Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

19 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

More cyclist shenanigans.  So I'm crossing a bus & cycle lane as a bike rounds the bend, travelling towards me on the far side of the road.   At our respective paces I obviously won't be all the way across before their path and my own intersect however I've just finished work and I'm tired so I carry on as I am, after all I'll be pretty much about to mount the pavement when they catch to me and they're the only other road user so that's basically a whole lane for this cyclist to work with, they just need to pull a little to the right and they'll clear me with tons of road to spare.  And yet this lady makes no attempt to alter her course and nearly knocks me down as I'm stepping up onto the kerb.  Completely unnecessary, aggressive behaviour.

I look forward to hearing how the angelic cyclist did nothing wrong because cyclists can't do bad things.

You're jaywalking and somehow it's the cyclist's fault?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

More cyclist shenanigans.  So I'm crossing a bus & cycle lane as a bike rounds the bend, travelling towards me on the far side of the road.   At our respective paces I obviously won't be all the way across before their path and my own intersect however I've just finished work and I'm tired so I carry on as I am, after all I'll be pretty much about to mount the pavement when they catch to me and they're the only other road user so that's basically a whole lane for this cyclist to work with, they just need to pull a little to the right and they'll clear me with tons of road to spare.  And yet this lady makes no attempt to alter her course and nearly knocks me down as I'm stepping up onto the kerb.  Completely unnecessary, aggressive behaviour.

I look forward to hearing how the angelic cyclist did nothing wrong because cyclists can't do bad things.

What you describe is completely reasonable, unfortunately it requires a degree of common sense and courtesy. Something which I feel is lacking in many of the general public these days. 

53 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

33 minutes ago, Buce said:

You're jaywalking and somehow it's the cyclist's fault?

Not content with being on the same side with the cat and dog debate? You're now jousting on here? I'm sensing there's 'history' :D

Edited by Max Wall

57 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I've been on a bicycle. Probably not for 20 years but I've been on one. I'm definitely not angelic. I'd have mowed you down I think.

Edit ;):thumbup:

Edited by Max Wall

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

Not content with being on the same side with the cat and dog debate? You're now jousting on here? I'm sensing there's 'history' :D

No beef, I'm just a dude on the internet minding my own and Buce is just a sad man with no life and a history of doxing people's places of work when he's losing an argument... one who knows full well that we live in a civilised nation where crossing the road isn't illegal.  He just wants a reaction because he's a sad man with no life, as I previously mentioned. 

Like I say, no beef.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Not at all, Max, I like the Llama.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I've been on a bicycle. Probably not for 20 years but I've been on one. I'm definitely not angelic. I'd have mowed you down I think.

I love a good bike ride, if anything that's why it pisses me off because people like her are why people assume you're probably a cvnt when you're on one.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

No beef, I'm just a dude on the internet minding my own and Buce is just a sad man with no life and a history of doxing people's places of work when he's losing an argument... one who knows full well that we live in a civilised nation where crossing the road isn't illegal.  He just wants a reaction because he's a sad man with no life, as I previously mentioned. 

Like I say, no beef.

Jesus.

Another thread I'm best avoiding lol

All I'll have left at this rate is the Ghezzal ballon d'or thread.

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The thought of having driverless cars on UK roads.

Doesn't fill me with confidence,  even if it helps prevent daft accident-prone drivers driving.

Probably safer than letting the Llama drive...

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

The thought of having driverless cars on UK roads.

Doesn't fill me with confidence,  even if it helps prevent daft accident-prone drivers driving.

I'm not so sure Wymes, some of the crap you see going on with drivers these days is shocking.

On mobiles, parking in the middle of blind bends causing a danger in both directions, opening their doors into a road without even looking. There's so many oblivious people, most of them with a licence, that I think a completely banning humans from driving and having a fully driverless system has to be the Worlds goal.

Shame for completely safe drivers but they are in the minority in my estimation.

28 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Cyclists is like weighing into a drugs or politics debate.

It is isn't it? Why is that? I don't understand quite why cyclist debates get quite so entrenched and vitriolic so quickly.

I do thousand of miles a year by bike, for pleasure, and sure I've had a couple of incidents over the years but I find the vast majority of drivers to be considerate and aware. That said, I don't cycle in the UK now! The volume of traffic and state of the roads puts me right off!

Edited by CarbonVirtine

31 minutes ago, CarbonVirtine said:

It is isn't it? Why is that? I don't understand quite why cyclist debates get quite so entrenched and vitriolic so quickly.

I do thousand of miles a year by bike, for pleasure, and sure I've had a couple of incidents over the years but I find the vast majority of drivers to be considerate and aware. That said, I don't cycle in the UK now! The volume of traffic and state of the roads puts me right off!

I think you have answered your own question there in a way. 

I suppose as populations grow, space becomes more of a premium and people are seemingly becoming more territorial. Car drivers annoyed with cyclists, cyclists annoyed with car drivers, everyone annoyed with van drivers.

In general, the roads are just too busy now, they weren't really designed for the explosion in traffic.

Was waiting at a crossroads behind a couple of other cars, the one at the front seemingly very timid. I notice the guy guy behind me in his Land Cruiser has started to pull into the driveway next to us. I assume he's turning round for some reason, but it actually turns out he's had enough of waiting and mounts the pavement, barrelling right into the junction without slowing. I didn't even remember to be annoyed, I was just dumbfounded.

16 minutes ago, potter3 said:

Was waiting at a crossroads behind a couple of other cars, the one at the front seemingly very timid. I notice the guy guy behind me in his Land Cruiser has started to pull into the driveway next to us. I assume he's turning round for some reason, but it actually turns out he's had enough of waiting and mounts the pavement, barrelling right into the junction without slowing. I didn't even remember to be annoyed, I was just dumbfounded.

What an annoying guy guy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

Kids on bikes doing wheelies on the the wrong side down the road.

Indicators at roundabouts is still up there as well.

And the worst one to date, guy on motorbike texting............. what a effing idiot

Remember this cu*t?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-41839086/mother-releases-dangerous-game-cycle-crash-film-as-warning

The ****ing roadworks at foxhunter roundabout are doing my nut in. I have the displeasure of driving through there twice a day at rushour, the traffic both ways is unbearable. All because some idiots didn't know how to use a ****ing roundabout and kept crashing. Can't wait for it to be finished.