Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

I have made a promise to myself that I will no longer get angry about other road users' incompetence or selfishness.

lol

I was driving along a dual lane, 30mph separated roadway and I saw a car up ahead had pulled in to a stop on the left hand lane of the dual carriageway, but was indicating right.

There are no turnings to turn right into, and the carriageways are separated by a raised area you couldn't drive over without damaging your car, so I slowed down, half wondering if the car's right indicator was on by accident.

No.

The elderly lady performed a three point turn, causing me to have to come to a stop.

She then drove along the outside lane of the dual carriageway, going past me in the wrong direction.

She had missed her turn on the left and couldn't be bothered driving around to come back to it, so broke the law and put me to inconvenience, if not in outright danger, so she could get to her turning.

I didn't get angry, but I may have gesticulated and used my horn to warn her of the danger of her manoeuvre.   :ph34r:

Amazing, staggering selfishness and disregard for the rules of the road.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I had no idea how shitty people treat learner drivers on the road lol

That's because it seems like no learner driver actually has any basic skills or knowledge.

It's like they haven't even considered that learning to drive was coming up on them and decided to do nothing about that fact.

That or the instructors insist that they go round a corner as slow as possible I mean like do you want me to get out and push you round it slow. 

Driving between Queni and Leicester is painful, it's like every other car is a learner and they are only allowed to do 15mph lol

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I had no idea how shitty people treat learner drivers on the road lol

I think this is just like any other thing in life though. We all start out ourselves at something and by the time you become good/experienced at it you take it for granted and treat those who were previously in that position like crap.

If it's any consolation if they're doing that with learner drivers than they're likely doing it to any other car they consider to be getting in their way or slowing them down. It's definitely not just you.

12 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I find myself indicating even when there are no other cars about.

Bit sad probably but not the worst habit to have.

I drive a BMW and I do this. I’m obviously a rare breed. 

• Like 1

Entering Gretna Services yesterday. 

I almost ran into the back of a stupid selfish bint in a 4x4 reversing onto the NB slip road that I was coming off, because she had taken the wrong option at the end of the slip road and wanted to change her mind by reversing and doing it again, rather than taking about 2 minutes to drive round the Services and take the correct route.

Jeebus.

:mad:

Not today, but on Monday, some guy was trying to thump a lift on the A47 half way between Billesdon and Houghton-on-the-Hill. It's a 2-lane road and everyone driving along there tanks along. Stopping on that bit of road would be like dicing with death - a small detail that the would-be hitch-hiker seemed not to realise.

I’m finding more and more cars lately doing about 10-15mph under the speed limit and taking about 5 seconds to pull off from a green light, whilst leaving huge gaps in between the car in front of them. Drives me nuts!

• Like 3

A50 past county hall heading towards leicester.

Car pulling out of County Hall.

I indicate and move from lane 1 into lane 2 to allow them to come out. 

They are slow.... and then go straight into lane 2.

I had to swerve around them. 

What a tw@.

• 4 weeks later...

Reviving this as it's not been in action since the lockdown!

I've got a new running route through New Lubbesthorpe and what the hell is wrong with drivers plonking their car in the middle of the road to go over the speed humps? The hump covers the whole road, consistent hump wherever you go over it. My lord, the amount of people who sit their car bang in the middle of both lanes to saunter down the straight.

Baffling.

9 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I've got a new running route through New Lubbesthorpe and what the hell is wrong with drivers plonking their car in the middle of the road to go over the speed humps? The hump covers the whole road, consistent hump wherever you go over it. My lord, the amount of people who sit their car bang in the middle of both lanes to saunter down the straight.

Baffling.

Get's my blood boiling. And those that I'm behind who drive so slowly over them, I have to drop to first gear. It's like they're driving over a potential landmine.

37 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Get's my blood boiling. And those that I'm behind who drive so slowly over them, I have to drop to first gear. It's like they're driving over a potential landmine.

Yehhh how Dare they drive so slow,when driving over a SPEED hump..!!

7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yehhh how Dare they drive so slow,when driving over a SPEED hump..!!

I mean, like 5 mph. Speed bumps are designed to be safe to drive over at 20 mph. It's generally old people in Mazdas ot Micras or Hyundais

42 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I mean, like 5 mph. Speed bumps are designed to be safe to drive over at 20 mph. It's generally old people in Mazdas ot Micras or Hyundais

You ever tried going over a speed bump at 20mph in a micra? Especially those shite ones that don't stretch the whole road so don't effect anything big but absolute **** up little cars.

Your head hits the roof ffs. lol

11 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Baffling.

I live here, the humps are softer in the middle it’s undeniable. The road is convex to take the rain run off but the humps are straight, so the road to the hump is steeper on the edges. Therefore it impacts your vehicle less directly in the middle of the road.

58 minutes ago, Parafox said:

If kids run out older disabled people walk out  ,or Animals suddenly Appear or Jump out,

you might be Happy that those older folks were driving 5-10mph.

Surely It would be prudent to Concentrate more on the road, and your present  enviroment, more than worry about somebody driving slow,

where the Councils have Layed out Speed humps/bumps..!!

Edited by fuchsntf