Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

14 hours ago, Parafox said:

Drivers who don't use bus lanes correctly.

If the signs say "24 hr bus lane" it's totally exclusive for buses, taxis, and cyclists all the time. If it says "Bus lane, between 0730-0930 (usually inbound) or 1630-1830 (usually outbound), Monday to Friday, it's a bus lane. Outside of these times, you can use it as a normal piece of road. Get in the frigging bus lane and show some awareness.

Happen as you head into loughborough off the A6 all the time.

1 hour ago, pds said:

Saffron Lane?

Yes, very much so, along the straight stretch near the old stadium in particular. And London Road, plus Leicester Road to and from Wigston. The signs are there but people just don't show any awareness or road sense.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Headlights need bloody regulating, number of times I'm almost fully blinded by ridiculously bright headlights is getting ridiculous. 

Adding to this.

Drivers parked up but facing oncoming traffic with headlights on.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Headlights need bloody regulating, number of times I'm almost fully blinded by ridiculously bright headlights is getting ridiculous. 

14 hours ago, Otis said:

Adding to this.

Drivers parked up but facing oncoming traffic with headlights on.

Absolutely does my head in, both of these. The number of times I've been about to pull out into traffic because the minutest bump in the road makes it look like the car approaching has flashed me. That and the fact that you can't see indicators, plus it sometimes looks like there's blue lights from a distance.

Take a look here: http://lightmare.org/

And this from the RAC: "Due to brightness of some modern-day headlights a worrying two-thirds of motorists (66%) say they now struggle to tell if oncoming lights are on full or dipped beam. In a situation after dark at a T-junction when waiting to pull out, 68% admitted to finding it difficult to tell whether or not some approaching vehicles had their indicators on due to the brightness of the headlights". 

Surely it's common sense to turn off headlights when parked facing oncoming traffic. Surely these people have had a similar experience themselves but, like so many drivers, they never seem to register any awareness on the roads.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Absolutely does my head in, both of these. The number of times I've been about to pull out into traffic because the minutest bump in the road makes it look like the car approaching has flashed me. That and the fact that you can't see indicators, plus it sometimes looks like there's blue lights from a distance.

Take a look here: http://lightmare.org/

And this from the RAC: "Due to brightness of some modern-day headlights a worrying two-thirds of motorists (66%) say they now struggle to tell if oncoming lights are on full or dipped beam. In a situation after dark at a T-junction when waiting to pull out, 68% admitted to finding it difficult to tell whether or not some approaching vehicles had their indicators on due to the brightness of the headlights". 

Surely it's common sense to turn off headlights when parked facing oncoming traffic. Surely these people have had a similar experience themselves but, like so many drivers, they never seem to register any awareness on the roads.

Last night for decent portions I could barely check my mirrors without being completely dazzled, was worrying at times. 

Majority I guarantee were not dipped at all, does my head in as vast amounts are 4x4s who when there is crash seem to come out unscathed whereas me in my small car would get crushed 

Is it lack of awareness or genuine ignorance when people slow down to gawp at something? Chap on the Enderby Road slowing right down to 25 look at the works going on on that field for the entire stretch, and then just speeding back up to 40 when he'd had a good look. Not a care in the world for the cars behind.

29 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

People who only decide to indicate as they have started to move over happens to me a lot.

That's a personal favourite, it's like they think the indicators are there to let you know which direction their car is currently moving.  Very helpful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

That's a personal favourite, it's like they think the indicators are there to let you know which direction their car is currently moving.  Very helpful.

Slamming on their brakes before indicating as they turn off the road is a pet hate of mine.

• Like 1

On 27/02/2020 at 18:50, Wymsey said:

Most taxi drivers, as they seem to be the least competent of road users.

I was going to post about the incompetence of taxi drivers. Their reason for being is to drive. That's all they do all day/night and yet they're amongst the most ignorant, stupid, unaware and useless drivers on the roads. The number of times a taxi has obstructed me when on blues and when I go by them they look across as if I'm doing something wrong by expecting them to give way. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I was going to post about the incompetence of taxi drivers. Their reason for being is to drive. That's all they do all day/night and yet they're amongst the most ignorant, stupid, unaware and useless drivers on the roads. The number of times a taxi has obstructed me when on blues and when I go by them they look across as if I'm doing something wrong by expecting them to give way. 

I made this very point to a taxi driver who had left his car bang in the middle of 2 parking spots by the train station in Cambridge.  I was taking a pic to send to a friend and he comes running out of a cafe to have a go at me so I just point out that as a professional driver he should probably be capable of better parking and his response was, verbatim, "what do you mean I'm a professional driver?"  Says it all really.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Haha 1

Pulled into the petrol station today and followed another car in. Only 2 bowsers for a left hand side full, no one there and the dick stops and starts filling up at the back one! 
I was bloody furious, just move forward a couple of metres and we can both fill up. Bloody bell end.

• Like 3

Guest Harrydc
On 22/02/2020 at 10:09, Facecloth said:

Happen as you head into loughborough off the A6 all the time.

But on the other hand you get people using the outside lane outside of these times on that road as well 

11 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

But on the other hand you get people using the outside lane outside of these times on that road as well 

Well you can use both lanes outside the times, that's the point being made. The one on the A6 is 0730 to 0930, yet if you drive down there at any other time of the day, the bus lane is often clear and everyone is in the outside pane.

Starting to become a pet hate...

When joining the A50 from Anstey (Groby lane), cars stop and wait for the road to clear before crossing to the lane they want. 

They have ample time to join the first lane and then filter across.

3 hours ago, Walkers said:

Bit off topic but does anyone have any experience of AA Car insurance? Only ever been with Aviva and Admiral but AA have appeared about £40 cheaper. Any good? Never knew they did insurance in truth lol

I was with AA a few years back. They lured me in with a great quote before bumping it up next year.

I think they gave me breakdown cover for free however i never needed it so could be mistaken.

Just my opinion but if they are the cheapest option then get on it.

• Like 1