Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

30 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The pot-holes STILL haven’t been repaired have they?

:mad:

Did you report them to the sites that were posted a while back? 

I reported the 2 quarry sized ones that were on my way to work. They got filled less than a week later. 

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Did you report them to the sites that were posted a while back? 

I reported the 2 quarry sized ones that were on my way to work. They got filled less than a week later. 

Yes. And they’ve got lines drawn around them, implying that someone has drawn lines round them. 

?

Whoever has drawn lines round them... that’s all they’ve done for fookin weeks. And meanwhile, my vehicles are still getting wrecked by going down them, or I’m having to risk life and limb swerving round them.

I don’t think it’s funny tbh. I think it’s a fookin disgrace. The people ‘up at the town hall’ who were elected to represent the people and their local communities should actually represent the people and their local communities rather than being sat on their arses in meeting after meeting after meeting and earning far too much money doing so.

Bunch of fookin pen pushing beureacrats. Get the roads repaired for fook sake.

Edit: interestingly, not all the pot-holes have lines drawn round them? Does this mean that Leicester City fookin Council, in their infinite wisdom, only repair pot-holes (when the drawing of lines becomes actual repairs!) when they reach a particular size? And if so, don’t the pen pushing bureaucrats realise that if they don’t fill the littler ones too, they will also get bigger? Clearly the people who make the decisions don’t do the filling.... if ANYONE does the filling.

Rant over

Edited by Col city fan

56 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yes. And they’ve got lines drawn around them, implying that someone has drawn lines round them. 

?

Whoever has drawn lines round them... that’s all they’ve done for fookin weeks. And meanwhile, my vehicles are still getting wrecked by going down them, or I’m having to risk life and limb swerving round them.

I don’t think it’s funny tbh. I think it’s a fookin disgrace. The people ‘up at the town hall’ who were elected to represent the people and their local communities should actually represent the people and their local communities rather than being sat on their arses in meeting after meeting after meeting and earning far too much money doing so.

Bunch of fookin pen pushing beureacrats. Get the roads repaired for fook sake.

Edit: interestingly, not all the pot-holes have lines drawn round them? Does this mean that Leicester City fookin Council, in their infinite wisdom, only repair pot-holes (when the drawing of lines becomes actual repairs!) when they reach a particular size? And if so, don’t the pen pushing bureaucrats realise that if they don’t fill the littler ones too, they will also get bigger? Clearly the people who make the decisions don’t do the filling.... if ANYONE does the filling.

Rant over

Well that sucks. If they're sending out someone to draw round it why not just fill it then and there. The 2 I reported fall under charnwood Council, maybe the leicester one has a bit more on their hands. :dunno:

Classic one today.

Got cut up so I beep them and wave hands in the air, then the car in front pulls over and gives me a load of verbal, whilst of course holding the rest of the traffic up.

Oh yeah, and they had a kid in the back... which apparently was the reason I should have just let them drive like idiots, rather than them driving with more care.

It's the audacity that gets me; the idea that, after cutting someone up, instead of raising your hand in a gesture of "sorry" (cos we're all human and make mistakes, I've certainly done it) what you do is get out and have a go at them. The saddest thing is these people are allowed to raise children.

As an aside, you can pretty much guarantee that any car with sign declaring, "Princess on board", will be driven with little to no caution.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

I’ve just seen full on handbags outside the spar in wigston. One guy beeped his horn to ask the guy parking in front of him to otch up abit so they could both get in, then they both got out of their cars and preceded to impersonate a pair of male walrus, chest puffing, forehead brushing, they even went round the corner to ‘sort it out properly’ but continued to do some kind of courting dance to each other before going their separate ways huffing at each other and glaring. 

Certainly brightened up my day and the children thoroughly enjoyed it!! Pair of quims. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Classic one today.

Got cut up so I beep them and wave hands in the air, then the car in front pulls over and gives me a load of verbal, whilst of course holding the rest of the traffic up.

Oh yeah, and they had a kid in the back... which apparently was the reason I should have just let them drive like idiots, rather than them driving with more care.

It's the audacity that gets me; the idea that, after cutting someone up, instead of raising your hand in a gesture of "sorry" (cos we're all human and make mistakes, I've certainly done it) what you do is get out and have a go at them. The saddest thing is these people are allowed to raise children.

As an aside, you can pretty much guarantee that any car with sign declaring, "Princess on board", will be driven with little to no caution.

Princess-Diana-and-the-fatal-car-crash-site-847487.jpg.7fa9a14166e402d6ae644ab396751c74.jpg

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

“Hello RAC breakdown can I help you?”

Me: Yes, I’ve broken down on the high street of Whitchurch near Aylesbury 

RAC: OK we’ll have someone there within 90 minutes and you’ll get a call 10 mins before they arrive

.....90 mins later

RAC driver: Hello, where are you? I’m on Whitchurch High Street and can’t see your car! You are in Whitchurch, Shropshire aren’t you?

