Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

24 minutes ago, stix said:

I’ve probably mentioned it on here before but pricks who straddle the fvcking filter lane. Normally old cantankerous blokes who should have hung up their driving gloves years ago

Yep, this is something I see most days too, coming off Pork Pie going towards Soar Valley Way. All it achieves is it restricts the traffic on green lights at the roundabout holding up plenty of people who could otherwise have filtered in nicely. 

As someone who drives an old Ford and doesn’t give enough of a sh!t to probably ever buy a BMW, is this whole ‘BMW drivers’ schtick not a confirmation bias? 

It’s been around as long as I remember and from what I see on the road it’s as likely to be a up-their-arse middle class BMW driver as it is a scrote in a beat up Corsa or Fiesta. I just treat most other road users as potential dangers and get on fine.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Even worse is when they're doing it in the 3rd lane of a 4 lane section. WHY?

It's generally mystifying this, and there's no obvious pattern to who offends. All groups and demographics are represented - the one thing they have in common is probably just that they've switched off

22 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Even worse is when they're doing it in the 3rd lane of a 4 lane section. WHY?

It's generally mystifying this, and there's no obvious pattern to who offends. All groups and demographics are represented - the one thing they have in common is probably just that they've switched off

I genuinely think many people have absolutely no idea of how to drive on the motorway. I'm convinced that much of our motorway congestion would be reduced if people could just drive as they should 

Had a doozy today:  I got stuck behind 2 cars going ~50 on a national limit single carriageway which is normally a real pain but we weren't far from a point where the road splits into two lanes, albeit for a very brief stretch not even half a mile long (you can probably already guess where this is going).  When we reached that stretch and I tried to go around they both welded their feet to the floors of their cars, I nearly got up to 80mph for goodness sake before I had to pull back awkwardly in between them at the merging point where obviously the lead car required a 10mph buffer to the speed limit once more.  Fortunately we hit a spot of empty road coming the other way shortly after so I took the opportunity to go around him, an act I consider it my good deed for the day because it clearly inspired in him the confidence to drive closer to 60 mph after all and he must have been keen for me to see his newfound talent because he made sure I got a very good view of it in my rear-view for the rest of the journey which was nice.

I appreciate the natural assumption here is that I must have done something to antagonise these guys but honestly they were just proper weirdos.

Edited by Carl the Llama
Forgot to mention: The lead culprit had a "children on board" decal on their boot window

9 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Had a doozy today:  I got stuck behind 2 cars going ~50 on a national limit single carriageway which is normally a real pain but we weren't far from a point where the road splits into two lanes, albeit for a very brief stretch not even half a mile long (you can probably already guess where this is going).  When we reached that stretch and I tried to go around they both welded their feet to the floors of their cars, I nearly got up to 80mph for goodness sake before I had to pull back awkwardly in between them at the merging point where obviously the lead car required a 10mph buffer to the speed limit once more.  Fortunately we hit a spot of empty road coming the other way shortly after so I took the opportunity to go around him, an act I consider it my good deed for the day because it clearly inspired in him the confidence to drive closer to 60 mph after all and he must have been keen for me to see his newfound talent because he made sure I got a very good view of it in my rear-view for the rest of the journey which was nice.

I appreciate the natural assumption here is that I must have done something to antagonise these guys but honestly they were just proper weirdos.

I hear you on that one, similarly a few weeks back there was a n*b dawdling along the 3rd lane on the M1 with nothing in the 2nd lane, of course I didn’t want to undertake him so I pulled out from the 2nd lane over to the 4th lane to get past, he must have been doing 60-65mph as I’d easily caught up with him but no, all of a sudden he’s flooring it for fun, I’m reaching 80mph and I’m not even close to overtaking at that speed.

Thankfully he soon caught up with the vehicles ahead so I managed to get past as he had no choice but to slow down but seriously, congrats your clapped out Ford Galaxy can reach the dizzy heights of 75mph+, incredible 👏🏼 😒 

If you cant be arsed to drive in the correct lane don’t act like a n*b when someone has to overtake you. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, E.Rose said:

I hear you on that one, similarly a few weeks back there was a n*b dawdling along the 3rd lane on the M1 with nothing in the 2nd lane, of course I didn’t want to undertake him so I pulled out from the 2nd lane over to the 4th lane to get past, he must have been doing 60-65mph as I’d easily caught up with him but no, all of a sudden he’s flooring it for fun, I’m reaching 80mph and I’m not even close to overtaking at that speed.

Thankfully he soon caught up with the vehicles ahead so I managed to get past as he had no choice but to slow down but seriously, congrats your clapped out Ford Galaxy can reach the dizzy heights of 75mph+, incredible 👏🏼 😒 

If you cant be arsed to drive in the correct lane don’t act like a n*b when someone has to overtake you. 

People are odd.

image.thumb.png.4c62e52ac6aceb279715523b347f45e2.png

So I'm coming up to this roundabout junction which I do every day. This is one entrance in to the village and there's another on the other side further up the A6 (going straight over the roundabout) However, going straight at this roundabout is not possible as the road has been shut while they relay it.

Turn left to go in to the village which is only for residents who live there and not allowed to be used as a cut-through to the other side of the A6 and to go onwards to Luton.

Now, that section of the A6 has been closed since July so traffic often backs up as you come up to this roundabout. I'm used to people coming up on the free right lane, going round the roundabout and then entering the village to stop waiting in to traffic.

What happened today though was I'm in the left lane about to enter the village then some douchebag in a Mercedes comes up on the right hand lane and tries to cut across me in to the village. The wankstain did not succeed but that for me counts as dangerous driving - being in the right lane and turning left lol. He then tailgates me through the village (obviously using it as a cut-through) and flashes his lights all the way through. Idiot lol 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Not quite the same, but many years ago I regularly used to drive an old Fiesta 950 on the A47 to Peterborough and back. I'd always hang back before overtaking on the odd bit of dual carriageway and let the obviously faster cars go before me. It could have taken me the whole stretch just for me to not quite make it 🙄

Today and every day, what annoys me on the roads is those stupid 'chicanes', i..e. those roads which just wide enough for two vehicles to pass, but which are made into single file. Examples are the bridge over the railway line in Kibworth and another one near Syston, both of which have traffic lights. Also, the newish one in Thurnby, very close to a T-junction. The planners seem intent on preventing free flow of traffic, wherever they possibly can.

54 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Today and every day, what annoys me on the roads is those stupid 'chicanes', i..e. those roads which just wide enough for two vehicles to pass, but which are made into single file. Examples are the bridge over the railway line in Kibworth and another one near Syston, both of which have traffic lights. Also, the newish one in Thurnby, very close to a T-junction. The planners seem intent on preventing free flow of traffic, wherever they possibly can.

Probably like the ones on Little Glen Road in Wigston, they drive me mad too. 

3 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

People who have decent cars but still drive at 50 on the motorway.

I hate when people drive slow in the first lane as they approach the junction (literally doing 50-60 on motorways) but don't get off at the junction anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I hate when people drive slow in the first lane as they approach the junction (literally doing 50-60 on motorways) but don't get off at the junction anyway. 

I hate the ones who drive at that speed in the middle lane more.

• Like 2