Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

10 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

FINALLY

Somebody who actually understands the most basic of road markings. I had some little knob tell me to F Off when i told him he was in the wrong lane trying to force his way in. 

We were both next to each other. I wound my window down

Me - 'You are in the wrong lane'

Him ' I'm going that way' (Pointing to straight over)

Me - 'Exactly, you are in the wrong lane'

Him - 'F Off'

You just cant educate people lol 

Dashcam footage of @kingcarr21

You're completely right though. I honestly don't know how so many people have a driving licence. 

• Haha 1

On 22/12/2023 at 11:31, adam1 said:

Why have 40mph signs 50 yards in front of 50mph signs? [A511]

Screenshot_20231222_112913_Maps.jpg

You can't do 50mph until you have passed the 50 sign.

Many drivers see the 50 and start to accelerate whilst still in a 40 limit.

I'm surprised there isn't a speed camera between the two signs to catch people out.

On 16/12/2023 at 05:26, grth2004 said:

Bit hard when you can’t move because of vehicles around you though 

As well when someone behind you is flashing main beam to get you to move, whilst there's a van on your inside and a barrier on the right. 

Like I can just warp out of the way. 

• Like 1

Travelling north from J21 to 21A, I'm in lane one in a line of vehicles anticipating leaving at 21A. There's no real gaps between them. And yet several knobs still hurtle up the M1 and then try and push in to leave at 21A at the last minute causing everyone to then brake and create a tailback of braking vehicles all the way back to the M69.

Selfish or stupid twats. Or both.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

On 23/12/2023 at 19:38, Parafox said:

You can't do 50mph until you have passed the 50 sign.

Many drivers see the 50 and start to accelerate whilst still in a 40 limit.

I'm surprised there isn't a speed camera between the two signs to catch people out.

Well you can't have it both ways!

Saw this today. 50mph sign right in front of a 40mph. Pointless putting them up! Too many signs on roads.

Screenshot_20231230_172847_Maps.jpg

Deliveroo  / just eat   drivers especially .

Please  could you stop parking  in the  middle  of the road  with your doors wide open when delivering   - especially  on roads that are already  double parked. 

Also please could you refrain from parking  IN  or blocking  people's  drives , again with your doors wide open and music playing  full blast ,

No one's  gonna starve to death  because  their McDonald's or pizza  is 45 seconds late .

Edited by woollett the bullet
  • Like 1

Just now, adam1 said:

Yep right where the speed camera is as well.

I knew the council was financially strapped, but I didn't know they were that desperate.

Northamptonshire County Council is completely bankrupt, that's the reason there's a speed camera about every half mile on their stretch of the M1! 

I can get in the M6 at J19 and drive to Scotland encountering almost the same amount of speed cameras that I'd see from J14 to J16 on the M1.

31 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Yep right where the speed camera is as well.

I knew the council was financially strapped, but I didn't know they were that desperate.

Another speed camera?! 

Avoiding that road now. Though to be fair rare you get to 40mph due to idiots/traffic lights, crossings, traffic etc...

M6 yesterday they'd closed a lane leading to the slip lane, which I've had to nip into to get onto the slip lane, so awaiting to see if I'll get anything from that.

Cameras flashing left, right and centre at the variable speed limits is always concerning to watch 

Roads around where I work, Burton, are flooding really badly again today

When it happened last month a 30 min journey home took 2 hours, and then the same again in the morning in to work

Expecting the same tonight and tomorrow ffs

46 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Roads around where I work, Burton, are flooding really badly again today

When it happened last month a 30 min journey home took 2 hours, and then the same again in the morning in to work

Expecting the same tonight and tomorrow ffs

Yeah it's always an issue here in Burton. Being in a natural valley is the issue. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yeah it's always an issue here in Burton. Being in a natural valley is the issue. 

We are based in Barton so it doesn’t help that pretty much the only way I can get home to Ashby is across a bridge somewhere (usually Walton) but most of them end up closed or the lanes around them flood so basically I end up with no choice but to go through Burton town with everyone else

Luckily I am finishing half an hour earlier today so will be able to miss the worst of the work traffic