Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Some muppet in his Espace on the A50 towards Groby/Markfield tonight right on my tail, already  65-70 and overtaking someone in a Hyundai.

Now if he hadn’t have been such a prat I would have pulled over in but as we’re hitting the average speed area I hang in there doing exactly 40 level with the guy inside of me, hey it’s the limit! 

Top of the hill there’s a queue for roadworks he pulls into the inside lane winds down his window and gives me the finger three times before pulling in front of the guy now in front of me.

The inside lane now obviously moves off quicker and he has to see two cars and a stobart lorry which were all behind him merge in front of him. Me and my mate are killing ourselves at this point.

I’m livid I can’t even think where he was at. 

1 minute ago, Livid said:

Some muppet in his Espace on the A50 towards Groby/Markfield tonight right on my tail, already  65-70 and overtaking someone in a Hyundai.

Now if he hadn’t have been such a prat I would have pulled over in but as we’re hitting the average speed area I hang in there doing exactly 40 level with the guy inside of me, hey it’s the limit! 

Top of the hill there’s a queue for roadworks he pulls into the inside lane winds down his window and gives me the finger three times before pulling in front of the guy now in front of me.

The inside lane now obviously moves off quicker and he has to see two cars and a stobart lorry which were all behind him merge in front of him. Me and my mate are killing ourselves at this point.

We know :thumbup:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, adam1 said:

Anstey nook roundabout. Lots of near misses. Someone almost went into me last night.

Coming from Stadon road. There are two lanes.

The left lane is for left and straight on.

The right lane is for right.

There are three exits.

1) Cropston road (left)

2) To Leicester

3) Bradgate Road (right).

Which lane do you need to be in to go to Leicester? Which lane do people always seem to go into?

Whoever's idea it was to put traffic lights on that 'roundabout' wants shooting. It worked much better before they were there. All it does now is cause mayhem by people blocking it because its not big enough to avoid blocking an exit if the lights change 

• Like 3

On 15/11/2023 at 20:48, NAKC20 said:

Whoever's idea it was to put traffic lights on that 'roundabout' wants shooting. It worked much better before they were there. All it does now is cause mayhem by people blocking it because its not big enough to avoid blocking an exit if the lights change 

I think the bus stop by Potters was the main culprit.  Now thats been moved its not as bad.

Lorry driver nearly wiping out a car on the a50/46 junction because he was in the wrong lane and cut across at nearly a 90 degree without any self awareness.

Then  nearly wiping out the same car when they realised they were in the wrong lane for the a46.

Then nearly wiping me out (emergency brake) when they decided to change lane when i was alongside (very near miss).

And again on a roundabout when they decided to cut across my lane. By this stage I was already prepared for his idiocy.

He was literally foot down if i hit you its going to hurt, get out of my way.

A bloke punched my car whilst I was on my way home yesterday

He was walking in the road amongst slow moving traffic, clearly the worse for wear on something and looked like he was agitating for a fight. Most cars swerved around him, I chose not to and he punched my drivers side window - quite hard

I noticed a bloody, fist-sized smear on it when I got home

Strange    

On 15/11/2023 at 18:49, Livid said:

Such a sweet moment when this happens 😚

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Milo said:

He was walking in the road amongst slow moving traffic, clearly the worse for wear on something and looked like he was agitating for a fight. Most cars swerved around him, I chose not to and he punched my drivers side window - quite hard

Strange    

There are some really weird people about.

The car ok?

And are sure you haven't entered a golf tournament, declared that "18 handicap" and annoyed someone? lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

There are some really weird people about.

The car ok?

And are sure you haven't entered a golf tournament, declared that "18 handicap" and annoyed someone? lol

🤫 

Don’t tell anyone…

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Milo said:

Strange    

How odd.

A couple of years ago I was walking to work and I saw a bloke, quite possibly homeless, fall over and spill his coffee. 

Seconds later he picked up a rock and bombed it through the window of a car parked on the side of the road and then kept walking.

Anger, eh...

Out on my bike earlier today and was waiting at the end of a road to turn right.

The road was quite busy and as I waited, I noticed a car coming down that was indicating to turn into the street I was leaving. The driver then cut the corner big time. So-much-so, they headed straight for me. Where she was looking goodness knows, has she was about to hit me head on.

It was quite a surreal moment as I couldnt believe she couldn't see me and what she was about to do.

Fortunately, she was going going slow enough for us both to avoid the head on.

She avoided eye contact with me and drove off, as I went to give her a piece of my mind.

On 23/11/2023 at 16:40, Free Falling Foxes said:

Out on my bike earlier today and was waiting at the end of a road to turn right.

The road was quite busy and as I waited, I noticed a car coming down that was indicating to turn into the street I was leaving. The driver then cut the corner big time. So-much-so, they headed straight for me. Where she was looking goodness knows, has she was about to hit me head on.

It was quite a surreal moment as I couldnt believe she couldn't see me and what she was about to do.

Fortunately, she was going going slow enough for us both to avoid the head on.

She avoided eye contact with me and drove off, as I went to give her a piece of my mind.

From my house to get to town , I have to turn right out of the junction into the main road so I am approaching the right angle of the centre line and the give way lines. The number of drivers I have to avoid as they turn in and cut across the centre lines of the junction I'm approaching . Jeez. Lack of awareness, lack of consideration or just plain lazy driving. Probably all 3.

Edited by Parafox

8 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

LED lights in general. They're too bright and you can barely see anything but them as they're coming towards you. I swear before they came along you could see more of the road and the general surroundings.

Nine in 10 think some or most UK car headlights are too bright (motor1.com)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

LED lights in general. They're too bright and you can barely see anything but them as they're coming towards you. I swear before they came along you could see more of the road and the general surroundings.

8 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Had to use other cars on the motorway as cover from some bloody LEDs to be able to see what was going on around me this evening.  

Clueless as to how there isn't legislation behind how bright headlights can be or how high they can be angled. 

• Like 1

Driving down A50 passed the Glenfield Hospital. Car leaving the hospital so I moved over to the right hand lane to let them merge. The car decided to not indicate and then just swing right over in front of me and I had to hammer the brakes to not drive into the back of them. Serve me right for trying to be considerate. 

13 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Popped to Costco today to get some fuel. I don't tend to go on a weekend as it's pretty busy but I thought I need some fuel and I don't mine queueing for 20 minutes. It took 3 and quarter hours... Won't be doing that again. 

I went Friday. 10 mins queuing. The queue started at the Costco roundabout. I have never queued for more than 10-12 mins.

3 and a quarter hours is ridiculous. Was there a fuel delivery causing the delay?

Also, why did you sit there for that long? 

12 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I went Friday. 10 mins queuing. The queue started at the Costco roundabout. I have never queued for more than 10-12 mins.

3 and a quarter hours is ridiculous. Was there a fuel delivery causing the delay?

Also, why did you sit there for that long? 

There was an issue on Melton Road which made things a lot worse. Then people had finished fueling but has nowhere to go so made the problems worse. I would've just gone but there was literally nowhere to go other than traffic so I thought I'd got this far, I may as well get something out of it.