

Above all I'm hoping for a great game and for all involved to just enjoy the atmosphere at Stamford Bridge.

All the best!

Looking forward to the game. I live in Putney so practically on my doorstep! Where I drink (on the High Street) a few Chelsea fans I know are expecting a tough game. What with it being the beginning of the season & Leicester pretty much on a high after promotion & the point last week.

They are a great side on their day, they showed that in spells against Burnley on Monday. But, at times they really struggled to break teams down at the back end and beginning of last season. I remember West Brom being very unfortunate early on in the campaign at the Bridge. If we're still in the game at half time It's more than possible that we could maybe nick a draw.

Although it's a completely different kettle of fish, we really shown up in the big games last season and hopefully we can do so this season too. If I had to make a prediction I'd probably  go 2/3-1 to Chelsea, but if they were to have an off day we could definitely nick a 1-1.

Archived