Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

James McArthur

Not blue tinted at all, I just find it embarrassing that 'grown men' are panicking in such a fashion. All of your posts are without foundation.

Thing is Micky, when you write posts like this it kind of infers to the less knowledgable that you are a little closer to the action than you let on. That you have more a more informed view of all this than we do. So on that I ask. Are you more informed or just adding to the pot like others?

why does everyone keep harking on about last minute deals  we dont have to buy we also have a couple of loans we could get 

yes we need midfield and a cb  but when the current midfield are fit we dont want to be overloaded lets say we sign camb and the wigan guy and nigel wants to stick to his 4-4-2    do you leave around 11m quid of new signings on the bench who are going to be unhappy or do you play them and leave the 2 guys that got you promotion and just signed new deals out . 

i dont think nigel wants to upset the spirit and togetherness in the camp causing unrest . 

also why put all our eggs into this transfer window as there is another one you know maybe there is a budget and some needs to be held back for jan to use to either push on in the prem or fight off relegation . 

The thing is no one, but a few, know what is going on, the rest of us are feeding off rumours and rumours spawned from other rumours and then use these rumours to try and paint a picture of what is happening. But if all you've got in your paint pot is bullshit, then all your painting is more bullshit.

why does everyone keep harking on about last minute deals  we dont have to buy we also have a couple of loans we could get 

yes we need midfield and a cb  but when the current midfield are fit we dont want to be overloaded lets say we sign camb and the wigan guy and nigel wants to stick to his 4-4-2    do you leave around 11m quid of new signings on the bench who are going to be unhappy or do you play them and leave the 2 guys that got you promotion and just signed new deals out . 

i dont think nigel wants to upset the spirit and togetherness in the camp causing unrest . 

also why put all our eggs into this transfer window as there is another one you know maybe there is a budget and some needs to be held back for jan to use to either push on in the prem or fight off relegation . 

We can only loan during the transfer window. Any deals need to be completed and registered by 2nd Sept as far as I'm aware.

Thing is Micky, when you write posts like this it kind of infers to the less knowledgable that you are a little closer to the action than you let on. That you have more a more informed view of all this than we do. So on that I ask. Are you more informed or just adding to the pot like others?[/quote

informed

Thing is Micky, when you write posts like this it kind of infers to the less knowledgable that you are a little closer to the action than you let on. That you have more a more informed view of all this than we do. So on that I ask. Are you more informed or just adding to the pot like others?[/quote

informed

ok. Will bear that in mind.

The thing is no one, but a few, know what is going on, the rest of us are feeding off rumours and rumours spawned from other rumours and then use these rumours to try and paint a picture of what is happening. But if all you've got in your paint pot is bullshit, then all your painting is more bullshit.

That is a truely brilliant post

Agree with this. We can only play 11 players at once and make 3 substitutions. We're obviously not interested in the cup's, we need players that are prepared to sit on the bench and be part of a squad. Signings like these are  probably more difficult to come by  than marquee signings. Look at Hamar, first choice goalie at Charlton, guaranteed start every week, idolised by 10's, now probably won't play again for the rest of the season. 

As will yours when we have sign no one.

I'm not panicking at all. If we go into the next 4 months with the squad we have then so be it, I trust those in charge at Leicester have done all they can to make things happen. I won't be crying about on a forum.

If I was JM then I would be choosing a different club (if I have a choice)

Seems to me that we are lining him up Incase EC doesn't complete. Would you want to be sloppy seconds??

It's been a day and by all accounts he's had talks with us yesterday. Even if he is back-up to Cambiasso we've hardly fcuked him about yet.

Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan has vowed to reinvest the funds generated from the sale of James McArthur to Leicester City.

The Scotland international is heading out of the DW Stadium after a fee was agreed with Leicester at the third time of asking.

It is reported that Foxes boss Nigel Pearson is prepared to pay around £7million for the midfielder, with a deal set to be completed ahead of the weekend.

DaveWhelan_3098226.jpg

"Uwe will have access to all the funds we generate from sales – that’s normal procedure"

Dave Whelan

A cash injection before the close of the summer transfer window will allow Wigan to go in search of a replacement, and Whelan says manager Uwe Rosler will be given license to dip back into the market.

He told the Evening Post: “It’s a fair amount for a very good player, one who has served us very well indeed.

“I’ve always said I would never stand in the way of a player who had a chance like this. It wouldn’t be fair.

“All we asked was we received a fair fee, which we have, and the money will be going straight to Uwe for strengthening the squad.

“Replacements are already being looked at, but we are always looking at players who can improve the squad.

“Uwe will have access to all the funds we generate from sales – that’s normal procedure.”

Wigan may be disappointed to see McArthur heading for the exits a year after James McCarthy did the same, but Whelan admits they can have few complaints at having generated £20million in fees for the pair.

He added: “Those two lads have done so well for this football club. They both gave fantastic service, and we received fantastic transfer fees for them.

“James wanted to get back into the Premier League, and there were two clubs in for him.

“It’s difficult for us to say no to a player in that situation. It’s impossible.”

Same, the first time season ticket holders will fvck off when we get relegated and I might actually be able to get a nice seat this time

If you had a season ticket last year you would have been able to renew your seat for this year.

So as you don't seem to have got a good seat this year I imagine you are also a first time season ticket holder?

Wasn't it Burnley? Bid rejected.

What about Crystal Palace? Either way if he chooses any of those over Leicester than that's his mistake. We will be above both of them by the end of the season.

Archived