Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

People with poor to no consideration or road sense at junctions.

Example, I'm queuing to turn left and there is a vehicle in front of me turning right but takes up so much of the space at the junction they are preventing me from turning left by positioning themselves almost centrally or too far over to the left.

They are almost always the sort that see a set of headlights coming 6 miles away and hesitate, waiting until they've gone past before pulling out.

• Like 4

On 28/11/2017 at 08:53, Col city fan said:

The old roads are a bit slippy for super scoot this morning. And are taking ages to dry.

We're talking proper biking here though. Not like @Swan Lesta who needs sunshine and a minimum temp of 20 degrees before he tears around the English countryside with his lecturer buddies. 

You need one of these Col...! Dry, warm and mine even has a sunroof!! 

IMG_1893.JPG

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

People with poor to no consideration or road sense at junctions.

Example, I'm queuing to turn left and there is a vehicle in front of me turning right but takes up so much of the space at the junction they are preventing me from turning left by positioning themselves almost centrally or too far over to the left.

They are almost always the sort that see a set of headlights coming 6 miles away and hesitate, waiting until they've gone past before pulling out.

I know exactly what you mean. Then (in my case) they drive 500metres down the road and into Morrisons.

People who don't use the right turn bay when, well when turning right. You know the area in the middle of the road so people can turn right without holding up traffic. Times people in front of me have just sat in the main road blocking traffic waiting for a gap before going. Similar to @Tuna's@Tuna's complaint about peoples positioning at junctions.

And talking of positioning, is it just me or when driving down a road with no white marking down the centre you'll often meet a car coming the other way who has to reposition themselves as they are driving pretty much down the centre of the road?

16 hours ago, Facecloth said:

People who don't use the right turn bay when, well when turning right. You know the area in the middle of the road so people can turn right without holding up traffic. Times people in front of me have just sat in the main road blocking traffic waiting for a gap before going. Similar to @Tuna's@Tuna's complaint about peoples positioning at junctions.

And talking of positioning, is it just me or when driving down a road with no white marking down the centre you'll often meet a car coming the other way who has to reposition themselves as they are driving pretty much down the centre of the road?

Or they don't enter the right turn bay until the last minute, leaving their back end sticking into the main carriageway

I was driving down London Road just past the Old Horse pub and some old fella was just meandering into the middle of the road, in the dark, nowhere near a pedestrian crossing, through 3 lanes of traffic. Luckily I spotted him early, but carried on thinking he'd make his way through and he just stopped in the middle of the road. I stopped and used my horn when he was like 1 yard away, but he didnt even bat an eyelid. Like he was in a trance.

Edited by RonnieTodger

34 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I was driving down London Road just past the Old Horse pub and some old fella was just meandering into the middle of the road, in the dark, nowhere near a pedestrian crossing, through 3 lanes of traffic. Luckily I spotted him early, but carried on thinking he'd make his way through and he just stopped in the middle of the road. I stopped and used my horn when he was like 1 yard away, but he didnt even bat an eyelid. Like he was in a trance.

You've got to be careful round there although it's worse near the train station, lots of hostels and the like, and a lot of folk out of it on booze and substances that don't have a clue where they are

• Like 2

Ambulance with flashing lights appeared behind me at a roundabout, lights were on red so I thought ok i'll move over into the next lane to let the ambulance past (I indicated), some woman comes screaming down the lane i'm moving into and starts having a go at me and keeps having a go at me for a fair amount of time (She must have thought I was just trying to push in/switch lanes), totally oblvious to this Ambulance with flashing lights, they obviously realised what was happening and turned their siren on.

Open your eyes love.

I was in Coventry, that might have something to do with it.

Several people on the drive home after the game yesterday, ffs we all want to get home but why the impatience? 

Special mention to the arsehole in the Focus who undertook us all queing on Aylestone Road in the bus lane, and the idiot who parked up in the way of everyone, and then started beeping at me because I inadvertently blocked him in, whilst he was still parked and I was moving. How was I supposed to know that he would choose that moment to want to move off? 

It's amazing how we're all happy and together at the KP, but as soon as we get back in our cars it's everyone for themselves. 

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 16:46, Matt said:

Ambulance with flashing lights appeared behind me at a roundabout, lights were on red so I thought ok i'll move over into the next lane to let the ambulance past (I indicated), some woman comes screaming down the lane i'm moving into and starts having a go at me and keeps having a go at me for a fair amount of time (She must have thought I was just trying to push in/switch lanes), totally oblvious to this Ambulance with flashing lights, they obviously realised what was happening and turned their siren on.

Open your eyes love.

I was in Coventry, that might have something to do with it.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 18:58, Fox92 said:

M1 stood this morning going to work,.... when I get up to the accident it was north bound ffs not even on our carriage way. All that waiting just for people to stare at what was going on. 

Happens all the time. Every day. At least once.

I'm beginning to lose patience with cyclists on racers out on country roads.  Particularly those that ride in groups of 5 or more, 3 of them riding side by side having a chit chat without any due consideration for everyday traffic trying to pass.

As soon as those groups become 8 or more, when they don't keep all bunched up, they make a huge trail along the road without leaving big enough gaps to enable you to pass a few at a time either.

So, all in all, they're a nuisance.

So far today absolutely nothing but then I drove from Coalville to Burton to catch the train to Birmingham. Totally smooth journey. Only niggle was I got there and the train was cancelled, had to hang around 30 mins for the next one. 

I have deduced that it’s driving into Leicester that gets to me.