Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

2 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

People who park next to you in a supermarket car park when it’s virtually empty.

In sainsburys about an hour ago car park is virtually empty. Come back to my car and someone has parked so close to me that we had to pull out so we could just get the passenger door open. 

Shame they had such a crap car else I would have left little scratch on it.

It wasnt crap It was perfectly OK,until you pulled Out to let Your passenger in...B*as**rd!!!:unsure:

Now my Trabi is completely ruined!!

Besides you took my Spot..

Edited by fuchsntf

Roadwork's shutting the bus lane by John Lewis yet no workmen in sight all morning. Why???? Its almost like its a game. Kids are off school so the roads run smoothly, I know what to do, Lets close some lanes off and put a few temporary lights here and there and teach them motorists a lesson.

39 minutes ago, smallpauldj said:

Roadwork's shutting the bus lane by John Lewis yet no workmen in sight all morning. Why???? Its almost like its a game. Kids are off school so the roads run smoothly, I know what to do, Lets close some lanes off and put a few temporary lights here and there and teach them motorists a lesson.

Yeah but imagine the carnage if they shut the road when kids weren't off school. 

God forbid they choose a time to do roadworks where the roads are less busy... 

Don't really like driving anymore tbh.

You're just stuck in one position with arms aching steering the wheel.

If you having are a bad moment and quite stressed, you can do nothing about it as you can't move.

Hence feels like more of a chore at times personally.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

4 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If you having a bad moment and stressed, you can do nothing about it as you can't move.

Try adjusting your driving position, your arms shouldn't be aching.

5 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If you having a bad moment and stressed, you can do nothing about it as you can't move.

Depends what car you have. The car I currently have is like a dream, automatic, fast when it needs to be, comfortable inside. Long journeys on the motorway stick the adaptive cruise control on. 

I wouldn’t be able to go back to a manual car now. 

Edited by Steve_Walsh5

6 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Nothing yet ...   got my 3 hour drive south coming up in a bit and here's hoping its not like the last one ...  having to change a wheel in the dark at the side of a busy road with the Eastern Beast freezing my nuts off ....   :revenge:

Bloody M40 shut as a lorry had overturned and left 30 tons of something or other all over the place ..   so gridlock ..   nearly 4 hours later and I’m here ...   straight down the pub for me !!!

On 24/03/2018 at 11:22, Parafox said:

Is there a time delay on those cameras from when the speed limit flashes up and the camera becomes active?

I may have been caught on the way to London on Thursday. The limit was showing as 60 as I approached but was switched to 50 as I got too close to slow down and there was a flash to my left. I was doing 60 on cruise control.

I'm expecting a fine and points.

I think there is. Im sure I have read it somewhere - foi request. It may be about 30 seconds to a minute.

They may automatically flash and take the picture but they are not processed. I think there is a human element before they send the NIP. 

If you do not receive one within 17/18 days you are clear. I say 17/18 even though its 14 - add a few days on in case they argue bank holiday/weekends etc. 14 may not be a cut and paste got off.

• 1 month later...

4x4 Rant time.

1) Joining M1 from M69. I am in what will be lane 1. I am accelerating upto and beyond 60. 

The adjacent slip lane from J21 merges with what will be lane 2. There are solid white lines with hatches between my lane and the other lane. 

Stupid woman (in a 4x4) in the other slip lane crosses into mine (crossing the solid line and hatches) whilst doing about  40 forcing me to hit the brakes. There is no one in front of her and she is not near the end of the slip lane.

I flash her and she gives me the finger!!!! She continues to drive albeit now just under 50. I over take and she remains at the same speed as she disapears from view in my rear view.

She  clearly has an issue with driving at motorway speeds and has no confidence in merging with motorway traffic. Her licence needs to be revoked.

2) A1 northbound today. Open road ahead. 4x4 in lane 1. I am cruising up in lane 2. He indicates and goes into lane 2. He is doing 60. I quickly come up behind him. He doesnt move back. I flash he doesnt move. The road is still clear in front. I undertake and he has the cheek to beep me!!! Wtf???? Another tosspot who needs their licence revoked.

