Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Going down the A46 today and seeing Police and Ambulance try to get to an “incident” and lazy listening to music too loud ignorant pricks blatantly being really slow or deliberately taking their time getting out of the way. Fvckers 

This really pissese me off too, and the twats that sit at red lights and refuse to move even when an ambulance is sat right up their arse with blues on and sirens blaring, cvnts.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Cycling through a traffic calming narrow part of a local road outside a school, I hug the side and a bus literally got through when I was on it first. No problem, plenty of room. Then when I do the same, hugging the side, some rough old bird taxi driver starts shouting, "no wonder you get knocked over, do you want to die?" So many responses running through my head but settled on giving her the finger (From a distance ?)

The best thing was, living in a small town everyone knew the air ambulance had been out the datmy before and a nearby road had been closed due to a school kid being knocked off his bike smashing the windscreen.

Just got the impression this offended her and she had obviously decided it was the schoolkids fault and therefore by extension, all cyclists.

My take is that she is a miserable ropey old **** who literally thinks she has more right to be there, and all for a road where, as has been proven, you can comfortably "Get a ****ing bus through there love" at the same time as a bike.

And this is one of the reasons that people disappoint me so much. 

Edited by gw_leics772

On 05/06/2018 at 14:27, Bryn said:

I always got taught that the vehicle which needs to cross another vehicles intended path always gives way, aside from roundabouts or unless otherwise explicitly stated.

That seems common sense if you can't remember it, but serious question, how many would you let out. We have one near a school and at the wrong time I suspect the law says you should wait for them all. 

**** that. One In One out.

I remember when the driving theory test first came out and the quick tests via Facebook  links said you shoudnt even indicate to leave roadside parking, Instead you should wait for a gap. In a city centre that could take hours.

• 1 month later...
On 29/06/2018 at 23:14, Izzy Muzzett said:

"What's the difference between red and green?"

Apparently fvck all if you're a cyclist...

Kills me when I see this happening, it gives the rest of us a bad rep.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Is one needed?

If you're going to choose to be an obstacle for other road users to negotiate at their inconvenience then yes.  To think that it's ok to do because if you don't then you might have obstacles to negotiate on your own dedicated pathway then that's pure hypocrisy, plain and simple.

28 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

If you're going to choose to be an obstacle for other road users to negotiate at their inconvenience then yes.  To think that it's ok to do because if you don't then you might have obstacles to negotiate on your own dedicated pathway then that's pure hypocrisy, plain and simple.

A cyclist using a bike on a road is not an obstacle, they're a road user. 

1 minute ago, ajthefox said:

A cyclist using a bike on a road is not an obstacle, they're a road user. 

When they have a lane of their own that they aren't using then to drivers of larger vehicles trying to pass them they're an unnecessary obstacle mate.  Letter of the law might say they can be on the road if they so choose but unless they're capable of maintaining the pace of the motorised traffic in that zone it doesn't vindicate such behaviour and I say this as somebody who cycles a lot so don't make this a cars vs bikes thing, it's a common decency vs general twattishness thing.

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

When they have a lane of their own that they aren't using then to drivers of larger vehicles trying to pass them they're an unnecessary obstacle mate.  Letter of the law might say they can be on the road if they so choose but unless they're capable of maintaining the pace of the motorised traffic in that zone it doesn't vindicate such behaviour and I say this as somebody who cycles a lot so don't make this a cars vs bikes thing, it's a common decency vs general twattishness thing.

I dunno, I just find it difficult to get cross about occasionally getting held up by cyclists for a minute or so given the hundreds of hours I've spent sat in traffic jams caused by sheer numbers of motor vehicles and yes I know I was part of those traffic jams myself before anyone points that out

29 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I dunno, I just find it difficult to get cross about occasionally getting held up by cyclists for a minute or so given the hundreds of hours I've spent sat in traffic jams caused by sheer numbers of motor vehicles and yes I know I was part of those traffic jams myself before anyone points that out

Both things are annoying but one's more immediately unnecessary.  If the car in front of you in the traffic jam could be in a different lane you wouldn't be in a traffic jam.

What has annoyed me today was the enormous jams round Enderby/Fosse Park area on the way home tonight. Took 1hr15 to do my usual journey home, when it normally takes 40 minutes. Perhaps we should request that the Premier League bans us from having home games midweek, can't even cope when there's a bloody friendly on. Superb work by the county and city councils though, managing to get so many roadworks going at the same time in that area. Really going to outdo themselves once they extend the Bus Lane on Narborough Road Northbound, should guarantee an enormous jam from Upperton Road to Fosse Park, maybe even out onto the M1 every time we have a midweek game.

• Like 2

The amount of people you still see using a mobile phone whilst driving is ridiculous. 

I only live 9 miles away but driving back from work today I saw 4 different people using their phones whilst driving. One of them was a bloke sat in the middle lane of the M1 doing about 65mph whilst what looked like he was texting. 

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

The amount of people you still see using a mobile phone whilst driving is ridiculous. 

I only live 9 miles away but driving back from work today I saw 4 different people using their phones whilst driving. One of them was a bloke sat in the middle lane of the M1 doing about 65mph whilst what looked like he was texting. 

Yeah I see it all the time, I had one guy nearly drift into me a few weeks ago, he held up his hand to apologise and his phone was still in his hand. I could have knocked him out if we were stopped. Also every other set of traffic lights you get held up because someone in front doesn’t know the lights have changed. Because they aren’t even looking. Mobile phones are stopping people performing basic functions.

Edited by Strokes

People are so pathetic. I was driving down a tight country lane, there were road works on a bend with a traffic light. Where the red sign to wait was placed made the turn really tight for oncoming cars, so I waited back a bit (3 car lengths from the red sign). Jesus for the cars behind me it was like I'd murdered their children. Beeping and shouting, all 3 proceed to overtake me and slot into the space before me, making it ****ing awkward for the cars coming round the corner.

Why are people so sad? It was a few metres ffs.

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

People are so pathetic. I was driving down a tight country lane, there were road works on a bend with a traffic light. Where the red sign to wait was placed made the turn really tight for oncoming cars, so I waited back a bit (3 car lengths from the red sign). Jesus for the cars behind me it was like I'd murdered their children. Beeping and shouting, all 3 proceed to overtake me and slot into the space before me, making it ****ing awkward for the cars coming round the corner.

it's a race!

LastBareAddax-size_restricted.gif

2 hours ago, z-layrex said:

I think the heat is making people lose the plot a bit.

More cyclist shenanigans.  So I'm crossing a bus & cycle lane as a bike rounds the bend, travelling towards me on the far side of the road.   At our respective paces I obviously won't be all the way across before their path and my own intersect however I've just finished work and I'm tired so I carry on as I am, after all I'll be pretty much about to mount the pavement when they catch to me and they're the only other road user so that's basically a whole lane for this cyclist to work with, they just need to pull a little to the right and they'll clear me with tons of road to spare.  And yet this lady makes no attempt to alter her course and nearly knocks me down as I'm stepping up onto the kerb.  Completely unnecessary, aggressive behaviour.

I look forward to hearing how the angelic cyclist did nothing wrong because cyclists can't do bad things.

• Haha 1