Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

OK. Yesterday I was in the response car coming out of the ambulance exit at the LRI, not on blue lights or anything, but I had a green traffic light in my favour. As I moved forward, a cyclist shot across from the right, obviously having jumped his red light. Not even a glance in my direction or any kind of acknowledgement of my presence on the road. He was also wearing earphones. :thumbdown:

Well he is a jeb end. 

I didn't say to go through all red lights. I only go through when its clear or go through and sit in front of the white line.

23 hours ago, Parafox said:

OK. Yesterday I was in the response car coming out of the ambulance exit at the LRI, not on blue lights or anything, but I had a green traffic light in my favour. As I moved forward, a cyclist shot across from the right, obviously having jumped his red light. Not even a glance in my direction or any kind of acknowledgement of my presence on the road. He was also wearing earphones. :thumbdown:

If you’d hit him it would have been the shortest drive to a job ever. 

• Haha 1

Just had an utter tool drive straight in front of me, turning off a main road and onto a side road, leading to a collision at around 5mph tops. Tool jnr (who I assume was his son) then took some photos whilst looking gormlessly towards me.  

We both pulled up around the corner to exchange details and decided that there was no real damage and wasn't worth pursuing, got back into our vehicles and he then deliberately reversed into my car as quickly as he could and then drove off.  

Looking forward to receiving a call/letter in future for some ridiculous claim from Tool and Tool Jnr. The second incident took place directly outside a restaurant and I asked a gentleman there if they had CCTV, he confirmed that they do and took my number so hopefully something will come of that.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Just had an utter tool drive straight in front of me, turning off a main road and onto a side road, leading to a collision at around 5mph tops. Tool jnr (who I assume was his son) then took some photos whilst looking gormlessly towards me.  

We both pulled up around the corner to exchange details and decided that there was no real damage and wasn't worth pursuing, got back into our vehicles and he then deliberately reversed into my car as quickly as he could and then drove off.  

Looking forward to receiving a call/letter in future for some ridiculous claim from Tool and Tool Jnr. The second incident took place directly outside a restaurant and I asked a gentleman there if they had CCTV, he confirmed that they do and took my number so hopefully something will come of that.  

Fingers crossed for you, I really hope they don’t prosper from such a low act.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Fingers crossed for you, I really hope they don’t prosper from such a low act.

Cheers! Without meaning to cast assertions, they both just absolutely looked the type to do exactly that. Particularly how quick the son was to take photos and how quick the chap was to head off without exchanging details. 

The first part was the kind of nonsense that happens on a daily basis, some idiot driving out when they shouldn't, but i'm still shocked at the deliberate reversing part. 

1 minute ago, David Guiza said:

Cheers! Without meaning to cast assertions, they both just absolutely looked the type to do exactly that. Particularly how quick the son was to take photos and how quick the chap was to head off without exchanging details. 

The first part was the kind of nonsense that happens on a daily basis, some idiot driving out when they shouldn't, but i'm still shocked at the deliberate reversing part. 

Hopefully the restaurant will come through for you, I know exactly what you mean by”the type” good luck anyway.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

Maybe it was someone who read your posts on here and wanted to put you straight ????!!!!

(Only joking, hope you get it sorted without too much trouble)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, David Guiza said:

I had somebody reverse into my parked car at the Enderby P&R site last year. I applied to the council for CCTV coverage and they basically said that unless either the police or a solicitor got in touch with them, then due to data protection restrictions all they could provide me with was stills of my own car with the identification of all other cars removed (plus I would have had to pay for this wonderful privilege). Christ, for all the use that would be, I might as well take a feckin' picture of my own car. Good luck with the restaurant, but I daresay they could be opening themselves up to prosecution if they provide you with anything remotely useful.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Uranyl Yellow said:

I had somebody reverse into my parked car at the Enderby P&R site last year. I applied to the council for CCTV coverage and they basically said that unless either the police or a solicitor got in touch with them, then due to data protection restrictions all they could provide me with was stills of my own car with the identification of all other cars removed (plus I would have had to pay for this wonderful privilege). Christ, for all the use that would be, I might as well take a feckin' picture of my own car. Good luck with the restaurant, but I daresay they could be opening themselves up to prosecution if they provide you with anything remotely useful.

Cheers for that!

Expected that it would get nowhere, but thought it best to ask them in case it does go further.

