Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

2 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Popped to Costco today to get some fuel. I don't tend to go on a weekend as it's pretty busy but I thought I need some fuel and I don't mine queueing for 20 minutes. It took 3 and quarter hours... Won't be doing that again. 

I bet your tank was more full when you started queuing than when you left lol

That’s an insane amount of time.

Guest Sideshow Faes
On 25/11/2023 at 19:32, HighPeakFox said:

In winter I'm often driving on dark unlit roads. If I'm suddenly faced with traffic coming the other way I'm feeling increasingly like I cannot see the road properly. 

I definately feel that. You're almost guessing half the time.

On 25/11/2023 at 19:32, HighPeakFox said:

In winter I'm often driving on dark unlit roads. If I'm suddenly faced with traffic coming the other way I'm feeling increasingly like I cannot see the road properly. 

I have been avoiding driving in the dark for 3 years now because of this.

I remember these LED lights were causing concerns with the motoring organisations well before that.

Why isnt something being done about it?

I recall headlights being checked during the MOT in the past, to make sure they didnt dazzle other drivers.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

If you don't want to reverse 10 yards to allow me to pull forward and reverse into a non existant space to allow you to pass.... then you can get fckd if you think I am reversing 100 yards. 

Happy to sit and do my banking on my phone whilst waiting. Quite productive actually.

Was just driving over to the fiancées house precisely an hour ago. Coming from Packington into Ashby by David Hunts Soccer School/ Ashby Ivanhoe’s ground. This SEAT overtook me probably doing 50-60 in a 30. 

Driving like a total dickhead. To my surprise (not) I’ve found him in the ditch/field at the end of a sharp bend by Keller Constructions offices. 

Fortunately he wasn’t hurt, but he’s very lucky. So I was able to repeat the same words I uttered as he overtook me to his face (still trapped in his car 😂)

I was in two minds about calling 999 as he wasn’t hurt at all, and decided to ask him why he was driving like a ‘dangerous cnut’ 

He told me he was in a rush, to which I laughed and told him he wasn’t going anywhere fast now was he 😂

Then by pure coincidence an unmarked copper pulled over so I let him take over. 

Im not sure if my verbal evidence will be enough for a dangerous driving charge, but I hope it will be.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Was just driving over to the fiancées house precisely an hour ago. Coming from Packington into Ashby by David Hunts Soccer School/ Ashby Ivanhoe’s ground. This SEAT overtook me probably doing 50-60 in a 30. 

Driving like a total dickhead. To my surprise (not) I’ve found him in the ditch/field at the end of a sharp bend by Keller Constructions offices. 

Fortunately he wasn’t hurt, but he’s very lucky. So I was able to repeat the same words I uttered as he overtook me to his face (still trapped in his car 😂)

I was in two minds about calling 999 as he wasn’t hurt at all, and decided to ask him why he was driving like a ‘dangerous cnut’ 

He told me he was in a rush, to which I laughed and told him he wasn’t going anywhere fast now was he 😂

Then by pure coincidence an unmarked copper pulled over so I let him take over. 

Im not sure if my verbal evidence will be enough for a dangerous driving charge, but I hope it will be.

Living in Ashby I often see young lads driving like absolute maniacs. Idiots doing about 50mph on the road behind the bulls head for example. 

• Like 1

Just seen a driving instruction car with no passenger, therefore being driven by the instructor (or partner :dunno:) run a red light and I don't mean barely, I mean clearly, and thus become and obstruction to traffic from the other direction.

It beggars belief.

46 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Easily righted I hope.

If it’s the resistor, not too bad. Just hope it’s not the fan motor as lots of dismantling, although I’m not sure on the Octavia where the resistor is. Normally in the top of the footwell. 

1 hour ago, jgtuk said:

If it’s the resistor, not too bad. Just hope it’s not the fan motor as lots of dismantling, although I’m not sure on the Octavia where the resistor is. Normally in the top of the footwell. 

Heater stopped working in my Honda Civic a few years back. Decided to save myself a bit of cash and replace the resistor myself. Absolute ball-ache. It was in located in the passenger footwell below the glovebox so you've got to contort your body while looking upside down to do the job. Had to take so many bits off just just to see it and still it was hard to get at. Absolutely mutilated my hands. Finally did it and it did fix the heater but I'd probably take it to a garage and get someone else to do with the benefit of hindsight.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Heater stopped working in my Honda Civic a few years back. Decided to save myself a bit of cash and replace the resistor myself. Absolute ball-ache. It was in located in the passenger footwell below the glovebox so you've got to contort your body while looking upside down to do the job. Had to take so many bits off just just to see it and still it was hard to get at. Absolutely mutilated my hands. Finally did it and it did fix the heater but I'd probably take it to a garage and get someone else to do with the benefit of hindsight.

I am booked in for Thursday, I rather need my hands.

• Like 1