Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

On 05/01/2024 at 20:43, Legend_in_blue said:

The kerbs on Aylestone Road are a hazard to both cyclists and drivers alike.  Particularly so when driving home in dark and wet conditions.  They should be fitted with some reflectors at the very least.  Dangerous.

100% absolutely ridiculous decision to put these kerbs in, hated by motorists and cyclists alike. They’ve put bollards next to each kerb so people can actually see them. 

• Like 1

On 05/01/2024 at 20:43, Legend_in_blue said:

The kerbs on Aylestone Road are a hazard to both cyclists and drivers alike.  Particularly so when driving home in dark and wet conditions.  They should be fitted with some reflectors at the very least.  Dangerous.

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

100% absolutely ridiculous decision to put these kerbs in, hated by motorists and cyclists alike. They’ve put bollards next to each kerb so people can actually see them. 

When these were first installed I assumed they weren't finished yet and reflectors or luminous strips were going to be added but no, they've added bollards to make drivers aware they're there. Things like this make me seriously question what goes through the minds of some of our city council planners. What are they thinking? Did they just need to spend a few grand to max out their budget or did someone actually think they were a good idea? If they haven't already it won't be long before they have caused an accident.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cnt in a van. He was in a long queue of traffic. I was turning out of a side road in the opposite direction.

He has nowhere to go and is 10-20 yards from the junction. I pull out, he accelerates and tries to block me in. 

I'm having none of it and he ends up facing oncoming traffic as he swerves around me due to the fact that I love a game of chicken. 

Whats the fcking point. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, adam1 said:

Cnt in a van. He was in a long queue of traffic. I was turning out of a side road in the opposite direction.

He has nowhere to go and is 10-20 yards from the junction. I pull out, he accelerates and tries to block me in. 

I'm having none of it and he ends up facing oncoming traffic as he swerves around me due to the fact that I love a game of chicken. 

Whats the fcking point. 

He's in a van = Inferiority complex.

To anyone familiar with the new “5 ways” junction why do so many drivers get into the wrong lane when heading to either fosse rd (left lane) or Groby Road (middle and right) the amount of drivers that use the middle lane to go to Fosse Rd is crazy, cutting cars up because there is only room for 1 car heading into Fosse Rd.

Look at the clear road signs instead of being an idiot.

24 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

To anyone familiar with the new “5 ways” junction why do so many drivers get into the wrong lane when heading to either fosse rd (left lane) or Groby Road (middle and right) the amount of drivers that use the middle lane to go to Fosse Rd is crazy, cutting cars up because there is only room for 1 car heading into Fosse Rd.

Look at the clear road signs instead of being an idiot.

The old design of the junction was left lane woodgate, middle lane fosse road, right lane groby road/fosse road. then there was a merge in turn immediately to drop fosse road down to 1 lane. So it's probably people still thinking it's the old design, or approaching it, assuming left lane was left into woodgate so moving over, then remembering there is no left turn and panicking. So the council's expensive scheme to make the junction less confusing, is ironically enough, causing more confusion.

It's clear road signs Vs decades of habit of getting in the middle lane approaching the junction. Will take a while for people to get used to the new layout.

• Like 1

On 17/01/2024 at 09:51, adam1 said:

Whats the fcking point. 

Given the news surrounding why the M1 was closed and subsequent events, it puts everything in perspective.

Not today, and has probably been raised before in previous 195 pages!

Idiots travelling at 50-60 in second (middle of 3 lane) lane of a motorway when there is nothing in first lane. So to overtake necessary to pull out 2 lanes which should be required and makes driving more dangerous.

Guest David Oldfields Gate
24 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Not today, and has probably been raised before in previous 195 pages!

Idiots travelling at 50-60 in second (middle of 3 lane) lane of a motorway when there is nothing in first lane. So to overtake necessary to pull out 2 lanes which should be required and makes driving more dangerous.

Mate, this is like the story of my life. It's probably why there is so much undertaking now.

Not annoyed, just letting peeps know their was an accident on the Saffron Lane this morning down by the athletics stadium crossing, little old lady on a mobility scooter and it was still closed off as I got back from town.

On 18/01/2024 at 16:07, orangecity23 said:

The old design of the junction was left lane woodgate, middle lane fosse road, right lane groby road/fosse road. then there was a merge in turn immediately to drop fosse road down to 1 lane. So it's probably people still thinking it's the old design, or approaching it, assuming left lane was left into woodgate so moving over, then remembering there is no left turn and panicking. So the council's expensive scheme to make the junction less confusing, is ironically enough, causing more confusion.

It's clear road signs Vs decades of habit of getting in the middle lane approaching the junction. Will take a while for people to get used to the new layout.

From most confusing junction in Leicester to most confusing junction in Leicester 

every time I go down fosse road I know some idiot is going to try and cut into the lane 

Not so much annoyed me but scared me: driving back from Birmingham yesterday evening. I'm used to a bit of buffeting when driving in the motorway when it's windy but this was like the car being shoved forcefully to the side by a giant hand without warning.

There seemed to be far less HGVs than there usually are but a couple of times I could see their drivers having a right battle to keep control of them, they were snaking all over the shop.

Fortunately most people were driving pretty carefully, but I was very glad to get home

The 40mph speed limit on the A46 for several miles north of Six Hills, on both carriageways. At the weekend, some the signs said that the cameras were not in use, but nobody risked going any faster, even so. There were no workmen anywhere and no lane closures, and other signs helpfully explained that it was for the safety of drivers. Turning off this dead-straight dual carriageway onto narrow, winding country lanes meant one was then legally able to drive 20mph faster. So on my return journey, I took the fast route - using the narrow, winding country lanes.  

• Like 1

Not an annoyance, just a mystery. Yesterday on the M1 between Markfield and Toddington,  we were passed by at least 10 unmarked police cars over the journey, blues and twos on. Flew past and then disappeared. No one pulled over, no accidents, nothing. Its really not like Police Interceptors in real life. 

On 20/01/2024 at 11:26, ithuriel said:

Not annoyed, just letting peeps know 

On 22/01/2024 at 07:00, Bellend Sebastian said:

Not so much annoyed me but scared me:

9 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Not an annoyance, just a mystery. 

Maybe we need to change the thread title :giggle: 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Not an annoyance, just a mystery. Yesterday on the M1 between Markfield and Toddington,  we were passed by at least 10 unmarked police cars over the journey, blues and twos on. Flew past and then disappeared. No one pulled over, no accidents, nothing. Its really not like Police Interceptors in real life. 

Sale at Krispy Kreme.

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Driving through Coventry the other evening, the minute it gets dark and has rained, every old lane marking they've cheaply just covered over become as visible as the current ones. Absolutely pain to drive in 

Same in most towns. Certainly in Hinckley. Lane markings on major roads are barely visible. The A5/M69 is a joke.

4 minutes ago, adam1 said:

The M1 closed again. Can we just sack it off, get rid of it? It causes more of a nuisance then anything.:dunno:

On a bit of a bad run of late with closures.  Few weeks ago it was shut on two successive days sending the entire motorway traffic through the local towns.  Made it an absolute ballache to do the school run on those days as was practically gridlock.