Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

4-2-3-1 would be nice. Flood the midfield with pace out wide for couter attacks. I think we'll get torn apart if we play 4-4-2 so parking the bus and hoping they lack a bit of fluidity when it comes to breaking down teams in the final third.

Can we even play 3 in midfield though? Hammond and King holding, nice and disciplined, I'd imagine Nuge playing quite deep behind Ulloa and Schlupp and Mahrez out wide. Nuge's work rate is good and I reckon he could be asked to play in midfield when we don't have the ball, he can harry while Hammond and King shield the back four so we line up 4-5-1 without the ball.

With it I'd look to distribute to the front 3 and let them have a go, we don't need to overcommit as that can be lethal against teams with Chelsea's quality.

Kasp

De L

Mooron

Morg

Konch

King

Hammond Organ

Alb

Nuge

Mahrez

Leo

Fingers crossed Vards and Albrighton are fit or I reckon Super Kev will be on the bench

Schmeichel

De Laet

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky

Albrighton

Hammond

King

Mahrez

GTF

Ulloa

Unleash Gary at Chelsea, they'll be pissing themselves.

Same physique as Gunny circa 2005

Don't know why people want Schlupp in, all he did saturday was blaze a great chance into space and stood around looking like he couldn't care less for the rest of the game.

Thought he was ok. Without Vardy and Dyer he seems to be our only real pace too. Perhaps people expecting we'll need to counter attack?

We won't get away with playing as direct on Saturday. Ulloa and Nugent did a fantastic job at winning flick ons and holding the ball up against Everton, but even as old as he is now there's nobody better in world football at dealing with long balls than John Terry. We'll lose it before we've even won it back.

I think that the key will be the use of Mahrez and Vardy's pace in transition. I strongly suspect we'll see Vardy come in for Knockaert and if he's not fit we may even see Schlupp wide left.

Assuming those who've started training are fit and nobody comes in:

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Hammond

King

Mahrez

Nugent

Vardy

Ulloa

Hamer, Schlupp, Wasyl, Albrighton, Knockaert, Wood, GTF

Thought he was ok. Without Vardy and Dyer he seems to be our only real pace too. Perhaps people expecting we'll need to counter attack?

Vardy's back isn't he? And probably, but i'd expect us to bombard them with crosses with Ulloa playing.

Vardy's back isn't he? And probably, but i'd expect us to bombard them with crosses with Ulloa playing.

Obviously not as optimistic as the Everton game, a more defensive plan is needed, maybe going for a boring 'park the bus' similar to West Ham last season? it would be dull but if it gets you a point then its a great result, it would need a massive performance from Moore and Wes and it wouldn't be pretty football maybe try and nick something on a break, West Ham were using Carroll but if we tried someone quicker it might be possible to catch their defenders out.

That's as optimistic as I can be, I would rather lose this and rest the injured players so that they are fully recovered rather than using them and risking agitating niggles and knocks keeping them out for longer, having them fully fit for Arsenal and especially Stoke where we can get 3 points seems logical. 

Looks like the Fanni deal is in advanced stages, any chance him being thrown in at RB and play RDL as a RW double protection on the flanks and his pace on the counter, I know he is back in training but Saturday may be too soon for Albrighton, and as someone up there said about Vardy, why risk his fitness for Chelsea away.

Sorry but so many insisting on Knocky, his "je ne sais pas" is too often

"I dont know what" to do with the ball or "I dont know what" I did with the ball

I think we have to bench him for the top teams maybe use as a late sub, dont get me wrong love his passion but we cannot afford to lose the ball or break down good chances like he did yet again against Everton

Exactly. Playing Knocky instead of Nugent would be a disaster.

Knocky is great at making “Hollywood tackles”, racing 20 yards and making a sliding tackle to roars of approval from the crowd. But that’s usually because he’s out of position in the first place. Thing about Nugent though is that he’s always in the right position in the first place.

Football hasn’t been about “tackling” since the days of Vinnie Jones and Mick Kennedy. Ask any coach, and he’ll tell you the important thing is to stay on your feet and keep your position. If you’re on the ground, you’re out of the game and no use to anyone.

