Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 13:16, stripeyfox said:

Arsehole in a Land Rover who drove across the pavement from the Holiday Inn car park last night at the end of the game in an attempt to "beat the traffic" and then proceeded to drive down Raw Dykes Road (whiich was closed to allow the crowd to disperse)

It wasn't Matt Prio, was it?

On 25/10/2017 at 22:15, Col city fan said:

I'm sure that 'certain posters' will come out with the funnies about scooters, but it's actually not till you ride a motorbike that you fully appreciate just how shite the roads around Leicester have become. Potholes, patched up bits, fookin speed bumps everywhere, so many different road surfaces etc etc.

A lot of our local roads are shite.

Sorry Col I'm confused, are we talking about scooters here or actual motorbikes?

Not so much an annoyance but suitable for this thread nonetheless.  Last night I was going through a 20 zone and even though I was a mile or two above 20 the dude behind me still felt this wasn't quick enough and kindly crept up to my bumper so his lights were all I could see in the rearview to let me know that my speed wasn't acceptable.  So naturally I did what any considerate road user would do and eased off on the accelerator to let the car trundle along at around 15 mph until the approach to a roundabout where I sped up just enough to get on in front of the car arriving at the previous entrance but still remaining slow enough for the driver behind me to have to stop for the traffic.  :) 

• Like 1

On 19/09/2017 at 19:33, Strokes said:

I'm still ignoring plenty, I get about 6 a year and unless they are council I just bin em. ANPR cameras are the ones that get me.

On 19/09/2017 at 19:34, DB11 said:

Hopefully you're fine then but if you look up R v Beavis people are getting court dates from parking tickets they ignored from up to two years ago

I've got a letter through and I've received a parking fine (first time ever so haven't got a clue if I should pay or ignore?). One of the camera's by a company called Parking Eye.

I don't want to pay it (although I've recently cleared my car which probably had the ticket in) but don't want to end up in court (does that happen?).

Just now, Fox92 said:

I've got a letter through and I've received a parking fine (first time ever so haven't got a clue if I should pay or ignore?). One of the camera's by a company called Parking Eye.

I don't want to pay it (although I've recently cleared my car which probably had the ticket in) but don't want to end up in court (does that happen?).

I binned a parking eye from aldi in blaby, they sent about 4 letters and gave up. 2-3 years ago. I still abuse the parking there from time to time but they dont chase me anymore.

Im not sure ANPR cameras can actually prove you broke parking restrictions anyway, its not like they have an image of you parked up. You could argue that you spent four hours driving round the car park and never once stopped. 

Throw it in the bin.

• Thanks 1

The daft cow at the roundabout after the flyover (Where St Georges Retail Park is). She was in the left lane (which is well signposted that the left lane only turns left and up the A47). I was in the middle lane behind a woman in a white car (which goes straight on to St Georges and round the roundabout) The woman in the left lane decides to cut right into our lane and started beeping at the poor woman in front of me as if to suggest she was in the wrong whilst almost hitting the side of me.

She was an elderly woman in front of me so this really ****ed me off. The woman parked up into St Georges so I stopped and politely said that the left lane only goes left. She decides to be a mardy cow and her dad climbs out giving it the big one. Asking me how long I had been driving for. I just told him next time you are on that roundabout you will see that you are in the wrong and feel like a complete weapon. I wouldn't have said anything if it wasn't for her beeping at the poor old woman who did nothing wrong. Clearly she needed educating. I was with the wife and Ashton so I held my nerve but I was raging inside. Could quite easily have dragged his face over to the roundabout and given him a close up of the signs. Tosser

• Like 1

On 07/10/2017 at 14:47, The Doctor said:

Melton ****ing road.

The usual rant about double yellows, but outside the big furniture shop towards the thurmaston end (with a small layby) I got stuck behind a bloke who had, let's charitably say parked, in a spot a kid's scooter wouldn't fit and had instead just left his car blocking the entire side of the road. What on earth goes through these people's minds?

Anything goes on Melton Road as long as you put your hazards on.

"Mate, what you doing? You're parked diagonally across both lanes unloading half the tat in England!"

"Leave off pal, I've put the hazards on"

• Like 3

Anyone can park anywhere on Melton Road, without the drivers not caring that other drivers are honking at them to move; laid-back, though most are often friendly, people in that area.

There's probably 15 traffic lights along that Golden Mile, and it's rare if I go through all of them without being stopped at a red light.