I'm not too bothered about my car as there's little to no damage, I'm more concerned about getting fleased by some douchebag.

Decided to cycle to work this morning as it’s always an adventure, had my lights on, notice a bin wagon parked up further ahead on the opposite side of the road, I assume there’s going to be plenty of cars wanting to get around it and I need to turn right down a side road, nothing behind me so I signal right and move into the middle of the road next thing a car comes around the bin wagon fully on the wrong side of the road with a worker shouting at him and then he’s directly in front of me on the wrong side of the road, instead of stopping and apologising he continues to drive on along my inside on the opposite side of the road to where he should be, obviously I’m now gesticulating to him and he just drives along and paps me 😊

So i passed years ago, but only recently got my own car and drive around the place. So i stall it occasionally, and it's bloody annoying the amount of people i have blasting their horn or taking the earliest chance to cut me up and get in front. 

Like I'm not stalling on purpose and I'm not a slow driver, just people being arseholes

Driving to work this morning and some bloody new driver who’s probably only been driving one year and looks like a Uni student decides to stall in front of me. 

I think he did it on purpose! 

Gave him what for on my horn!!!!! 

Edited by Mickey O'Neil
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

Driving to work this morning and some bloody new driver who’s probably only been driving one year and looks like a Uni student decides to stall in front of me. 

Sounds like a proper tosser, hope you showed him the finger as well :D

• Haha 2

Was late for work this morning because some twat had decided to drive through barriers and into a trench that Severn Trent had been digging on Bardon Road in Coalville. I mean how the **** do you manage that?

I had left early to accommodate the delay, but getting across Loughborough lately is lottery. Some days its 5-10 minutes, today it was half an hour to get from the train station to Epinal Way.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

So i passed years ago, but only recently got my own car and drive around the place. So i stall it occasionally, and it's bloody annoying the amount of people i have blasting their horn or taking the earliest chance to cut me up and get in front. 

Like I'm not stalling on purpose and I'm not a slow driver, just people being arseholes

14 hours ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

14 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Sounds like a proper tosser, hope you showed him the finger as well :D

• Haha 1

1) On the M1 and tw@ts in front of me decide to emergency brake with stationary traffic in front of them as they were not paying attention. Fault possibly with the discovery driver at the front of the two because he appeared not to be paying attention later on. I had left sufficient space.

2) tw@t behind me on a50 up my arse at the speed limit in a line of traffic with me giving the appropriate stopping distance in front. They stop I stop, I have to stop braking to go closer to the car in front to prevent tw@t rear ending me.

3)biggest tw@t (this is a cracker) on a50 heading towards m1. At roundabout after uttox with a bus stop just after. Pulls in to bus stop without indicating and then stops. Then pulls out whilst indicating thinking he has right of way forcing me to take evasive action. 

Yesterday on my way to the LRI, driving down London Road from Vicky Park where the council have spent thousands putting in a safe cycle route, a guy on a bike was riding on the pavement, weaving among the pedestrians. He was immediately next to the said safe cycle lane. It's beyond reason.

Also, not quite on the roads, I saw a man with an umbrella that had been destroyed by the wind, dump it on the pavement right next to a big council public waste bin. WTF... laziness.

It's not especially wet or icy in Cambridge yet every other vehicle seems to be stuck around the 20 mark tonight, getting home once off the M11 and then later driving to the shops and back was needlessly painful.  I even saw one person step on their brakes approaching a speed camera when they and the column of traffic behind them weren't even close to 30 let alone enough fast enough to set off a camera.  Beggars belief.

Thought I'd have a whine about the two idiots who wound me up last week

• Foxhunter going towards the City. I'm in the merge in turn lane and some idiot storms up and squeezes me out rather than letting me actually merge in. Went mental at him and thought he was brake checking me. He ended up having a barney with an Audi driver. Not sure if they saw what he'd done to me or if he'd upset him because he was essentially straddling both lanes he left it that late to shove in as I was trying to merge.
  • Sainsbury's roundabout junction, turning right onto the B4114 and the imbecile in the right-hand lane (which turns into the P&R lane) literally just saunters over into my lane as the roundabout ends. No signalling and about 1ft from by bonnet. Not even a flicker of thanks, apology, nothing, like he doesn't know what day of the week it is.

I feel like I should just be thankful for having had the fortune to share the road with them, I guess.