I’m not knocking Knocky – he’s a good player and always give his all. But so does Schlupp.  I just think that maybe we have underestimated Schlupp’s effectiveness as a left-winger. I’m starting to think it is his best position.

Knocky cost us the first goal on Saturday by ambling out of defence after their corner and playing Distin onside. Might be harsh but him slipping over also cost us the second goal.

But absolutely agree that we can’t drop Mahrez. The two moments of quality in the game were his pass through to Schlupp for what should have bin a goal, and the way he set up the equaliser by putting Gareth Barry on his arse.

Knocky will have to be our impact sub.

Drinkwater And James Out Of Chelsea Trip

Posted: Mon 18 Aug 2014 

Author: Leicester City

dd-injury-4-3-280-1836620_478x359.jpg

Danny Drinkwater

Image by: Plumb Images
Midfield duo Danny Drinkwater and Matty James look set to miss Saturday’s Barclays Premier League trip to Chelsea, City manager Nigel Pearson has confirmed.
But there looks to be better news on the fitness of Marc Albrighton and Jamie Vardy, as the Foxes prepare for their first away trip of the new season. 

James missed Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Everton at King Power Stadium after picking up a knock in training, while Drinkwater lasted just 39 minutes before a hamstring injury curtailed his involvement. 

“Danny’s is a grade one (hamstring injury), so he’ll be seven-to-ten days, which is not too bad,” Pearson said. 

“Matty got a heavy knock on his shin and will be a couple of weeks. 

“It’s unfortunate that we’ve picked up one or two injuries, but Marc Albrighton will probably train tomorrow, so will Jamie Vardy, so we lose one and we get one back – it’s nothing too drastic.” 

Albrighton missed Saturday’s opener after sustaining a groin injury in City’s final pre-season friendly against Werder Bremen, while Vardy has been troubled by a thigh problem since the visit to Preston North End seven days previously. 

The return of both players could considerably bolster Pearson’s attacking options for the meeting with Jose Mourinho’s title favourites, but the City boss admits he may need to add further depth to his squad before the end of the month. 

“We’ll probably have to look to strengthen the squad before the end of the window, just to make sure we’ve got enough numbers from window to window,” Pearson said. 

“It’s a fluid situation where we need to see what happens, but we are trying to add to the squad, both in terms of numbers but also adding quality so that we can cope with the demands of the Premier League.” 

Not sure we can play park the bus football personally! Reckon only change needs to be knocky for albrighton (if 100% fit) i think knocky lost the ball in possession on saturday a few many times for my liking and against chelsea itll end up in the back of the net. 

Knocky and Vardy to come on with 20 mins to play if we're only 2-1 down! As people have said Vardy would scare the shit out of Terry and Cahill.

I think 2-3 Chelsea but i think we'll give them a tough game.

Team

GK: Kasper

RB: De Laet

CB: Moore

CB: Morgan

LB: Konchesky

CM: Hammond

CM: King

RW: Albrighton

LW: Mahrez

AT: Vardy

AT: Ulloa

Bench: Hamer, Wasileswki, Schlupp, Knockaert, Wood, Nugent & Taylor-Fletcher.

Chelsea away is tough for any side, and I expect them to come out of the blocks fast, showing their fans the quality they have . I believe they will put us under the cosh, and win by three goals at least.

Losing, will be no disgrace, and we have a weakened side. If we lose by less than three, then we will have done well

We aren't good at trying to play defensive, but we need to learn otherwise games like this will be very tough. Failing that, let's have a right go at them. Get Vardy and Albrighton in for Drinkwater and Knockaert and drop Nuge in behind. King can run things centrally on his own!!

Got to go with Ulloa up top, regardless, I think we'd be naive to go and attack them. I'll be happy playing defensively if we get a point. Chelsea away is tough for any side. Give me one ground I want to win at though and it's Stamford Bridge.

Be interesting to see what Burnley do tonight against Chelsea.

Kasper

De Laet -- Morgan -- Moore -- Konchesky

King -- Hammond

Albrighton -- Nugent -- Mahrez

Ulloa

Just seen the ref for Saturday is Lee Mason. Kasper best get practising his penalty saving.

Archived