Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Just been driving the kids to swimming and very nearly ran a bloke over. He crossed the road right in front of me and I didn’t even see him.

All dressed in black with a dark hat on. It was the was middle of an industrial estate so I guess he was walking home from work.

Shit myself and it scared the kids. Why not wear something light or reflective unless you don’t want yourself killed?

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Just been driving the kids to swimming and very nearly ran a bloke over. He crossed the road right in front of me and I didn’t even see him.

All dressed in black with a dark hat on. It was the was middle of an industrial estate so I guess he was walking home from work.

Shit myself and it scared the kids. Why not wear something light or reflective unless you don’t want yourself killed?

Plough into the fooker next time Muzzett and squish him under your wheels so that he's absolutely splatted ...    Might seem harsh but I tell you what ...    He won't do it again in a hurry !!   Lesson learnt ! ...     :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Plough into the fooker next time Muzzett and squish him under your wheels so that he's absolutely splatted ...    Might seem harsh but I tell you what ...    He won't do it again in a hurry !!   Lesson learnt ! ...     :thumbup:

lol yeah that’ll learn him alright!

Forgot to mention the idiot also had headphones on too so obviously didn’t hear the car coming. Just walked out right in front of me. ****

6 hours ago, Parafox said:

The A46 between M1 and The Hobby Horse.

I've had reason to use it twice in 5 days at around 4;30 pm. It's a bloody car park. On Friday I never got beyond 2nd gear.

Is it always like that?

I use it on Saturdays to go to/from my Dad's house and it's fine. Can't say I can recall ever having trouble cruising along at 70. Never used it during the week, but I can well imagine it gets pretty blocked with the tide of humanity trying to get nowhere fast. 

7 hours ago, Parafox said:

The A46 between M1 and The Hobby Horse.

I've had reason to use it twice in 5 days at around 4;30 pm. It's a bloody car park. On Friday I never got beyond 2nd gear.

Is it always like that?

It's bad at peak times otherwise it's fine.

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 18:58, Izzy Muzzett said:

Similar thing happened to me.

I nearly dropped my spliff and had to rewind the dvd I was watching.

• Haha 1

On 11/8/2017 at 18:58, Izzy Muzzett said:

Or indeed wear all black clothing and don't walk in front of cars.

On 08/11/2017 at 16:45, Wymeswold fox said:

Cyclists who come out of nowhere on a busy street with no helmet on and travelling as if the roads are theirs.

Had one the other day at 6 am, still dark, no lights, no hi-vis, no helmet, dark top, dark trousers. Absolute bell.

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 23:40, Trav Le Bleu said:

I was once (on the a47, remember it well) behind a car that did 45 all the way from Peterborough to Leicester. It wasn't even over zealously keeping under the speed limit, cos when we went through villages it pulled away in complete ignorance or defiance of the 30 limit signs. Baffling.

Not as annoying as people who overtake you on the straight when you're doing 60 on a single carriageway country road, but slow to 30-40 for every corner and then accelerating off up to 75-80 again. You can be behind these people driving perfectly legal, but being held up and they're frequently breaking the speed limit. Why would you drive like that? The only answer is, you've got a car you love driving fast, but you're quite crap at handling it.

Which also begs the question, OAPs on road in car 20 mph; on pavement in mobility scooter 20 mph, what's that all about?

Not on the road, but got run over by one of those scooters in Tesco yesterday. Came flying out of one the aisles and went straight over my ankle. It was quite embarrassing receiving first aid on the floor of Tesco. The old guy had no control of the bloody thing. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, isaidno said:

Not on the road, but got run over by one of those scooters in Tesco yesterday. Came flying out of one the aisles and went straight over my ankle. It was quite embarrassing receiving first aid on the floor of Tesco. The old guy had no control of the bloody thing. 

I remember seeing an old geezer tip over in his mobility scooter, went round a corner too fast. I went over to see if he was ok and he kept saying over and over 'they're not supposed to tip over!'. Well it wouldn't have done if you were riding it properly!

On 09/11/2017 at 20:45, separator said:
On 09/11/2017 at 17:58, Milo said:

Gawd bless sarf London - 3 hours to travel 20 miles home :blink: 

South London is great... best part of the city. 

Not if you want to drive anywhere it isn't. 

Or if you need to get a train...

There is a movement towards getting the law changed so that any driver that hits a cyclist is automatically at fault...a bit like if you drive into the back of someone, you are pretty much 100% at fault - saying that a similar law could be used to prosecute drivers who hit cyclists 

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

People who think because they have indicated they can cut straight in front of you. 

On my way to work this morning a car in the left hand lane was marginally in front of me. Puts his indicator and moves straight over, he might as well have not bothered signalling as he forced me to brake sharply. 

They are on the ones who kill motorcyclists - they have been known to get a hard knock on the window at the next set of lights with a pair of carbon armoured gloves and often they are in fact then able to turn their startled attention and move both their neck and their eyes to the right. Well, for a short time anyway in some cases.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

They are on the ones who kill motorcyclists - they have been known to get a hard knock on the window at the next set of lights with a pair of carbon armoured gloves and often they are in fact then able to turn their startled attention and move both their neck and their eyes to the right. Well, for a short time anyway in some cases.

My friend from work was seriously injured last week from a motorcycle accident. I don’t know if you read about it in the Mercury? 

The driver at the scene of the accident said he just didn’t see him so pulled out of the road. 

• Sad 2

On 14/11/2017 at 18:14, Milo said:

There is a movement towards getting the law changed so that any driver that hits a cyclist is automatically at fault...a bit like if you drive into the back of someone, you are pretty much 100% at fault - saying that a similar law could be used to prosecute drivers who hit cyclists 

I think I'm right in saying that the UK is in a tiny minority of European countries where the law doesn't already work like this.

Having seen someone get knocked off a bike by a van driver in Holland, you can tell that they have a different attitude to it