Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

7 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Lorries overtaking lorries on roads such as the m42. Also just the m42 in general.

Was driving to Luton airport one time and the motorway had been closed so we had to divert down a dual carraige way there's 2 lorries in the left lane and I'm coming down the right as I'm going past the lorry at the back it all of a sudden indicates right and starts turning in just as we are approaching the front end of it it was inches from taking the car out you could smell the engine fumes .. can't stand lorries one terrible drivers think they own the road

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Was driving to Luton airport one time and the motorway had been closed so we had to divert down a dual carraige way there's 2 lorries in the left lane and I'm coming down the right as I'm going past the lorry at the back it all of a sudden indicates right and starts turning in just as we are approaching the front end of it it was inches from taking the car out you could smell the engine fumes .. can't stand lorries one terrible drivers think they own the road

Yeah they seem to think it's OK to indicate and then pull out regardless of who is in the way. 

Had a mare on Sunday driving to Chesterfield.

At the M1/M69 roundabout at Junction 21, approaching from Fosse Park to go onto the M1 N, car on my right entered my lane and completely cut me up, had to slam my breaks on. Then put their hazards on as a sorry gesture, then when they went to turn onto the M69, cut across lanes to the right again.  How the **** they passed their test I dont know.

Then 5 mins later, on the M1, car on the lane next to the hard shoulder was swaying all over the place. Half in the hard shoulder, half in lane,  then quickly turn back into lane and repeat.  When I went past, they was just casually holding their phone up to their face, texting away.

Then another 10 mins or so later, a car sat in the middle lane doing no more than 55-60, with the left lane completely clear. Overtook him and looked in the rear view, he caused a queue of cars in the middle lane with the closest behind flashing him to move over, to no avail. What a pr**.

AND THEN.. A Fiesta ST was doing around 100, weaving in & out, overtaking and undertaking, having to break heavily when they couldnt get through. Could have easily caused an accident.

Missus to me in the car earlier:

"Yesterday when I left fosse park it was really bad joining the M1 as people were doing 30mph in front of me. Its scary and stupid  joining at that speed so why do people do it. Its not the first time either I've seen them do it"

Its been raised on here before and it has been raised again. People at that junction need reminding they are joining the motorway.

(I've once seen someone drive up at less than 30, stop and indicate...)

• Like 1

On two occasions this week I've been following vehicles that have decided to stop on the main road and let another vehicle cross over our path to turn into a side street when there is absolutely no need to stop and give way at all.  Part of me says they deserve someone up their backside with such a ridiculous sense of being overly polite.  Someone unaware could easily continue into the back of someone doing this. 

Should this happen on one's driving test, what's the position?  Major fault?  A minor?  It's dangerous driving and it's wound me up this week!

2 hours ago, adam1 said:

The best bit about this story is when the old lady waves at the emergency services as she's wheeled to the ambulance

On 06/02/2020 at 22:51, Legend_in_blue said:

On two occasions this week I've been following vehicles that have decided to stop on the main road and let another vehicle cross over our path to turn into a side street when there is absolutely no need to stop and give way at all.  Part of me says they deserve someone up their backside with such a ridiculous sense of being overly polite.  Someone unaware could easily continue into the back of someone doing this. 

Should this happen on one's driving test, what's the position?  Major fault?  A minor?  It's dangerous driving and it's wound me up this week!

Depends if they slow down or come to an abrupt halt.

Not to have a go at them, because they're just doing a job, but my god do lorries get on my tits. The other morning I pulled up behind a lorry going slow (virtually stopped) on a hill and thought there isn't normally traffic at this time in the morning, just slowed down and because he was barely moving I put my handbrake on. Anyway turns out there was no traffic at all, it literally took him 2-3 minutes to get up a hill which would normally take 20 seconds. And of course he went the exact same way I was going. Just pure impatience on my side, but still irritating.

Approaching the street where I live, to turn right into it. There's an ambulance parked on the opposite side of the road, right on the corner. Not a problem with them parking anywhere btw. Theres two cars pulling up behind the ambulance to let me past but in doing so block the entrance to my street, so I indicate and let them go. When they've gone there's a decent gap to the next car so I pass the ambulance and still indicating right. The next car, a taxi, then proceeds to drive right up behind the ambulance, blocking my street, and then I'm blocking his route round the parked ambulance. He just looked over a pulled a stupid smile. It was pretty obvious what was happening, why not just hold back and let me turn? ****ing idiot. 

57 minutes ago, Fox1970 said:

Dozy drivers mumbling along at 50 on a national speed limit road, you start to overtake and then they suddenly wake up and accelerate.

Complete arses. 

Massive proliferation of people doing 75% of any speed limit anywhere. Really ****s me off

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fox1970 said:

Dozy drivers mumbling along at 50 on a national speed limit road, you start to overtake and then they suddenly wake up and accelerate.

Complete arses. 

3 hours ago, somebum said:

Massive proliferation of people doing 75% of any speed limit anywhere. Really ****s me off

Cue people saying: It's a limit, not a target.

Those people can get in the sea, too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Drivers who don't use bus lanes correctly.

If the signs say "24 hr bus lane" it's totally exclusive for buses, taxis, and cyclists all the time. If it says "Bus lane, between 0730-0930 (usually inbound) or 1630-1830 (usually outbound), Monday to Friday, it's a bus lane. Outside of these times, you can use it as a normal piece of road. Get in the frigging bus lane and show some awareness.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Parafox said:

Drivers who don't use bus lanes correctly.

If the signs say "24 hr bus lane" it's totally exclusive for buses, taxis, and cyclists all the time. If it says "Bus lane, between 0730-0930 (usually inbound) or 1630-1830 (usually outbound), Monday to Friday, it's a bus lane. Outside of these times, you can use it as a normal piece of road. Get in the frigging bus lane and show some awareness.

Saffron Lane?