Me: No, I’m still in Whitchurch near Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire 

RAC driver: Oh shit, sorry about that. We’ll get someone else to you straight away 

30 mins later. Still waiting 

to be continued :thumbdown: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

“Hello RAC breakdown can I help you?”

Me: Yes, I’ve broken down on the high street of Whitchurch near Aylesbury 

RAC: OK we’ll have someone there within 90 minutes and you’ll get a call 10 mins before they arrive

.....90 mins later

RAC driver: Hello, where are you? I’m on Whitchurch High Street and can’t see your car! You are in Whitchurch, Shropshire aren’t you?

Me: No, I’m still in Whitchurch near Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire 

RAC driver: Oh shit, sorry about that. We’ll get someone else to you straight away 

30 mins later. Still waiting 

to be continued :thumbdown: 

According to Wikipedia there are 14 Whitchurch's in the UK :blink:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

According to Wikipedia there are 14 Whitchurch's in the UK :blink:

But only one near Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire where I told them I was :whistle:

Still waiting btw :yawn:

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just dismal driving really.

Saw an accident today on the roundabout on Burley's Way and despite it happening right in front of me I'm still not sure who's fault it really was.

All I know is if two cars join a roundabout at the same place and one hits the others at right angles then someone's going to have some regrets

50 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Just dismal driving really.

Saw an accident today on the roundabout on Burley's Way and despite it happening right in front of me I'm still not sure who's fault it really was.

All I know is if two cars join a roundabout at the same place and one hits the others at right angles then someone's going to have some regrets

Give way to the right, unless the person already on the roundabout jumped through a red light in which case they'd be at fault. Dashcam? Need to see it

8 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Give way to the right, unless the person already on the roundabout jumped through a red light in which case they'd be at fault. Dashcam? Need to see it

It wasn't a giving way situation.

I was in the third lane that joins from Burley's Way, as I was turning right into Belgrave Gate. Left lane goes left only, middle lane goes left and straight on.

The car that I THINK started in front of me decides that it actually wants to turn left and has started to push its way across. I'd have just gone round the roundabout myself, but they're determined to exit there, and the only way they can is to turn really sharply, having pretty much to cross the path of the traffic going straight on at right angles. It's a ridiculous manoeuvre, but one that it looks like they're getting away with, until a car going straight on but MIGHT have been in the left lane (i.e. the wrong one) that looks like they should have seen the aforementioned twatting about, just drives smack into the side of them. They weren't going quickly - I think they were pretty much stopped when they suddenly started going forward, right into the car that's crossing their path.

I saw the whole thing with my own eyes and I'm buggered if I know what happened

Re pot holes, just who pays for them to be filled in, when and why?

I ask because I witnessed a pot hole filled road near me reduced to one lane for 5 or 6 hours so ONE hole could be filled... the repairers left the rest and re-opened the road. It's not as if the pot hole repaired was the worst one either. I thought it utterly bizarre and could only assume that someone (be it water board, electric, gas, whatever) had paid for it themselves as it was their 'responsibility'. Yet it'll be the same road repairers that will (eventually) repair the others.

Edited by CarbonVirtine

Nearly got wrecked by a fire engine today: It was coming the other way on a fairly narrow single carriageway lights flashing, siren blaring, so I pull as far over as the road allowed and shifted all the way down into 2nd allowing it time to use my lane to overtake the car in front of it.  What neither me nor the firemen were accounting for was the absolute twat carrying on at full pelt and not even move over the tiniest bit, forcing the engine to stay in my lane, in turn forcing me to come to a full stop and try not to shit myself as tonnes of metal hurtled towards me.  In the end they had to slam on their brakes and pull back in behind the willy puller just in time to avoid a collision.  Madness.

Potholes again... there are several in my area that have the old yellow paint to mark them out for repair, some have been done, some have been attempted but over-filled so it resembles a small tarmac mountain, others only half filled in.

The annoying thing for me is, where the tarmac has crumbled away to leave a large area of broken road surface, nothing has been done.

12 hours ago, CarbonVirtine said:

Re pot holes, just who pays for them to be filled in, when and why?

I ask because I witnessed a pot hole filled road near me reduced to one lane for 5 or 6 hours so ONE hole could be filled... the repairers left the rest and re-opened the road. It's not as if the pot hole repaired was the worst one either. I thought it utterly bizarre and could only assume that someone (be it water board, electric, gas, whatever) had paid for it themselves as it was their 'responsibility'. Yet it'll be the same road repairers that will (eventually) repair the others.

The council pay to fill them, when they are reported to them

https://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/report-a-road-problem

2 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

The council pay to fill them, when they are reported to them

That tells me only that they are reported to the council, and the council assesses & arranges the repair.

I'm imagining a scenario where the water board (or whoever) have dug up the road so become responsible for the correct repair/resurfacing. Should they not then they pick up the tab. I'm just trying to understand why, on a road with numerous potholes of various shape and size, only 1 pothole (and not even the worst) is filled. Perhaps it's simply that the council assessor decided that only that one particular hole was in need of repair.