Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

But he was our top scorer last season.

I think we look better with Nuge in the hole, Ulloa up front and Vardy on the right.

Nuge won't get loads of goals in this league but his link up play, movement and harrying are missed when he's on the bench.

He got into good areas with the ball too on Saturday but couldn't pass it to Ulloa as he was then on the bench.

I think we look better with Nuge in the hole, Ulloa up front and Vardy on the right.

Nuge won't get loads of goals in this league but his link up play, movement and harrying are missed when he's on the bench.

He got into good areas with the ball too on Saturday but couldn't pass it to Ulloa as he was then on the bench.

Mick2.gif

Only appropriate gif.

A member of this forum with a relatively high post count who decides to mock those who are 'lesser known' on the board because he isn't one of the 'cool kids'.

You could be on this forum for 100 years and never ever be close to being one of the cool kids.

Your points are shite. You ignore all counter arguments (see mine above, among many others you gloss over). You throw your toys out when someone disagrees with you. You don't even troll in an interesting way.

The reason people think you're thick isn't because you're outside an imaginary establishment who fear your dangerous intellect. It's because everything you say makes you sound...thick.

Are there any 'cool kids' on FoxesTalk.

I have the impression that there are an awful lot of geeky kids on FT? Many that talk a good game, but rarely go to games?

I could be wrong?

lol

You could be on this forum for 100 years and never ever be close to being one of the cool kids.

Your points are shite. You ignore all counter arguments (see mine above, among many others you gloss over). You throw your toys out when someone disagrees with you. You don't even troll in an interesting way.

The reason people think you're thick isn't because you're outside an imaginary establishment who fear your dangerous intellect. It's because everything you say makes you sound...thick.

Now dont hold back Oxford...

lol

So by that logic you must also think NP is 'Thick'?

After all, he did exactly what i suggested.

A member of this forum with a relatively high post count who decides to mock those who are 'lesser known' on the board because he isn't one of the 'cool kids'.

People don't mock you because you've got a low post count they mock you because you do stupid things like your little trip over to that Shrewsbury forum that you deny despite the name of the poster being "LCFC_Grewkes" and having a posting style identical to your own. As well as your unhealthy obsession with David Nugent which you have to remind us of after EVERY game. Also you don't seem to give him credit when he does play well, such as Stoke, or Man u. Instead choosing to blank out everything good he did by reverting back to statistics. 

Here's a fact for you pal. You got your wish of dropping one of our most important players an we turned in out worst performance in a good 18 months. Explain that one and make it sound like it was nugent's fault, I know you want to.

Haha, we weren't great but that wasn't even our worst performance in the past 8 days!

Said it much better than I ever could have! 

Have you considered that maybe he's mocking you because what you are saying is ridiculous. You may be right come the end of the season, that Nugent isn't good enough for this level, but for now what you're posting is just strange - he played well as a link player last season, he's done ok this season, you're looking at a role he's not been tasked with playing and using it to bash him with, and that's just stupid.

I really do think there are a number of people who are ITCHING to suggest that certain players are shite at this level.

Nugent just being one of them.

We are in the Prem. Its a tough ol season.

Enjoy it... and just take it game by game.

Nugent may not be fantastic..neither are two thirds of the players in the bloody division. If ever there is a time to get behind them all, its now.

I really do think there are a number of people who are ITCHING to suggest that certain players are shite at this level.

Nugent just being one of them.

We are in the Prem. Its a tough ol season.

Enjoy it... and just take it game by game.

Nugent may not be fantastic..neither are two thirds of the players in the bloody division. If ever there is a time to get behind them all, its now.

Well flipping said. :thumbup:

We lost. That's what happens to teams in the Premier League. Get behind your team and make sure they're not so scared to make a mistake that they do nothing right...

I thought we missed Nugent on Saturday.

Burnley seemed to have lots of time and space in front of their own back four and this allowed them to build attacks and dominate possession. This is the area that Nugent usually fills.

Also thought Ulloa and Vardy were less effective together than either has been when playing with Nugent.

Away at Newcastle I don’t think we can afford two out-and-out strikers.  Ulloa on the bench?

Controversial.

I thought we missed Nugent on Saturday.

Burnley seemed to have lots of time and space in front of their own back four and this allowed them to build attacks and dominate possession. This is the area that Nugent usually fills.

Also thought Ulloa and Vardy were less effective together than either has been when playing with Nugent.

Away at Newcastle I don’t think we can afford two out-and-out strikers. Ulloa on the bench?

Controversial.

Was thinking this in the strongest XI thread. Vardy's looked lively at least in the last couple of games, Ulloa hasn't, and 433 is narrow for our pacey players. Both LU and JV play better with Nuge, so him with one of them seems the logical option. Tough call though, totally changes our gameplan.

Was thinking this in the strongest XI thread. Vardy's looked lively at least in the last couple of games, Ulloa hasn't, and 433 is narrow for our pacey players. Both LU and JV play better with Nuge, so him with one of them seems the logical option. Tough call though, totally changes our gameplan.

Are we really writing off the Ulloa Vardy partnership after ONE game together?!

I wouldn't say it's worth writing off yet, but we suffered from the problems I suspected we would have on Saturday. I saw no proper cohesion between attack and midfield other than the odd link up with Schlupp/Mahrez. I said it before it was played but I wondered if Vardy & Ulloa were actually too similar in some ways (as in wanting to spearhead the attack).

Definitely not worth writing off yet, but I've just got this sneaking suspicion it won't be the dream partnership we're all hoping for.

Nah not writing it off. I just think that playing a conventional forward line in the Premiership (ie 4-4-2) just seems to be fairly easy to play against unless you're Liverpool or Man City and need to play against teams that 'park the bus'.

Nugent allows us to play 4-4-1-1. it's a more defensive formation - which we'll need this season.

Archived