Idiots who sit in their vehicles whilst sending a text, on the phone, dropping someone off etc and leave their (mostly) diesel engines idling. Turn them the fvck off. It's not a pleasant experience walking past your four wheeled cancer wagon and having to breathe in the fumes because you are such a selfish, inconsiderate twat.

Not so much an annoyance but an observation.

The picture shows the junction with Kings Richards Road and Fosse Road. At this junction the turn right is green when straight over is red and vice versa.

This is the only junction where I have observed near misses due to the following. Red lights. Turn right goes green. Cars in that lane move forward. Straight on is still red. Yet people in this lane move and go through the red light because they saw cars moving next to them.

I've witnessed this countless times and both ways. Has anyone on here done this or something similar?

Screenshot_20171105-105655.jpg

fvcking annoys me when parents don't take care of their passengers. (obviously don't know for sure if it was parents but that assumption isn't that important).

Today I saw in the car behind me 2 adult in the front seats, and a kid maybe about 3 or 4, standing up from the back seat and leaning through the gap of the front seats to get the attention of both in the front seat. Ridiculously unsafe and the parents cared not one bit. In fact they were humouring her and entertaining her without taking any action to get her belted up. Worse still, there was a fvcking empty children't car seat in the back as well.

Very selfish of the parents who of course have their own seat belts on. We got to traffic lights and I felt like getting out and asking them if they knew what would happen to their child. If they got in a serious crash they'd be thankful they'd be alive but not so thankful that they've seen their child go through the windows or been bashed about the whole car simply because they didn't make sure she had her seatbelt on. 

8 hours ago, adam1 said:

Not so much an annoyance but an observation.

The picture shows the junction with Kings Richards Road and Fosse Road. At this junction the turn right is green when straight over is red and vice versa.

This is the only junction where I have observed near misses due to the following. Red lights. Turn right goes green. Cars in that lane move forward. Straight on is still red. Yet people in this lane move and go through the red light because they saw cars moving next to them.

I've witnessed this countless times and both ways. Has anyone on here done this or something similar?

Screenshot_20171105-105655.jpg

I get what you mean but other drivers should be watching the lights, not reacting to vehicles around them. They would be at fault if they went ahead on red, obviously.

There's loads of junctions that use left/right turn filters, so it's hardly unusual. It's not something I've ever experienced, except when I've been on blues and then, it's a lottery as to what people will do.

On 25/10/2017 at 22:15, Col city fan said:

I'm sure that 'certain posters' will come out with the funnies about scooters, but it's actually not till you ride a motorbike that you fully appreciate just how shite the roads around Leicester have become. Potholes, patched up bits, fookin speed bumps everywhere, so many different road surfaces etc etc.

A lot of our local roads are shite.

Nah. 

Too easy...

26 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Every car should be fitted with a big spring loaded banner that can be unfurled at the touch of a button ....     and when you pull in to let someone by and they don't even acknowledge you, you can press it and out pops the banner with  "FVCK YOU TOO"  written on it.     Miserable cnuts.

Feel better now ...   :)

In my experience of driving (two years), unless they are a white male between the ages of 23 and 45 you stand almost zero chance of getting any acknowledgement. Sexist, racist and ageist maybe... but bloody true :ph34r:

Edited by Babylon

On 10/25/2017 at 13:16, stripeyfox said:

Arsehole in a Land Rover who drove across the pavement from the Holiday Inn car park last night at the end of the game in an attempt to "beat the traffic" and then proceeded to drive down Raw Dykes Road (whiich was closed to allow the crowd to disperse)

Going round the holiday in the other week... someone div must have come out and done a left as they were going the wrong way around the one way system. Both of us had to literally just stop still in the middle of the road to avoid a head on.

Unreal, bloke just smiled and waved.

40 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Every car should be fitted with a big spring loaded banner that can be unfurled at the touch of a button ....     and when you pull in to let someone by and they don't even acknowledge you, you can press it and out pops the banner with  "FVCK YOU TOO"  written on it.     Miserable cnuts.

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Going round the holiday in the other week... someone div must have come out and done a left as they were going the wrong way around the one way system. Both of us had to literally just stop still in the middle of the road to avoid a head on.

Unreal, bloke just smiled and waved.

And CF says people don't say thank you.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Countryfox said:

I always give them the middle finger just as they're about to pass me. I'm sure many of these ignorant gits see it. Makes me feel so much better too.

• Like 2