Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Driven down the M1 today to Leicester. It's fairly grim and grey and foggy. And of course there are lots of people sitting in the middle of the motorway with no rear lights on, just occupying space. 

No doubt German hatchback drivers!🙄

Drivers who think that indicating means they can just go ahead and do whatever they like. Namely, those that indicate to change lanes but start the manoeuvre at the instant they flick their indicator on when I'm in the lane they want to move into and have to brake quite suddenly as soon as they indicate/move across.

Generally, if people actually understood that you should only perform a manoeuvre if the road is clear for you to do so, it would make such a difference. Changing lanes, navigating junctions and using roundabouts would be a much better experience for all.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Drivers who think that indicating means they can just go ahead and do whatever they like. Namely, those that indicate to change lanes but start the manoeuvre at the instant they flick their indicator on when I'm in the lane they want to move into and have to brake quite suddenly as soon as they indicate/move across.

Generally, if people actually understood that you should only perform a manoeuvre if the road is clear for you to do so, it would make such a difference. Changing lanes, navigating junctions and using roundabouts would be a much better experience for all.

Like those drivers who join dual carriageways/motorways at 45mph and just expect to be let on....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Had this in town the other day around St. Nics. They dove into the right hand lane to go around the car park, which was a dick move but let it go cos that roundabout can be a nightmare.

Then they lobbed themselves into the lane to go round towards the cathedral but, uh oh, bus was parked picking up. They immediately stuck their indicator on and started moving into my lane whilst I was coming towards them.

Must admit I did have a press of the horn as I passed them. Was sick of their arrogance that I was going to just let them do what they want.

As I pulled over in a parking bay to drop the OH off about a minute later and they stopped next to me for about three seconds. Not sure if they left it or shouted something and went but I'm sure I was 100% at fault in their eyes.

• Like 1

On 04/12/2023 at 00:01, ALC Fox said:

See this all the time.

Smart arses skipping queues at motorway junctions and trying to push in.

Generally they're the same dickheads that have driven in the wrong lane for miles, causing congestion. 

Junction 6a of the M1 is a classic for it, where you join the M25, southbound in particular. 

Junction 9 on the M40 for the A34/Oxford is the same.

I have no shame in saying there's been at least 2 occasions where I've held my ground and sent some **** the wrong way round the M25 lol

Same at J32 on the M1 northbound for the M18.

Some utter cvnt almost came right in to the side of me as he skipped the queue and tried to cut in last minute. He wasn't happy as he had no other choice than to carry on, through nobody's fault but his own.

• Like 2

On 03/12/2023 at 13:41, HighPeakFox said:

Driven down the M1 today to Leicester. It's fairly grim and grey and foggy. And of course there are lots of people sitting in the middle of the motorway with no rear lights on, just occupying space. 

On 03/12/2023 at 13:45, Raj said:

No doubt German hatchback drivers!🙄

German cars usually have automatic daylight lighting,even in small cars..

On 03/12/2023 at 14:01, HighPeakFox said:

Nope, just ignorance across the board. 

Going to Loughborough from Copt Oak Monday night at 4:30 pm. It was dark, heavy rain and foggy. A perfect time for a farmer to decide to cut the hedge. He/she was coming away from Loughborough obviously taking up their side of the road and was causing absolute chaos with what seem like miles of traffic stuck behind them unable to pass because of vehicles going the other way. I know farmers are busy people but im sure they can find a better time to be doing this.

21 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

German cars usually have automatic daylight lighting,even in small cars..

Yes, as do most modern cars from all manufacturers. They can be disabled and therein lies the problem. Simple minded, elderly or stupid people turn them off for whatever reason, maybe fear of running the battery down. Who knows. 

Or they think that, because their dashboard lights are lit up, that means their exterior lights must be on. Not necessarily.

Maybe there should be a vocal prompt via the "multifunctional interface" that most cars seem to have these days, that verbally advise the driver that:

"Your light are on full beam and it's dazzling other drivers, twat".

"You have left your hazard lights on, idiot".

"Your right indicator has been on for the last 2 miles, are you changing lanes, ever? Dickhead".

"It's not foggy, there's no heavy rain and visibility is greater than 200 metres. Turn your rear fog light off. Imbecile".

"You're on the motorway, you're travelling at 50mph in lane 2. What the feck is wrong with you"?

I'd happily be the voice for that bit of tech. I could even add prompts as I witnessed stupidity whilst driving.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Drivers of German cars are nowhere near the worst from my experience. 

Taxi drivers, Ford Rangers (and other similar pick ups) and Range Rover drivers are absolutely shocking.

The Range Rover ones are by far the biggest offenders. They're probably driving like they own the road so they can get to the mechanic quicker to fix their car.

They're that bad, I've even come up with an acronym for them...JAWDAR's.

Just Another W4nker Driving A Range.

Sorry @Milo lol

Especially if you're in an Evoque or a Velar. It ain't even a real Range Rover.

It's like saying you own a Porsche and driving a Boxter.

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Drivers of German cars are nowhere near the worst from my experience. 

Taxi drivers, Ford Rangers (and other similar pick ups) and Range Rover drivers are absolutely shocking.

The Range Rover ones are by far the biggest offenders. They're probably driving like they own the road so they can get to the mechanic quicker to fix their car.

They're that bad, I've even come up with an acronym for them...JAWDAR's.

Just Another W4nker Driving A Range.

Sorry @Milo lol

It's like saying you own a Porsche and driving a Boxter.

Or a Cayenne. Surely that's pepper you chuck over your cheese sauce.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

I used to get genuinely baffled by people that didn’t get the fvck out of my way. 

I mean, don’t they know who I think I am? 

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

But I do agree with this. I had an Evoque once (very briefly, long story), 

Previous owner…Sir Clive Woodward!! No idea how he got in it - they’re tiny. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, isaidno said:

People who drive excessively below the speed limit. Got stuck behind someone today doing 35mph in a 60 :angry:

Depends on the road I guess.

Sometimes when the A14 has been blocked sat-navs send idiots along the b-roads near us. They drive like they’re still on a dual carriageway. Then they meet me doing 30-40 and get angry…but I know there’s muntjac jumping out of every other hedgerow and prefer not to have to buy a new wing and clean blood from the windscreen. One road is also covered in deep potholes now. At 40 you can stop if a car comes the other way, at 60 you’ll be smashing into it to avoid the hole or needing to replace pats of the suspension and a wheel.

Everyone’s in such a hurry these days.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Parafox said:

Yes, as do most modern cars from all manufacturers. They can be disabled and therein lies the problem. Simple minded, elderly or stupid people turn them off for whatever reason, maybe fear of running the battery down. Who knows. 

Or they think that, because their dashboard lights are lit up, that means their exterior lights must be on. Not necessarily.

Maybe there should be a vocal prompt via the "multifunctional interface" that most cars seem to have these days, that verbally advise the driver that:

"Your light are on full beam and it's dazzling other drivers, twat".

"You have left your hazard lights on, idiot".

"Your right indicator has been on for the last 2 miles, are you changing lanes, ever? Dickhead".

"It's not foggy, there's no heavy rain and visibility is greater than 200 metres. Turn your rear fog light off. Imbecile".

"You're on the motorway, you're travelling at 50mph in lane 2. What the feck is wrong with you"?

I'd happily be the voice for that bit of tech. I could even add prompts as I witnessed stupidity whilst driving.

I can't see old people,, going that extra mile to disable their Car Daylight lighting... I doubt many won't know how or be interested.... :dunno:

On 05/12/2023 at 21:24, tom27111 said:

Junction 6a of the M1 is a classic for it, where you join the M25, southbound in particular. 

Junction 9 on the M40 for the A34/Oxford is the same.

My ears are burning. Guilty as charged. The M40 A34 junction, why queue when there are huge gaps further up 🤷‍♂️

The A1/A64 junction is exactly the same. Huge queues and yet you can safely join the lane near enough at the junction.

I assume in this instance the dicks just driven to the front and expected to be let in. Arrogance, yeah fck em send them the wrong way. 🤣

The M6 was closed today at Stafford.

Took me 5 hours to drive from Wigan to Northampton. 

Everyone was diverted through Stoke and it was an absolute nightmare. 

And why do some people have a deathwish by doing about 90 down the M1, in pouring rain, when it's dark?

Drive to the road conditions.

21 hours ago, isaidno said:

People who drive excessively below the speed limit. Got stuck behind someone today doing 35mph in a 60 :angry:

Must admit I'm much more tolerant of this type of driving as I'm getting older.

Stats show that on average you only save a few minutes on your journey by driving at/over the speed limit so there's really no point speeding.

And don't forget that in this instance 60 is the limit - not a target. It's winter, cold, wet etc. so all that needs to be taken into consideration.

For me, tailgaters are much more of a problem. If I'm tootling along at 35 and they're up my arse I just wave them past if it's safe to overtake (and hope they end up in a ditch)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

DRL's are a legal requirement on newer cars. They can't be disabled. 

You're correct:

"DRLs were only a legal requirement to be fitted to vehicles type approved from Feb 2012 onwards. If the car was type approved before this date, then you can just switch them off no problem".

In subsequent legislation, DRL's now have to include rear lights.

On the subject of vehicle lighting, why is it that I see so many relatively modern vehicles driving in dusk or at night without any lights on. Don't modern cars have auto lighting? Although, this can be disabled whilst leaving dash lights on, so I guess that's why.