Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

But he was our top scorer last season.

Nah not writing it off. I just think that playing a conventional forward line in the Premiership (ie 4-4-2) just seems to be fairly easy to play against unless you're Liverpool or Man City and need to play against teams that 'park the bus'.

Nugent allows us to play 4-4-1-1. it's a more defensive formation - which we'll need this season.

It must be a headache for Pearson

Some of you fail to see any of the points I am making.

I have not blamed Nugent for the result, I have simply said that he was very poor, again.

My criticism for the defeat lies at the door of both Kasper (Indecision for the first goal, dodgy set up of the wall for the second and also bad positioning) and NP (Burnley were getting more and more control of the game, an extra midfielder was needed not nugent).

Nugent is arguably our second most senior player at this level, behind konchesky. Yet konch who looked shaky at times last year has been superb, nuge has been extremely poor.

Gwerks stop attention seeking, stop looking to blame people for poor team performances and 'support' your team!  How can you blame Kasper for the 2nd goal? Watch the replay and it is as clear as day the wall did not do its job! If you are looking for a scapegoat then Drinkwater is your man, he did not jump! DROP HIM!

Sort it out lad, stop being so pissing negative and realise that individuals can't always be blamed for poor performances! I remember hearing people slating Drinky at times for being negative 2 seasons ago, James for being too slow, Knockaert for doing too much on the ball and of course 'Pearson out!'

Not all players are on top form all of the time, get over it!

• 2 weeks later...

Grewks is right here. As said in other threads, he and Vardy were almost a breath of fresh air. We carved out so many passes for Nugent down the right. Some crosses were poor, some were just well blocked. Even the best crossers of the ball won't have 100% success rate but today Nugent could and should have found one of our players given the amount of opportunities he had to do so. 

The only thing that frustrated me about Nugent, and other players actually, is when we come inside or got into dangerous positions we just launched the ball aimlessly into the six yard box. At least Mahrez would be looking to take players on, or even provide a different type of cross such as across the ground.

Think the people who criticise Nugent are the ones who have spent their entire life watching and judging on the things that get recorded in the stats columns. 

Vardy said a few weeks back that Nugent is one of the reasons he has looked good in the past 14 months. He says that Nuge is one of the cleverest footballers he's come across. Its not necessarily the goals he scores that he brings to the side, but the runs he makes which create countless opportunities for other players. A lot of players do it and get criticised for not scoring enough or whatever. I don't think he should be the first name on the teamsheet, but I don't think that he's as useless as people here are saying. 

I personally think we have missed him early on in the games against Burnley and Newcastle, he's one of them that brings out the best in other players instead of shining himself.

Playing poorly is one thing...

Giving the ball away is one thing....

But being the most experienced player on the pitch who isn't in a defensive position, and shying away from the ball is embarassing.

De laet was giving the ball away, as was drinkwater, ulloa etc...but they continued to get on the ball and try something. Nuge just left everybody to get on with it and offered nothing.

There wasn't a single positive from his performance again, and his constant arguing with the ref is embarassing.

Playing poorly is one thing...

Giving the ball away is one thing....

But being the most experienced player on the pitch who isn't in a defensive position, and shying away from the ball is embarassing.

De laet was giving the ball away, as was drinkwater, ulloa etc...but they continued to get on the ball and try something. Nuge just left everybody to get on with it and offered nothing.

There wasn't a single positive from his performance again, and his constant arguing with the ref is embarassing.

lol  He was terrible today. Started off well defensively but then decided he couldn't be bothered to track Sigurdsson costing us the opening goal and he was so slow in possession. Its been like watching him from the 2nd half of the 2012/2013 season recently.

Though, Nugent was non-existent today. Not sure about 'his constant arguing with the ref' though.

not involved at all today. hard to say he did much wrong because he literally didn't do anything... 

Exactly.

He hides away, takes no responsibility for a player who has more experience up there than any other player in our side.

Exactly.

He hides away, takes no responsibility for a player who has more experience up there than any other player in our side.

could we not say the same for ulloa and for vardy? ulloa hasn't had a shot since the united game! mahrez was the only one who tried to do anything today, it's not just nugent. i would, however, be surprisd if we see him again for a good few games. 

Archived