Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

James McArthur

Umm, SSN saying Palace are in for him?

This has become super confusing. Shame I don't have experience of Board Level Negotiations else I'd have it sussed.

No need to worry about Crystal Palace, they are tin pot.

Right. Here's my theory on this saga.

1st bid rejected straight out by Whelan. Fair enough

2nd bid is closer and was rejected late yesterday. The Mercury knew about the second and had to put it through the print at that stage.

3rd bid came in after negotiations had taken place after the Mercury had sent it to the printing. Whelan came out and said a bid had been accepted by Leicester bear blar

Cambiasso deal is just bizzarre.

That is all, fellow foxers

And another transfer deal rumbles on.

Another victim of the Cambiasso trilogy maybe.

How simple was this one to get over the line? Whelan tells everyone its a done deal. But still we wait....

Now speculation around that the bid was just a ruse or fall back to get Cambiasso to hasten up his decision making.

We are becoming a joke

We're a joke for trying to have a back up should option A fall through?

Surely that's exactly what people would want us to do, sod what people think so long as we actually get in the players we want.

Right. Here's my theory on this saga.

1st bid rejected straight out by Whelan. Fair enough

2nd bid is closer and was rejected late yesterday. The Mercury knew about the second and had to put it through the print at that stage.

3rd bid came in after negotiations had taken place after the Mercury had sent it to the printing. Whelan came out and said a bid had been accepted by Leicester bear blar

Cambiasso deal is just bizzarre.

That is all, fellow foxers

Don't think so - afaik the second bid was accepted. As is usual in a transfer, Wigan then come back to us to enquire how we propose to structure the deal. I believe we haven't replied to this which tells me we have cooled our interest.

If you had a season ticket last year you would have been able to renew your seat for this year.

So as you don't seem to have got a good seat this year I imagine you are also a first time season ticket holder?

Letting that imagination wander, aren't you? But no, my renewed seat of several years stems from financial restrictions on my part. This year I was able to afford a better seat, but found them all reserved by ex-top 6 fans.

It's a no win situation for the rest of the window in many ways

We will bring 3 or 4 players and we have hit the panic button or we dont and our transfer policy is a farce and we should have got deals sorted. (not my views, I am pretty happy with the business done this summer)

Pearson said at the beginning of the summer there wouldn't be sweeping changes as he trusts the ability of the squad that has got us up.

Recently; injuries have exposed certain areas of the squad and he is looking to bring players in, but will only bring players in that are right for the club.

Whether those players that are available want to accept the deal that is one the table or actually want to play for us is down to the player/agent

I have seen enough in the 1st two matches that we have enough quality in the squad to stay in this league, However we all know that if we get more injuries on top of what we have now, then our squad is not big enough to cover this situation

The club are trying to address this situation without just getting a player through the door for the sake of boosting the squad numbers.

Said it the other day, there can be up to 20% of all the summer transfer deals done on the final day of the window, we may be one of the busy clubs!

We are abviously doing deals under the radar, Pearson said he wont talk about other players, so lets just be patient. Its frustrating I know but NP does his business this way, I am sure he will catch us off guard with 3 or 4 players.

ITK here: Can't sign Cambiasso or McArthur till we get another shipment of home shirts in

Oh, good one.

I think we have prioritised Cambiasso over McArthur and will now only sign the Argentine.

The bid for McArthur clearly went in for the Wigan lad before Cambiasso confirmed his intentions and we did the right thing in confirming what priced we'd need to pay with the second bid.

Cambiasso will be great for us once he gets up to speed.

Just noticed Villa have bid £8 million for Cleverely.

Obviously this is just an initial bid but it crossed my mind earlier that it probably wouldn't cost much more than £7 million for Cleverley.  Could this be why this deal has gone cold, Cleverley has become available?

Probably not, just guesswork.

Just noticed Villa have bid £8 million for Cleverely.

Obviously this is just an initial bid but it crossed my mind earlier that it probably wouldn't cost much more than £7 million for Cleverley. Could this be why this deal has gone cold, Cleverley has become available?

Probably not, just guesswork.

Be a great feat, can't see him wanting to join us though.

From what we've heard I'm pretty sure this is our doing. The deal goes stale after Cambiasso allegedly renews interest, it doesn't seem too coincidental to me.

Besides, our back up options have proved to be up to the challenge thus far, and our preferential CMs should well step up to the plate. One of either Cambiasso or McArthur would be ideal really, and then a striker and a CB should be enough (N'Doye seems to be the striker but a CB there's been no talk of).

From what we've heard I'm pretty sure this is our doing. The deal goes stale after Cambiasso allegedly renews interest, it doesn't seem too coincidental to me.

Besides, our back up options have proved to be up to the challenge thus far, and our preferential CMs should well step up to the plate. One of either Cambiasso or McArthur would be ideal really, and then a striker and a CB should be enough (N'Doye seems to be the striker but a CB there's been no talk of).

That's a shit way to treat McArthur if that is true (I seriously hope we wouldn't do that). Quite a bizarre situation to have their chairman trying to push through the deal while we stall for time hoping to land cambiasso (if it is how it looks).

That's a shit way to treat McArthur if that is true (I seriously hope we wouldn't do that). Quite a bizarre situation to have their chairman trying to push through the deal while we stall for time hoping to land cambiasso (if it is how it looks).

Sorry, but are you really that naive? Players are used as pawns all the time.

Well he is the fvcking owner of Wigan, his word has more credibility than journos and twitter ******.

Oh right, so someone who would only release this kind of more 'information' to the press to get more money is classed as credible nowadays?

Come off it. If Dave Whelan wanted us to be buying him at the price both he and we want then he wouldn't keep running his mouth. He'd wait until we'd confirmed it, especially considering the way Nigel keeps telling the media about wanting to keep business under wraps.

Whereas in the real world, Whelan knew that we were interested but also knew we'd not had an offer accepted. Saying otherwise lets everyone know that Jame McCarthur is available to everyone ready to pay X amount.

in the ordinary course of events I would tend to agree where an individual's career prospects are concerned  but given the cynical nature of football and the money involved I think most in the game understand how the rewards and risks are balanced.  Wigan have a decent benchmark for the sale price, McArthur (if indeed we have cut him adrift)  will know that he can command a bigger salary with his club if they want to cash in and there may well be other interest in doing a deal (though probably not from Dyche)

Oh right, so someone who would only release this kind of more 'information' to the press to get more money is classed as credible nowadays?

Come off it. If Dave Whelan wanted us to be buying him at the price both he and we want then he wouldn't keep running his mouth. He'd wait until we'd confirmed it, especially considering the way Nigel keeps telling the media about wanting to keep business under wraps.

Whereas in the real world, Whelan knew that we were interested but also knew we'd not had an offer accepted. Saying otherwise lets everyone know that Jame McCarthur is available to everyone ready to pay X amount.

Could be something in that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived