Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

The two morons who were cycling in the middle of the ring road pulling wheelies every 10 yards.

Complete and utter Darwin Award candidates and yet if a driver had hit them and killed them, I can only imagine the outcry and the mountain of flower bouquets tied to nearby railings.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 16:01, Trav Le Bleu said:

The two morons who were cycling in the middle of the ring road pulling wheelies every 10 yards.

Complete and utter Darwin Award candidates and yet if a driver had hit them and killed them, I can only imagine the outcry and the mountain of flower bouquets tied to nearby railings.

Yes, Then the school teacher saying what bright students they was. Everyone liked them etc.

Driving up a fairly steep hill earlier, my cars only a 1litre engine so chugs up it. This Porsche 4×4 comes steaming up behind me, before deciding the minute delay was too much and went to overtake on a corner and cuts back dead in front of me. 

Being able to drive isn't the hard part of driving, it's avoiding the other twats on the road that's the hard part 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Being able to drive isn't the hard part of driving, it's avoiding the other twats on the road that's the hard part 

This is the exact reason I've (still) not learnt to drive yet, aged 26. Aced the theory (then it lapsed) and no question that I could easily do the actual driving part on roads where everyone behaves as they're expected to. But that's not the world we live in, and the thought of having to be aware and reactionary to those aforementioned twats is what sets off my anxiety and has stopped me getting behind a wheel thus far... 

5 hours ago, Xen said:

This is the exact reason I've (still) not learnt to drive yet, aged 26. Aced the theory (then it lapsed) and no question that I could easily do the actual driving part on roads where everyone behaves as they're expected to. But that's not the world we live in, and the thought of having to be aware and reactionary to those aforementioned twats is what sets off my anxiety and has stopped me getting behind a wheel thus far... 

In all honesty it isn't as bad as we make it out to be. You have the odd idiot, but normally that's not an issue as you're being a bit sensible especially at first. 

Have to say I used to get nervous and worry a bit before driving, but as you get better that goes and you become more confident. 

Understand me saying that doesn't particularly help. In a way it's similar to a forum, using it yourself is perfectly fine, its knowing who to avoid and not bother getting into an argument with, which gets easier with time

There's nothing worse than being the passenger in a car of someone who simply cannot drive, but you don't like you can tell them to get a grip. I went to Leeds the other day and my god the driver I was with was woeful. For some reason, they thought that when you slowed down, you didn't need to put the clutch down, which consequently made the car on the verge of stalling, something a learner driver would do, hogging the middle lane and also whenever there was a hint of traffic, just getting their phone out and texting. I know the answer is for me just to grow some balls and ask them what the fvck their doing.

• Like 4

Middle lane hogging on the motorway. Honestly it winds me up far more than it probably should. But the number of people who don't seem to understand basic driving skills astounds me almost daily. 

Oh and the people who have decided it's ok to jump the queue for Fosse Park going towards Pork Pie and then turn left at the lights, blocking the way for the people turning right from the opposite direction. 

Idiots, absolutely every single one of them 

• Like 1

Guy in a white bmw sitting in the 2nd lane about 5 car lengths behind me for a couple of miles even though I'm travelling a fixed speed with empty road both ahead and behind me in the 1st lane and he clearly isn't overtaking me so he doesn't need to be in that lane. We get to a bit of traffic so I pull over to pass and end up at the back of a line slowly passing the lorries.  I'm following at a safe distance and this slowdown allows the white bmw to finally catch up to me and he starts tailgating as though I have any choice in our speed of travel. I don't bother pulling back in when we reach a short gap on the left because we're still in the line of slowvertakers so there's nothing to be gained but this bmw floors it up my inside then cuts into the safe stopping gap in front of me.  When I reach my exit he's still just one car ahead of me.  Prat.

On 31/12/2019 at 12:08, Ian Nacho said:

There's nothing worse than being the passenger in a car of someone who simply cannot drive, but you don't like you can tell them to get a grip. I went to Leeds the other day and my god the driver I was with was woeful. For some reason, they thought that when you slowed down, you didn't need to put the clutch down, which consequently made the car on the verge of stalling, something a learner driver would do, hogging the middle lane and also whenever there was a hint of traffic, just getting their phone out and texting. I know the answer is for me just to grow some balls and ask them what the fvck their doing.

Or get a lift with Peter Kay. He seems to be always concentrating on his driving.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjq-ObGhePmAhXuShUIHYMoDCsQwqsBMAN6BAgKEA4&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DUV7xUhk5T7o&usg=AOvVaw284TzWgvBA-IENB75u28ix

On 31/12/2019 at 15:53, Carl the Llama said:

Guy in a white bmw sitting in the 2nd lane about 5 car lengths behind me for a couple of miles even though I'm travelling a fixed speed with empty road both ahead and behind me in the 1st lane and he clearly isn't overtaking me so he doesn't need to be in that lane. We get to a bit of traffic so I pull over to pass and end up at the back of a line slowly passing the lorries.  I'm following at a safe distance and this slowdown allows the white bmw to finally catch up to me and he starts tailgating as though I have any choice in our speed of travel. I don't bother pulling back in when we reach a short gap on the left because we're still in the line of slowvertakers so there's nothing to be gained but this bmw floors it up my inside then cuts into the safe stopping gap in front of me.  When I reach my exit he's still just one car ahead of me.  Prat.

He has a BMW. Nuff said

swear every time i've driven between home and my ma's house this christmas there's been them fu cking signs on the m62 flashing saying "hazard" or "queue" and then saying 60, 50, 40 down to 30 for about 2 miles, so every cu nt slows down to walking pace, then the next sign just says "end". 

there is no queue, there is no hazard. so annoying. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

swear every time i've driven between home and my ma's house this christmas there's been them fu cking signs on the m62 flashing saying "hazard" or "queue" and then saying 60, 50, 40 down to 30 for about 2 miles, so every cu nt slows down to walking pace, then the next sign just says "end". 

there is no queue, there is no hazard. so annoying. 

Or there is and it's been cleared up - the traffic is slowed down to give the relevant services time (with less traffic speeding by) to clear whatever the hazard is/was.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Or there is and it's been cleared up - the traffic is slowed down to give the relevant services time (with less traffic speeding by) to clear whatever the hazard is/was.

nah, everyone slows down for 2 miles then speeds back up again. for no reason. 

7 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Does your model come with working indicators? They seem to be really rare on BMW's

That's the one. 

Just for the record I'm no BMW fan boy. 

So many 'drivers' don't indicate on the roads, whilst driving a variety of cars with different badges on them. But people only notice the BMW's. 

I think there's a bit of confirmation bias going on & I genuinely don't understand why? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Barrowblue said:

That's the one. 

Just for the record I'm no BMW fan boy. 

So many 'drivers' don't indicate on the roads, whilst driving a variety of cars with different badges on them. But people only notice the BMW's. 

I think there's a bit of confirmation bias going on & I genuinely don't understand why? 

On my journey to work and back it's definitely the BMW's that show themselves up as complete tits, with outstanding disregard for other motorists. Although lately it seems that Audi drivers are trying to impersonate them. 

Maybe I'm just unlucky on my journey, but 95% of the twats I see are in BMW's 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

On my journey to work and back it's definitely the BMW's that show themselves up as complete tits, with outstanding disregard for other motorists. Although lately it seems that Audi drivers are trying to impersonate them. 

Maybe I'm just unlucky on my journey, but 95% of the twats I see are in BMW's 

Blimey, that's quite a damning statistic.

15 hours ago, Barrowblue said:

I never understood the bitching about BMW drivers. 

Had a beemer for 9 months now & still don't see what the beef is about. 

Typecast by the many arrogant beemer owners (actually probably company cars or leased, rather than owned).

I'm on the M69, I'm in the middle lane, I've just overtaken the guy in the left hand lane and I'm ready to move into the left lane. The guy behind me decides he wants to get by me, but instead of overtaking me, using the totally clear right lane, he decides to undertake me. Very strange some people.