3) Woman in a 4x4 doing 50 on M69 everyone swerving around her. She wants to come off at the A5 junction. She indicates at the 1/2 mile sign and continues to do so until she exits the motorway. Words fail me. 

Roadworks to commence tomorrow on the M1 for 3 months at the main junction I use to get on it, as well as the junctions either way. I know it's to improve it and make it better in the long term but it's still an inconvenience and it affects me and that's all that matters :ph34r:

The saving grace being that their doing it over summer I guess so football journeys won't be too.affected.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 09:15, StanSP said:

Roadworks to commence tomorrow on the M1 for 3 months at the main junction I use to get on it, as well as the junctions either way. I know it's to improve it and make it better in the long term but it's still an inconvenience and it affects me and that's all that matters :ph34r:

The saving grace being that their doing it over summer I guess so football journeys won't be too.affected.

I'm going to Harrow on Thursday, off at J5, is that anywhere near?

Just now, Parafox said:

I'm going to Harrow on Thursday, off at J5, is that anywhere near?

Nah mate. About 35-40mins further down the M1. Not sure if there's any roadworks between j12 and j5 (probably will be) but I'd watch out for all the new speed cameras on your way down. 

• Thanks 1

Probably not really the thread and it didn't annoy me personally, but I was driving in the King's Heath/Moseley area of Brum yesterday and a large part of it had a blanket 20 mph speed limit - not just residential side streets, or stretches outside of schools, or at certain times, but just all roads within quite a significant area. Not seen that anywhere before, a sign of things to come?

On 4/29/2018 at 09:15, StanSP said:

I was staggered on Saturday driving to Palace, I drove from J21-J4 and aside from about 600 yards of non-camera 50mph near Watford there wasn't a 50mph stretch in sight. Did Jct-Jct in about an hour! It was the most incredible journey I've done on the M1 in ages!

Learners holding up busy roads during rush hour.

Obviously they've got to experience it at some point, but there's only a couple of roads on the way to work that I can actually build up the speed to reach the limit . Even they're being held up by a learner that isn't confident enough to do anything more than 30 in a 40. 

Not the learner's fault though, I remember my instructor saying "**** em" when I was worried about holding anyone up. 

What is happening to Leicester’s roads at the moment?

They are getting worse.

I was coming from the Glenfield Gen Hospital to the Leicester General Hospital yesterday along the ring road. 

Fortunately I was on my scooter so just filtered through the traffic. But if I was in a car, I swear the journey would have taken 45 mins. And this was only 2.30 in the afternoon. The whole length of the ring road, up until about the Hamilton Tesco, was like a car park. It was hardly moving and I couldn’t see there’d been any accidents etc. It just looked like volume of traffic.

On 02/05/2018 at 09:27, RonnieTodger said:

Learners holding up busy roads during rush hour.

Obviously they've got to experience it at some point, but there's only a couple of roads on the way to work that I can actually build up the speed to reach the limit . Even they're being held up by a learner that isn't confident enough to do anything more than 30 in a 40. 

Not the learner's fault though, I remember my instructor saying "**** em" when I was worried about holding anyone up. 

It baffles me that tuition is allowed between 8-9am and 4-6pm, the amount of times I've seen Abbey Lane at rush hour at cycling pace because someone's having their first lesson and driving at 10mph, forcing hundreds of cars to slam their brakes on because they can't switch lanes

3 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Tractors on the roads during rush hours. FFS it's light and warm at 5.30 till 8.30pm and they have all day. I'm sure they do it to piss us off and get pleasure from doing so.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/04/tractor-driver-who-caused-50-car-tailback-driving-at-25mph-is-fined-5984790/

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The pot-holes STILL haven’t been repaired have they?

:mad:

You’ve been banging on about this for months Col.

Would have been quicker to go round and fill the fvckers in yourself lol